Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MortisLegati

Barren Worlds?

14 posts in this topic

Where are passive mobs? Cows, sheep, chicken? Squid spawn, but only occasionally. Mobs spawn once in a blue moon (you have to walk many kilometers to even get a chance.

We're running TFcraft on our server and there's nothing in terms of creature spawns aside from creepers, spiders, zombies, and skeleton archers. Which makes it nigh impossible to get bellows.

Is it supposed to be this barren or is this just something with TFcraft making custom biomes which aren't configured to spawn passive mobs?

I have no problem with passive mobs in singleplayer. And its not supposed to for what I know.

Going to check with a new server JAR file. There was a mod installed that we kinda-uninstalled-but-not-really that might have maybe possibly created some creature spawning issues.

Still feels relatively barren, but there's actual animals spawning about 600m from people's living areas and to a much lesser extent than seen in SSP.

What are other people's feelings on passive mob spawns?

Every SSP game I've played has had gobs of animals everywhere.

Meant to imply with that last sentence "what's other people's feelings on mob spawns In SMP" Derp brain.

Apparently the previous mod made the world file evil and we've got mob spawns with a new world file.

We can't really reproduce this problem on our server but we ran the world since pre 18 or so ? So i'm not sure this helps you.

We're using the current (pre28) version, Lancezh, and there's animals akin to vanilla minecraft spawning. A certain lovable idiot decided to install a SMP version of Mo'Creatures (Something not supported by the developer of said mod) which did evil, evil things to loaded chunks and basically prevented vanilla passive mobs from spawning.

Yeah, after I installed Mo Creatures I got the same problem, can't a moder in the forums come and mod it so its comp. with TFC? :D

I've uninstalled the mod since its not 100% comp, mostly the water animals spawn but not the rest :(

Mobs don't spawn anytime except when the world is generated , its the way TFC works to ensure that overhunting and not carring about what you killed doesn't go unpunished .

mo's creatures is an atrocity of a mod, so the TFC devs wipe their hands clean off it and wont support compatability :D, also what krski said is true, mobs dont just respawn, you gotta breed if you want a populace

LOL am i the ninja of derailment ? (also it clearly says in my profile description that my intentions are being late)

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0