Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
CBro

[Offline] MyM and C&C Present: D.I.E.:Death Is Expected

67 posts in this topic

http://terrafirmacraft.com/faq.html

Can I put TFC in my modpack?

• TFC is licensed under GNU GPL v3. You can use Terrafirmacraft in your modpack, public or private. If possible, please link to the mod's website, so people know where it came from.
  • TFC is a mod for Minecraft. Therefore, all distributions must comply with Mojang's EULA. This includes restrictions put in place stating that you are not allowed to directly make money from distributing TFC. Server donations are fine in some situations, but must also comply with Mojang's statements regarding server monetisation.
  • We do not support the use of the Technic/Tekkit launcher. If you wish to use a Technic Pack, you are not allowed to advertise it on our forums, and any issues such as bugs and crashes that happen while using a Technic Pack will not receive support on these forums.

Your original post has been updated accordingly.

Hey CBro,

Just a few things for feedback, if you would like to hear.

Mod utilization:

I understand this is a beta pack, but right now the mid-game feels quite awkward. There seems to be a lot of mods, specifically technology mods, that are in the pack but are largely unusable. Many of the recipes are impossible due to the lack of one thing:

A furnace

Mods like Electrical Age and Progressive Automation become quite literally useless without the ability to craft smelted items. It really is a shame, for it seems we're (intentionally perhaps?) locked out of a lot of potential content. This makes it very uncertain of where we're supposed to go after we've progressed in TFC. And while TFC is fun, I would like to see the ability to use these technological mods to their full potential.

Quests:

Overall, I like the style, especially the challenges, but I also feel that there are too many "hidden" quests. I look at the TFC advanced section and see only 20% complete, but nearly all available quests completed. Perhaps this is personal preference, or popular opinion since most other HQM packs have some degree of transparency, but it would be a lot less frustrating if we had at least some idea of where the quest progression is leading.

And of course, it may be a consequence of a beta pack, but just to bring it to your attention, some of the quests are flawed, specifically the wrought iron quests. The second part of that quest has literally nothing on it, making the quest impossible to complete.

Server:

Not sure if this is due to server specs or an unoptimized modpack, but there's a lot of lag, to the point where I get disconnected. I'm sure you're aware of this, but just wondering which one it was: resource-heavy modpack, or under-powered server? Maybe a combination of the two?

Overall:

Great modpack! For beta, I love the design and concept. Despite the negatives, I still saw it worth exploring. Of course there seem to be parts you have yet to implement, and quests you have yet to create or polish, but I find this very fun and a great challenge! No matter what stage of the game you are in (except for perhaps end-game), there are always threats and danger. The modpack truly lives up to its name.

Wonder where this is going to go,

-Parson

Hey CBro,

Just a few things for feedback, if you would like to hear.

Mod utilization:

I understand this is a beta pack, but right now the mid-game feels quite awkward. There seems to be a lot of mods, specifically technology mods, that are in the pack but are largely unusable. Many of the recipes are impossible due to the lack of one thing:

A furnace

Mods like Electrical Age and Progressive Automation become quite literally useless without the ability to craft smelted items. It really is a shame, for it seems we're (intentionally perhaps?) locked out of a lot of potential content. This makes it very uncertain of where we're supposed to go after we've progressed in TFC. And while TFC is fun, I would like to see the ability to use these technological mods to their full potential.

Quests:

Overall, I like the style, especially the challenges, but I also feel that there are too many "hidden" quests. I look at the TFC advanced section and see only 20% complete, but nearly all available quests completed. Perhaps this is personal preference, or popular opinion since most other HQM packs have some degree of transparency, but it would be a lot less frustrating if we had at least some idea of where the quest progression is leading.

And of course, it may be a consequence of a beta pack, but just to bring it to your attention, some of the quests are flawed, specifically the wrought iron quests. The second part of that quest has literally nothing on it, making the quest impossible to complete.

Server:

Not sure if this is due to server specs or an unoptimized modpack, but there's a lot of lag, to the point where I get disconnected. I'm sure you're aware of this, but just wondering which one it was: resource-heavy modpack, or under-powered server? Maybe a combination of the two?

Overall:

Great modpack! For beta, I love the design and concept. Despite the negatives, I still saw it worth exploring. Of course there seem to be parts you have yet to implement, and quests you have yet to create or polish, but I find this very fun and a great challenge! No matter what stage of the game you are in (except for perhaps end-game), there are always threats and danger. The modpack truly lives up to its name.

Wonder where this is going to go,

-Parson

Thank you for the feedback sir! I very much appreciate it!

As far as the furnace goes, the Questbook directs you the correct direction to making a workable furnace to start, which would be the Infernal Furnace from Thaumcraft, that is the intended first vanilla smelting furnace. Maybe I should rework the quest line to indicate that earlier on to make thaumcraft a higher priority? We have 'mock-ran' through all the other mods with the use of TFC and are satisfied with how they are implemented, we wanted to keep the same idea of TFC throughout the other mods and with the idea of the modpack, insanely difficult, but insanely rewarding upon completing it. Before getting to the infernal furnace, the progressive automation miner is easily reachable making the mining significantly easier. Once you find a Kimberlite deposit and are able to get a few diamonds out of it, a multitude of mods opens up and is really exciting to find your way through it DIE style.

