Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Nimindil

Hello I'm new to the forum.

4 posts in this topic

Hi! i;m new, i discovered terrafirmacarft about a week ago, and now have a decent seed (plenty of wood, andesite top layer, clay, lots of fruit trees and some animals) and have played that world about two rl days, We're at the edge of the first winter and I have a breeding pair of cows, 4 pigs, a nice little farmhouse next to a lake made of wood, logs and thatch (found a way to use planks to spiderproof my thatch) a small farming area, and ive even located some sheep. I ave one dog, and it keeps attacking my cattle, so i keep it leashed indoors (can you make them sit/stay in another way? I only have one rope and need to for the sheep) I've yet to make a bed or any armor, and I cannot find any flux stone so far (I've searched quite a way now.)Really this post is just to say hello on these forums (an invaluable resource i;ve already fond, next to the wiki)My main questions so far are : how terrified must I be of winter? is there any way to find salt and or flux reliably or is it just dumb luck? I've not even found a topstone change yet, even when tree types change and biomes do change. oh and how did world generation change? because I hear people on the forum say they know how far they are from the equator, how do you know?

So hello all, sorry if I'm breaking rules... new and such.

Welcome.

Only fully familiarized dogs will sit without ropes. Which you can only get to with babies. The partly tamed wolves won't kill animals if they aren't hungry though. But yeah they are a danger. I kinda wish that they would die of old age, as I felt horrible killing one of my wild wolves (other one suffocated in jack-o-lantern.

The winter in SSP isn't too bad if you have a moderate amount of food. I tend to focus on mining and metallurgy progression during first winter.

The equator is z=0. The permanently frozen area is +/- 30000. The sweet spot people tend to settle in is about -8000 to -10000. Seasons are opposite on either side of equator.

Finding rock types is just luck and persistence. Took me a while to find rock salt although turns out salting stuff made my food far to salty for my character.

Best of Luck

Greetings!  Welcome to the board. :)

I think Bunsan pretty much covered your questions.  For me winter has never really posed a problem but I do so much exploring that first year, so in SSP I end up with so much food.  Currently living at z-7800 so the temperature does fall below 0 but not for long, downside the summers are pretty hot so food decay is much faster.

Finding rock types is just luck and persistence

This.  I think when I was exploring North looking for Douglas Fir it was easily 1200-1500 blocks before I saw a top layer rock change, but East I hit a new rock in 200 or less. 

Aye I lived through winter (febuary now) by slaughtering a wildpig... my own pigs had oodles of piglets (3 pregnant pigs all at huge litters... too many to house) so I have no idea if I can even eat all that meat when they become ready for slaughter... I expanded the farm a bit building sheds for my animals, I now have 3 sheep and a bed, 3 fields and a horse. Now to grow enough grain to familliarize them all well.Also I just settled at my spawn (literally the same pond i spawned next to) and it;s at z -10600... so just in the sweetspot? it's a rather nice spawn , I may write down the seed for others. I haven;t dared cross any oceans yet, but am exploring around, I'm right on top of plenty of iron, copper and bismouth and even found some casserite nearby. I found a bit of platinum while panning and there's gold in the hills too. and there's a few hotsprings nearby  All in all not bad, except no flux so far.Flux will be my next mission! and then a blacksmith! Ah I love this mod!

Edited by Kittychanley
We do not talk about that launcher on these forums.