Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Brethern

Clams, and shellfish.

34 posts in this topic

As per the title I think that shellfish like clams and quahogs should be added in. They would be present in blocks underwater that requires a player to right click on the block with a stick or something to find them each block would have a chance of dropping a clam.

Ok their is an idea but what would you do with the clams? Extend your idea...

i like the clams idea but im not understanding what you are saying about how to get them, are you saying that you break blocks and they have a chance of dropping like gems? cause that does not sound very fesible to me, how about one of these suggestions instead, they are either an entity that apears under water and can not be moved only killed, or they are a block that spawn in diffrent sizes and in large clusters, they would have to have coding to allow water to occupy the same space as them, like coral from tropicraft, or have a multi surface texture, so it looks like a water block when place but has a clam texture on the inside, like a flower texture body that is inside the water block, and it can only be placed in water, like sugarcane they can not be planted without water near them only they need water or other clams surrounding them on 4 sides, also alow coding for if they spawn on walls or in clefts of a groto, they should also have a mushroom spread system so they spread under water like mushrooms spread on land only slightly more quickly with a group size max that stops them from spreading. oh and you would eat the clams and sometimes come across pearls when you open them, which could be used for aquatic enchants or be sold to villagers for high prices

Maybe there could be mussels that grow like the gems in Thaumcraft? (Starts with one, and more branch off the sides with time) Obviously the only use would be for food, but it would still be nice.

It would indeed add some interest in living near the ocean. We could grind the shells with a hammer for calcium, wich you can use for your crops. The pearls could be used in the (perhaps) enchanting future. And meat is meat :D

We need scuba gear!

Indeed, but how? Scuba gear is quite the technological thing.

Indeed, but how? Scuba gear is quite the technological thing.

Not exacly! People have been scuba diving since early years of evolution, they used things like sugar cane straws and stuff... So an idea for scuba diving kit would be a straw crafted from sugar cane that would be put in the head slot, and it would extend the time you can be under water and how fast your breath replenishes... Just an idea doe...

Not exacly! People have been scuba diving since early years of evolution, they used things like sugar cane straws and stuff... So an idea for scuba diving kit would be a straw crafted from sugar cane that would be put in the head slot, and it would extend the time you can be under water and how fast your breath replenishes... Just an idea doe...

Or make it that you can breath under water for like 3 blocks deep. So you can keep looking under water and still breath. And we reeeeaaaaally need something to mine faster under water.

Ok their is an idea but what would you do with the clams? Extend your idea...

If I had extensions to my idea I would have posted it.

i like the clams idea but im not understanding what you are saying about how to get them, are you saying that you break blocks and they have a chance of dropping like gems? cause that does not sound very fesible to me, how about one of these suggestions instead, they are either an entity that apears under water and can not be moved only killed, or they are a block that spawn in diffrent sizes and in large clusters, they would have to have coding to allow water to occupy the same space as them, like coral from tropicraft, or have a multi surface texture, so it looks like a water block when place but has a clam texture on the inside, like a flower texture body that is inside the water block, and it can only be placed in water, like sugarcane they can not be planted without water near them only they need water or other clams surrounding them on 4 sides, also alow coding for if they spawn on walls or in clefts of a groto, they should also have a mushroom spread system so they spread under water like mushrooms spread on land only slightly more quickly with a group size max that stops them from spreading. oh and you would eat the clams and sometimes come across pearls when you open them, which could be used for aquatic enchants or be sold to villagers for high prices

You right click on the blocks with a stick or clam digging tool or whatever, they would drop like seeds used to.

Pearl diver hold their breath no gear is needed.

I don't want to sound rude or out of place but when he said extend your idea, I believe he meant to elaborate on the purpose of your idea and/or go into more detail as to how it works and how it'd benefit the player, etc. etc. Stuff like that.

I don't want to sound rude or out of place but when he said extend your idea, I believe he meant to elaborate on the purpose of your idea and/or go into more detail as to how it works and how it'd benefit the player, etc. etc. Stuff like that.

The thing is I don't know how it would affect/benefit the player. All I really know is that it would provide a more logical food source for someone in a TFC world.

The thing is I don't know how it would affect/benefit the player. All I really know is that it would provide a more logical food source for someone in a TFC world.

Ok, but how would it work? The clams brake and the food source is useless... Think of a way. To frm the clams or being able to re use them... Then think how the clams would be a food souces would you have to cook them or donsomething alse to eat them? From my expierience with sea food clams arent eatable raw...

No, they haven't. SCUBA (Self-Contained Underwater Breathing Apparatus) is a very recent invention.

No, they haven't. SCUBA (Self-Contained Underwater Breathing Apparatus) is a very recent invention.

I think he was just using scuba as a broad term to mean people have been finding ways to breathe underwater, like with the sugar cane he suggested. I don't think he meant actual scuba with the full gear.

Just a brief term i used, and i didnt mean scuba diving gear but just the diving part...

Clams can be eaten raw, or used as currency ?and / or for exploitation of pearls for ornamental purposes also ..?!could be a good addition to TFC.

clamming tool could be made with 3 flint horizontally, with a stick in the bottom middle - maybe 2 sticks. it would work just like the gold pan, only it would be used on sand with water directly above it, instead of dirt in a river biome - would occasionally turn up clams the same way the bowl turns up gems - mussels being common, clams being uncommon, and quahogs being rare.

Placing a mussel in your crafting area gives you a 'small shell' and an 'uncooked shellfish'. Clams would do the same, but would give you just a 'shell' and 2 'uncooked shellfish'. When crafted, clams have a small (~5%) chance of dropping a pearl on the ground. Quahogs would yield a 'large shell', 4 'uncooked shellfish', and have a slightly higher chance of dropping a pearl (maybe 7%?). You could also craft together a wooden bowl, milk bucket, and quahog to get clam chowder, which would have the same stats as mushroom stew. Uncooked shellfish would cook to Shellfish Meat, with the same stats as Cooked Fish.

...just my 2 cents

[edit]

just realized you can't have multiple outputs for crafting lol.

So have the shells drop like the pearls, with maybe an 80-90% chance

If you think about it, a simple breathing reed could be considered SCUBA gear (long thin bamboo-like tube)(Terraria reference)

It's Self-Contained, as it is a single object

It allows someone to breathe while they are underwater

It does something, and therefore could be considered an apparatus

Not exacly! People have been scuba diving since early years of evolution, they used things like sugar cane straws and stuff...

The word you're looking for is "snorkeling."

Couldn't clams just spawn underwater like flint?

i like this idea a little better to tell the truth, only 2 diffrences, one they should spawn in groups, and if you leave one it will slowly spawn more around it like mushrooms used to do

They could but clams just like flint wouldnt be a stable supply, after a day the clams would run out and the person would have to travel to get more...

maybe they could have a 5 percent (or whatever bioxx wants) change to multiply every 2-4 days.

Also, as far as I know alot of seafood can be eaten even when raw, as long as it is fresh, that includes clams.

I've also read that clam shells where used to make buttons from, the type of buttons you fasten your clothes with.

If you think about it, a simple breathing reed could be considered SCUBA gear (long thin bamboo-like tube)(Terraria reference)

It's Self-Contained, as it is a single object

It allows someone to breathe while they are underwater

It does something, and therefore could be considered an apparatus

And a wagon is a car because it lets you get around.

No.

And a wagon is a car because it lets you get around.

Car:

• An automobile.
  • A vehicle that runs on rails, esp. a railroad car.
Automobile:

A road vehicle, typically with four wheels, powered by an internal combustion engine or electric motor and able to carry a small number of passengers

Therefore: A Wagon is not a Car