Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Bunsan

Added Compatibility for Pro pick (build 80+)

3 posts in this topic

First off this suggestion is intended for build 80+. I have a very basic understanding of the 1.7.10 code and very little concept how the new 1.8 code works.

I've been working on expanding TFC using other mods. Mostly because I enjoy making modpacks, it entertains me. One of the issues is getting other ores into the worldgen. I really like how TFC does its Worldgen. This means using the TFCOre.cfg, which I've had some success with, or Custom Ore Generation, that has given me more issues than it has solved. Either route presents the same problem, how do players find the ore/mineral veins.

So I'm wondering if with a few tweaks it would be possible to have ores entered in the TFCOre.cfg detectable with the prospecting pick. I have looked at the current code and I have a vague understanding of how it could work, but I'm likely wrong.

I can see that there is a "if ore1 than stuff, if ore 2 than stuff and if ore3 than stuff" in the prospecting pick code. I'm wondering if it is possible to generate a list of spawned ores using the config file and then query this instead.

I also wonder if it is possible to use config to determine the name of the spawned ores. So the string variable that contains the name gets it from the config file. This would necessitate the addition of another field to delineate that the ore is surface so that the prospecting pick didn't output "Very Large sample of Tetrahedrite Surface" I haven't learned how localizations work, so this may not be possible. I suggest this because useless and unspawned (selenite, microcline, etc.) ores/minerals could be repurposed to increase compatibility.

Like I said I'm not a Java programmer so I don't know how possible this is.

I'm in class right now, so this is going to be an incomplete response, just wanted to quick point one thing out.

Resource packs include language files. So you can create a custom en_US file and edit the ore names to be whatever you want them to be. Simply include the resource pack with your mod pack, and the names showing up in game will be changed for everyone using the pack.

Ah. For some reason I thought that wouldn't effect the propicking output, which doesn't make sense. That will make my current project easier. Cheers.