Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Bletch

[TFC 0.79.29] Udary Mod - Galena/Limonite Extraction, Ingame Alloy Calculator, Tucker Bag, Evaporator Pan & Drying Mat

169 posts in this topic

Hey Bletch, 

Loving this mod. A few questions about how dried foods compare to their normal counterparts:

* Does a dried food decay at the same rate as the normal foods? ie: are drying mats a food preservation tools like (salting/pickling)?

I understand that drying 10lb of a food will result in 5lb of dried food that has 2x the flavor. But I was wondering:

* Does 5lb of a dried food provide the same effect on your nutrition profile as 10lb of the normal food does?

* Does 5lb of a dried food provide the same effect on your hunger as 10lb of the normal food does?

Thanks! :)

Hey Bletch, 

Loving this mod. A few questions about how dried foods compare to their normal counterparts:

* Does a dried food decay at the same rate as the normal foods? ie: are drying mats a food preservation tools like (salting/pickling)?

I understand that drying 10lb of a food will result in 5lb of dried food that has 2x the flavor. But I was wondering:

* Does 5lb of a dried food provide the same effect on your nutrition profile as 10lb of the normal food does?

* Does 5lb of a dried food provide the same effect on your hunger as 10lb of the normal food does?

Thanks! :)

subarctic_guy,

Glad you like the mod.

Attempted answers:

1. Dried food decay rate is slower than normal food. It uses the same dried mechanic as meat does, not sure what the dried rate is, as that is defined in TFC. Yes, drying mats are food preservation tools.

2. I am not really sure how the whole nutrition profile works 100%, but yes I think it does have the same effect.

3. As for the hunger, no I think the hunger works off the amount of food, not the quality. But again I could be wrong here and only testing it would say for sure.

I idea behind the drying mat was to make fruits and veges last longer in the earlier stages of the game. As you start planting more crops you do not really use it as much, as you just pick what you want, whenever you want from your crops. No real need to preserve.

I hope this clears it up a little, if not let me know.

When I make the alloy calculator my game crashes can you help please

I posted this question earlier, but it ended up at the bottom of the forum page (which more often than not tends to be overlooked).

How long does it usually take in-game to cook limonite into cooked limonite? And does the amount of time for it to cook depend on the quality of the limonite? All it continues to show is the "Cooking" text below the two bottom slots and the underlined "Rich Cooked Limonite" above the top slot with no sign of any further progress. As far as I can tell, this is the only feature of the mod that doesn't work for me.

When I make the alloy calculator my game crashes can you help please

Can you provide any more information?

1. Which version of TFC are you using?

2. Which version of the mod are you using?

3. What exactly do you mean the game crashes? Can you provide me a crash log?

I posted this question earlier, but it ended up at the bottom of the forum page (which more often than not tends to be overlooked).

How long does it usually take in-game to cook limonite into cooked limonite? And does the amount of time for it to cook depend on the quality of the limonite? All it continues to show is the "Cooking" text below the two bottom slots and the underlined "Rich Cooked Limonite" above the top slot with no sign of any further progress. As far as I can tell, this is the only feature of the mod that doesn't work for me.

Sorry for the delay, being xmas time and all, we went away.

I will have a look for you and report back.

New version released (0.2.30) that is compatible with TFC 0.79.26 & 0.79.27.

(BugFix) Fixed the bug that prevented the Ore Cooker from cooking Limonite Ore.

As always, enjoy.

New version released (0.2.30) that is compatible with TFC 0.79.26 & 0.79.27.

(BugFix) Fixed the bug that prevented the Ore Cooker from cooking Limonite Ore.

As always, enjoy.

Awesome! Thanks, Bletch!  :D

Was suggested to post this crash- 

TFC Version #: [1.7.10]TerraFirmaCraft-0.79.27.903

Forge Version #:  forge-1.7.10-10.13.4.1558-1.7.10-universal

http://pastebin.com/TqnrFWZ1

Interesting enough, the only thing about this anodizing error was that I just made one carbon stick and it's just in a large vassal for storage. Saw within NEI that it was a fuel source, in a hurry realizing it was for a vanilla fuel source for a normal furnace. 

