Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
TheGatesofLogic

[Solved] SSP Server D/C On Chisel Detailing

9 posts in this topic

Version #: .79.13.468

SSP/SMP (Single/MultiPlayer): SSP (did not test on SMP)

Suggested Name: SSP Server D/C On Chisel Detailing

Suggested Category: Severe 

Description: While using the fine detail mode of the chisel to chisel a stone brick block (uncertain if it matters what type of block is being chiseled) in singleplayer the internal server decides to shut down immediately. This, oddly enough, returns me to the multiplayer server selection screen, rather than the title screen despite it being an issue in singleplayer... I checked and I was not in LAN mode so that was out of the question as the source of the issue. At first I assumed it was a local issue and tried to reinstall and it happened again. Since there was no crash I can not include a crash report so instead I included the relevant secton of the game output occurring immediately after using the chisel on the block. It seems now to be an actual bug, though how it hasn't been noticed so far eludes me.

Have you deleted your config files and are still able to reproduce this bug?: Yes

Do you have any mods other than Forge and TFC installed?: No

Pastebin.com link of the Crash Reporthttp://pastebin.com/Nwg8Sg6e

Are you still running Java 6 by chance?

Nope, just checked. Was running 7 though so I updated to 8. Still no luck. I still have the same issue.

Ignore that. Give me a minute

Are you absolutely positive you don't have an old copy of Java 6 still installed somewhere? Are you on a mac?

The stack trace in your pastebin is literally caused by using Java 6, because the method it cannot find wasn't implemented until Java 7.

Edit: Could you please start up the minecraft launcher, and pastebin what it says in the Launcher Log tab? It should look something like this:

[20:11:03 INFO]: Minecraft Launcher 1.5.3 (through bootstrap 5) started on windows...[20:11:03 INFO]: Current time is Dec 16, 2014 8:11:03 PM[20:11:03 INFO]: System.getProperty('os.name') == 'Windows 7'[20:11:03 INFO]: System.getProperty('os.version') == '6.1'[20:11:03 INFO]: System.getProperty('os.arch') == 'amd64'[20:11:03 INFO]: System.getProperty('java.version') == '1.7.0_71'[20:11:03 INFO]: System.getProperty('java.vendor') == 'Oracle Corporation'[20:11:03 INFO]: System.getProperty('sun.arch.data.model') == '64'[20:11:03 INFO]: JFX has been detected & successfully loaded[20:11:04 INFO]: Refreshing local version list...[20:11:05 INFO]: Refreshing remote version list...[20:11:05 INFO]: Refresh complete.

Checked again. I am running a mac and Java 6 WAS still present after installing Java 8, so I deleted it directly (not very hard to do). Unfortunately this made my situation worse as I am now unable to open the minecraft applet as I receive a message notifying me that "You need a Java SE 6 Runtime to run this app. Would you like to download one now?" which obviously is not something that would help my situation... This also makes no sense as I DO have a Java RE installed and operational... I'll have to go and figure this out...

Hmm i'm not sure if the Forge we are using is compatible with Java 8 tbh, id suggest using Java 7 just in case.

Best to just remove all Java stuff, and reinstall a fresh Java 7, installing and reinstalling different versions dint work to well for me in the past on Win7.

For future reference if others have this issue. For Yosemite OS Apple stupidly removed a key method. You still want to use Java 7, but you will need to remove your old Java 7, redownload it from oracle and reinstall. The confusing thing is that it is hotfix and has the same build number (71 I believe). You can still have Java 6 SE and Java 8 on your system, just be sure to point your installer at Java 7.

I may have figured it out. I think it has to do with my mac linking me to the old version of the apple java 6 runtime instead of the current version. The current version is simply a directory change to match with current java 7 and java 8. This would explain a lot.

Nope. But I did figure out an annoying workaround. I simply downloaded the linux launcher, it fixed it.

If you hit Edit Profile on the launcher for your TFC profile, there is an Executable: option under Java Settings (Advanced) that you can set to run a specific version of java instead of the one it natively detects...

Edit: In other words, as long as you are using the "new" launcher (released along with Minecraft 1.6) and you still have Java 6 installed as Mac apparently requires, you can also have Java 7/8 installed. The original opening of the launcher will use Java 6 as the error message states it requires, but then you can edit a specific profile and when the launcher launches a Minecraft instance, it will do it with the java executable you point to in the option, instead of Java 6 that was used to launch the launcher.