The Quests I agree, but I am working hard on making those as smooth as possible, it is by far the number one time consumer and most needy part of this pack. Out of the thousand hours I have into it, I have spent probably half those planning, writing, fixing, taking notes, planning quests. The Wrought Iron quests? First time I have heard of that one being an issue, if you could give me more detail I'd love that! I'll put it in my notes for the next update. I have planned the next QB update to be released in the next couple days mostly being a quest book bug fix, with a few more directional quests added once you get to the iron stage of TFC, which is the point PA and others open up. Honestly, if I were to start fresh, diamonds would be my number one priority after a pick since it is the gateway and bottleneck to everything else.

The server has the best single-core CPU for MC possible, I was unaware of the TPS issue. I have spent hours on the server, so so SO many hours, optimizing being one of the things I did on there, if you have any more detail about this I'd be glad to figure out what's going on there? I am not one to let even a slight TPS drop go unresearched. I had it at a continuous 20 TPS for days and thought it was stable, I'll do some looking around to fix this issue.

Thank you again for the report, it's truly appreciated! If you have any other things to note, I'd love to hear it, I want it to be perfect and smooth. :D

~CBro

Well thank you very much for responding! It's a healthy trait in a developer to respond, and benefits everyone I think,

I was not actually aware that any type of furnace was available. Therefore, I didn't even aim for the infernal furnace. So yes, it probably would be a good idea to have a notification or guide the player toward thaumcraft in the quest book.

The specific wrought iron quest was the one where you had to hand in a refined bloom under TFC Advanced. The problem was, for the first part, you had to hand in a refined bloom and a wrought iron ingot, but then the second part mentioned making and handing in the ingot from the bloom, but there was no task to hand anything in for this second part, leading to a dead end. This was in the SSP version though, although I assume the SSP and SMP are the same.

And the problem is less of TPS and more of connection issues. I am not the only one, but there seems to be connection issues with others as well, to the point where we time out. I think this is what also causes the occasional block lag: we just aren't connecting to the server very well, and there is a huge delay in updating. It tends to come in frequent bursts, such as the game is unplayable for a few seconds, and for the next minute is fine, then repeat.

Other than that, our group is having a lot of fun with this pack, and even caught our first thief! Funny, even with all the troubles and dangers in this pack, people still turn on each other when they could just ask for help.

But if you could locate the issues of this latency problem (I believe it is), this is probably the single most important step to making a more enjoyable server. Despite it though, we still play, although having a smooth connection would be the greatest next step for the server!

As for the report, not a problem. How are you supposed to know what's going on if we don't tell you?

-Parson

Any crafting table from tinkers next to a chest from TFC will crash the server. It's likely that issue will be fixed in a future update, until then, sorry! Thank you for the report though!

Not to be a stickler, bcg17, but I must point out that satiation is in fact another word. It's root word is sate, meaning to satisfy or supply in excess. Although it is easy to see how it could be mistaken for saturation.

I will try to take pictures of the wrought iron quest if I can and post them here, if I have the time. That actually seems like a very good way to report bugs.

-Parson

EDIT: Also, while I like the idea of securitycraft as a mod to protect belongings, it seems to be quite awkward in its protective capabilities. The keypad chest is probably the first thing people can get into, but what's to stop a raider from coming in during the night and spamming codes?

I feel like it needs some tweaks, or there needs to be something else. It feels too....sparse to be effective.

Just my thoughts as one who has had trouble dealing with raiders finding their camouflage-block hidden base.

-Parson

Lots of optimizations done on the server yesterday. It's running significantly better and now our focus is being put towards a new update which will include lots more quests to tie in TFC to other mods as well as lots more balancing scripts being added. Feel free to post more suggestions about the pack or issues with the server here! I appreciate all feedback! :D

Hey there, I just wanted to stop and thank you for putting this modpack together. Any sneak peeks you feel like sharing with us about future updates, any new mods? Or maybe a release date?

Yeah got a new addition and release today. Updating to build 15 for TFC adding a new mod and a lot of other updates. Should be out within the next few hours.

Huge update, 60% of the mods updated including TFC to build 15 (see the home base for the full list/changelog). Unfortunately during this update I had to remove the HQM QB for the time being (the saved quests that is). I'll work on resolving the issue and upload the save as soon as it's fixed. Don't worry I have everyone's quest progression saved and when the QB is fixed I'll upload that back into it.

Updated the pack today, one step closer to official release. Won't be long before it's on the FTB launcher with a server build as well.

is the mym launcher mod-pack updated? i cant get on with it. i tried the technic one, but it told me there was a problem with forge. any-who, im enjoying the modpack. :)

Why can't we use a mini map??

Actually, if we can use mini maps, i think i will be in Love :D

Edited by LadyZaratam

Why can't we use a mini map??

Actually, if we can use mini maps, i think i will be in Love :D

I think you'll find you'll love it without too. It's tough at first since we are so used to it, but given a few hours play time we've all come to appreciate having to mark spots or make notes of coords. :)

Please remember to follow rule #3 of the servers forum and update your topic title to contain the version of TFC that the server is currently running. You can do so by editing the OP, and then clicking on "Use Full Editor."

The IP listed in the OP of this topic is not valid. Entering it into the Minecraft launcher shows no response. If this server is down only for maintenance, please respond immediately.

If no response is given within 48 hours, this topic will be locked for being an offline server.