Fact 1. Happened to make it within the first few day, was in the vassal ever since.

Fact 2.  2 days after,  Installed the cellar mod & scales mod just before the crash occurred.

-- Thought maybe these might help also. 

Edited by Goblin

Was suggested to post this crash- 

TFC Version #: [1.7.10]TerraFirmaCraft-0.79.27.903

Forge Version #:  forge-1.7.10-10.13.4.1558-1.7.10-universal

http://pastebin.com/TqnrFWZ1

Interesting enough, the only thing about this anodizing error was that I just made one carbon stick and it's just in a large vassal for storage. Saw within NEI that it was a fuel source, in a hurry realizing it was for a vanilla fuel source for a normal furnace. 

Fact 1. Happened to make it within the first few day, was in the vassal ever since.

Fact 2.  2 days after,  Installed the cellar mod & scales mod just before the crash occurred.

-- Thought maybe these might help also. 

Goblin,

​Thank you for the information, I have not forgotten about you, I am trying very hard to reproduce the bug. I just need some time.

Thanks

nvm

Edited by Mexahoid

Very interesting mod. I don't recognise evaporation pan as a kind of a cheat, its use is limited to the hot biomes (which is believable).
 Maybe you would consider adding extraction of some minerals from hot water (for example fertiliser or flux - geothermal water is highly mineralised).

Drying mats works also good (however there is small glitch with bounding box, sometimes I got stuck when trying to run over this mats).

Tucker bags seems to be overpowered to me. I already decreased ability to carry only small gems by ordinary bag, but see no config for reinforced bag. In my opinion, standard bag should carry only birds and young pigs and sheep, reinforced bag should carry adult pigs, sheep and young cows, horses, bears, without capability of holding adult horses etc large animals (not sure, if such limitation is even possible from programmers point of view?)

Ore breakup - excellent idea, wonder why it is not included in TFC itself.

Alloy calculator - convenient tool, however I didn't reveal it to my daughter, she still making math proportion exercises :)

the only problem with specifying *baby* animals, is that you don't tend to see them in the wild - most of the animals you see spawned are mature.

Yes, in this case you need to tame them and breed, and then catch baby animal to transport.  In fact, I'm using this bag only to transport chickens, all other animals are spawned nearby.

9 hours ago, ciekma said:

Very interesting mod. I don't recognise evaporation pan as a kind of a cheat, its use is limited to the hot biomes (which is believable).
 Maybe you would consider adding extraction of some minerals from hot water (for example fertiliser or flux - geothermal water is highly mineralised).

Drying mats works also good (however there is small glitch with bounding box, sometimes I got stuck when trying to run over this mats).

Tucker bags seems to be overpowered to me. I already decreased ability to carry only small gems by ordinary bag, but see no config for reinforced bag. In my opinion, standard bag should carry only birds and young pigs and sheep, reinforced bag should carry adult pigs, sheep and young cows, horses, bears, without capability of holding adult horses etc large animals (not sure, if such limitation is even possible from programmers point of view?)

Ore breakup - excellent idea, wonder why it is not included in TFC itself.

Alloy calculator - convenient tool, however I didn't reveal it to my daughter, she still making math proportion exercises :)

Hey ciekma,

I have tried to keep this mod believable, but sometimes that is hard to achieve.

I myself understand the Tucker Bag is OP. I mean really, picking up an adult horse in a bag and putting it on your back :) The reason the tucker bag originally came about was to move wild sheep. Whenever I spawned a new TFC world, sheep were always hard to find and trying to get them back home was a real pain. I never had the same trouble with any other animal, just sheep. I hate the whole idea that ropes can break when leading animals around and they can fall into ravines and die.

