Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
CBro

Any chance of a legacy compile?

17 posts in this topic

Good day! I love the builds 14 and 15 with the changes in animal husbandry and especially the fixes and would love to use these builds on my server, so much. Unfortunately because TFC is compiled on newer forge builds it's incompatible with the 1236 build I am limited to. Typically, devs say it needs the newest build of forge and really it doesn't because it never utilizes the newest parts of the API. I love to see that you do! On that note though, and I know it's a selfish request, is there any chance I could get a compile on forge build 1236? I think I can get build 14 running on 1236 no problem but I'd love it if you could get build 15 in there. It looks as if it will be all future builds for 1.7 at this point since the whole DRM issue is the limiting factor for us.

If it's too much work or you think I am being to selfish, I totally understand! I respect what you do on a level only people like you and me know. I don't expect anything more than what you are doing now and appreciate all of it! We ALL appreciate all of it. Thanks for the time and consideration, again don't feel obligated, or bad when you say no, I promise I don't hold grudges ;)

~CBro

Server

Why exactly are you limited to build 1236? Any mod that is written with 1236 should still work just fine with the latest version of forge.

Also, 1272 made a tiny change in the code that has a huge impact on world generation performance.

It's more of an issue with Cauldron and the halt to bukkit builds not having a 1272 version. I'd LOOOOOOOVVVVVVEEEE to avoid bukkit, more than you know, unfortunately the utilities are very limiting when it comes to mods :( I've never had an issue with world generation, then again, I pre-generate my worlds before opening them up. ;)

I know it's a selfish request, and like I said I understand if you'd rather not. Either way thanks a bunch for the reply!

A legacy build really isn't possible. I have to ask, but have you actually tried running build 15 using 1236? Is there some specific error that makes it crash or something?

A legacy build really isn't possible. I have to ask, but have you actually tried running build 15 using 1236? Is there some specific error that makes it crash or something?

I figured as much and it's no problem. Yeah we did load build 15, there is an error upon rendering. Unfortunately the server loads the world just fine but when a client tried to load into the world it completely crashes both ends. I did finally get a SP world up (just now realizing without bukkit at all, but in pure forge 1236) and it was me floating in a void world with sparse random glowstone blocks and tiny lakes which I assume was hotsprings flowing into the void, nothing more. :(

Are you sure that you installed it correctly? I just loaded .15 using forge 1236 in a brand new single player world and everything looks fine. The only time that you would have render issues is if an outdated version of Optifine is also installed. With just forge and TFC, and nothing else, I'm having no issues. It sounds a lot more like you tried to load a TFC world without TFC installed, so only the vanilla blocks were left. Also note that Bukkit is not compatible with forge mods. You cannot have a bukkit server with forge mods unless you use a crossover API like cauldron.

Edit: You said that both the clients and the servers crashed? Could you please provide the crash logs for both? A pretty standard policy in the modding community in regards to crashes is "logs or it didn't happen"

Are you sure that you installed it correctly? I just loaded .15 using forge 1236 in a brand new single player world and everything looks fine. The only time that you would have render issues is if an outdated version of Optifine is also installed. With just forge and TFC, and nothing else, I'm having no issues. It sounds a lot more like you tried to load a TFC world without TFC installed, so only the vanilla blocks were left. Also note that Bukkit is not compatible with forge mods. You cannot have a bukkit server with forge mods unless you use a crossover API like cauldron.

Edit: You said that both the clients and the servers crashed? Could you please provide the crash logs for both? A pretty standard policy in the modding community in regards to crashes is "logs or it didn't happen"

Indeed, I have cauldron on my server, but in SP only forge loads. I was in a rush before further testing since I was a day behind updating the server. Definitely no optifine installed. I agree, it felt like vanilla and I got lucky even loading the world. I'll probably try again in the near future to confirm, it was just odd to me that the server loaded it just fine but the exact same build client side caused issues and as soon as I reverted back to the previous build (13), it worked great again. I'm sure I deleted the crash reports at this point in time but I'll give my archives a quick look to see if I have any left ( look through hundreds a day, hence not having them readily available[trust me I understand the no crash log no fix frustration]) with that issue. otherwise I'll keep you updated with my testing when trying to update to 15 again. Thank you again for your time! It's much appreciated.

I am using Cauldron version CauldronInstallerPatch-1.1236.05.212 and aside from some minor bugs we have no major issues. We use a lot of bukkit plugins and of course forge mods as TFC. We use Essentials and Towny, also World Border and groupmanager. We also have prizm and Dynmap. If you need help post a list of the files you are using I may be able to give some advice.

I am using Cauldron version CauldronInstallerPatch-1.1236.05.212 and aside from some minor bugs we have no major issues. We use a lot of bukkit plugins and of course forge mods as TFC. We use Essentials and Towny, also World Border and groupmanager. We also have prizm and Dynmap. If you need help post a list of the files you are using I may be able to give some advice.

Great, thanks for affirming it works, you are using this with build 15 I assume too right?

Yes 0.79.15 do u have the last update for cauldron? they stop updating, and u cant even download from then anymore. But my server is working fine, no major bugs.

Yes 0.79.15 do u have the last update for cauldron? they stop updating, and u cant even download from then anymore. But my server is working fine, no major bugs.

If by latest update you mean 1236, then yes, I am running that. All my 1.7 servers are running on the 1236 just fine. I'll probably give it a shot again when I'm not in a rush to get it back up so soon.

Yes forge 1236. CauldronInstallerPatch-1.1236.05.212 that's the last version I could get.

Uh.. you have a lot of mods installed there, are you sure that TFC is the one that's causing the problem? If you remove everything but TFC, forge and cauldron, does the issue still persist?

Edit: The stack trace in the console log image shows the problem is with HQM, not with TFC.

I would agree with that, except that the only thing I change is putting build 15 in there and it doesn't work. I did that this morning and immediately put back build 13 and had absoutely zero issues again. I am working on optimizing HQM as it is causing a bit of an issue server side, but it runs just fine with build 13.

If you use build 15, but remove HQM, does it work? It's possible that between 13 and 15 something changed that broke one of your HQM quests, causing your crash. For example, maybe one of your quests were giving out Hemp seeds as a reward, which were completely useless, crashed the game when trying to be planted, and were removed from the game in build 14?

That's a good thought, I'll double check all the rewards vs build 15 and update here with the findings. Thanks again! :)