Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Pwnlord

Animal Cage backpack

10 posts in this topic

You've got your base up. It's beautiful; stone brick from highest tower to bedrock, armor stands lined with your previous arms, a forge room stacked high with the fruits of your mines, a kitchen stuffed with food, battlements with trees, a bountiful orchard, a fruitful farm, a tree farm that stretches as far as the game can render...

...and no chickens.

So you've got a long journey ahead of you to find them, and a lot of fighting to do to keep the skeletons from killing them at night in the meantime.

...or, you could make a cage.

Four Planks, five Sticks, arranged accordingly:

SPS

PSP

SPS

Produces a Wooden Cage you can carry on your back, with room for two Chickens, two Piglets, two Lambs, or one Calf. Lure the animal into the cage with seeds, then shift-Rightclick it to pick it up.

Also provides a means of trading animals between settlements in MP.

Would be WAY more convenient and believable than roping and leading chickens. Seriously, Chickens on a rope? I once jokingly told a player to put chickens in a barrel, but obviously a cage would be more appropriate.

Cages could be cool! Do devs already respond to this?

This idea is super cool if it's get added I will the very first person to make it

Cool idea.  It would make the animal transport aspect much more interesting

well this is bad.. this cage idea is relatively awesome for a TFC players and merit to be checked and approved hardly by he devs.

Hmm, I'm not sure how useful it might be though. I mean, seeing your suggestion, I take it to mean that the cage will be able to keep baby animals or small animals such as chickens, but not full grown cattle.

However, wild animals tend to be full grown cows and pigs, not little piglets or calves running around. To get said babies, you'll need to find the animals, feed them grain every day till the familiarity levels rise high enough, breed them, then wait for the pregnant animals to give birth, then get the babies in the cage. Rather a time-consuming task.

The only use will be pretty much be bringing chickens, or, when you get a good farm going, moving the baby animals to a new farm for whatever reasons. So unless you already have animals and a animal farm, or happen to be looking for chickens, the cage probably won't be that much of a use.

The rope, while bothersome at times, is a perfectly sound way to move animals(I mean, it's not like the undead try to eat the animals), and I'm not sure if adding a item to basically do what the rope already does but with more limitations and little benefits will add much to the game.

Well, you don't expect me to lug around full-grown animals on my BACK, do you?

This is strictly for gathering chickens-though if/when the devs add wild breeding, you can catch the babies yourself.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0