So after consideration, I created the tucker bag. In my first attempt it only picked up sheep and was modelled on an old Folk Song here in Australia (Waltzing Matilda). The down side to the tucker bag is that you are only able to transport one animal at a time, unlike the ropes. The upside is that you can transport an animal in safety.

I then extended it to include the main domesticated animals (Pig, Sheep, Chicken, Horse and Cow) and then I introduced a reinforced tucker bag that would carry the adults and leave the baby animals for the original tucker bag.

After a request from some of the forums users, I finally extended it to capture the other passive animals (Bear, Pheasant, Deer and Wolf). Each of the animals can be turned on/off in the config file.

Also to balance it out, each time an animal is released, the tucker bag takes damage. So the bags do not last forever, The damage values are hard set, they are not configurable and the values can be seen in the Tucker Bag guide.

If you find the tucker bag OP and do not wish it in the game, you can always turn off the option.

Bletch

13 hours ago, Bletch said:

If you find the tucker bag OP and do not wish it in the game, you can always turn off the option.

Standard tucker bag is fine for me, reinforced tucker bag seems to be overpowered, and there is no option to disable reinforced and keep standard one.

Never mind, I can use Minetweaker to disable reinforced bag receipt.

PS. what do you think about obtaining Sylvite from hot springs water on evaporation pan? After all, Sylvite is a typical evaporite mineral.

14 hours ago, ciekma said:

PS. what do you think about obtaining Sylvite from hot springs water on evaporation pan? After all, Sylvite is a typical evaporite mineral.

The only problem is that Hot Spring Water cannot be picked up and so could not be transported to the evaporation pan. The barrel, the buckets etc do not allow pickup of How Spring Water, only Fresh and Sea Water.

I would need to create a special container that could pickup the Hot Water.

Edited by Bletch

20 hours ago, ciekma said:

Standard tucker bag is fine for me, reinforced tucker bag seems to be overpowered, and there is no option to disable reinforced and keep standard one.

Never mind, I can use Minetweaker to disable reinforced bag receipt.

1. I am creating an option to disable the reinforced tucker bag. This option will stop the crafting of the reinforced tucker bag and the Wrought Iron Buckle.

2. I am adding an evaporation recipe for Hot Spring water. It will evaporate into fertilizer (Sylvite is crushed in the Quern to make fertilizer).

As there is no current tool for picking up Hot Spring water, I am creating a Ceramic Bucket made by Knapping Fire Clay. This ceramic bucket can hold Fresh Water, Salt Water and Hot Spring Water only.

I have added an option for enable/disable the Hot Spring water evaporation. If turned off, then the ceramic bucket is also removed.

I am just finalising my testing and it should be available soon.

New version released (0.2.31) that is compatible with TFC 0.79.28.

As always, enjoy.

Thanks for update, I'm testing it right now.

If talking about bucket, I would suggest bucket (for example black steel bucket) which can pick up fresh water and convert it into vanilla water, which is necessary for some mods.

Currently it is possible only if vanilla iron bucket is enabled, and works only with salt water. But vanilla bucket break game balance (and it is weird to put salt water into steam boiler).

Hey Bletch,

Is it at all possible to allow the Acids in this mod to be placable? Pakratt was looking for a viable means to damage mobs with liquids other than lava, so we were testing out your acids. But we found that the liquids cant be placed. It might also be an idea to have the bottles work like splash damage potions?

I also understand that having the liquids placable from a wooden bucket or glass bottle would be OP. But we do have a Red Steel bucket so we could fill a barrel with Acid and then place an Acid source block that way.

I would love to hear what you think of this idea :D

My Udary Mod Spotlight is complete and available

Part - 1

Spoiler

Part 2 -

Spoiler

On 12/16/2014 at 5:52 PM, Bletch said:

NOTE: There is a config file that allows you to turn one or both of the mods on and off. They are on by default.
I have zipped the mod and user guides together for easy downloading, just unzip and put the mod file into your mod folder.

im planning on working on my own addon soon and i was curious on how you make a config file generate? that way i can set certain features to be disabled if needed.