Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Bunsan

Help for those Adding Ores with TFCOres.cfg

4 posts in this topic

This is a bit of information to help you troubleshoot problems with adding other mod's blocks into worldgen with TFCOre.cfg. It may be very context and system dependent, but this is what I've learned on my system, which is a iMac running fully updated OS X, Java 1.7.0u71

So I've been bashing my head against this again, which was frustrating considering that I had solved it before. Basically I would crash with a

Description: Exception in server tick loop

java.lang.NullPointerException: Exception in server tick loop
at net.minecraft.world.chunk.storage.ExtendedBlockStorage.func_150818_a(SourceFile:57)
at net.minecraft.world.chunk.Chunk.func_150807_a(Chunk.java:595)
at net.minecraft.world.World.func_147465_d(World.java:451)

Long story short what I discovered is that the order that mods load matters. Because TFC starts with [1.7.10] for it's jar it is listed at top of alphabetical list and would go through pre-initilization, initialization and post-initialization stages before the mod (PFAA) who's blocks I was generating with the TFCOre.cfg. This resulted in the crash. If I dropped the [1.7.10] from TFC such that it was after the mod in alphabetical list everything worked as it should.  I sorted that out previously, but recently despite this I started getting the crash again. Turns out add-ons, at least the Decorations add-on (who's jar not only starts with [1.7.10] but even without this would appear before PFAA in my alphabetical list) also needed to be loaded after the mod whose blocks you are adding.

Now I will say this may be context dependent or a Mac/Unix issue. I have encountered a problem in past that was unique to Mac/Unix Java, in which it mattered if the mod started with a lower or upper case letter for the order they loaded and hence effected the detection of dependencies. I've not extensively tested adding blocks from lots of different mods, so I would only suggest taking these steps if you are having issue of the ores not spawning or crashes.

Hope this helps a bit.

In the next hotfix, the crash report will display the name of the ore entry that caused the crash, so hopefully that will help as well.

Personally, I think something similar to this should be implemented, especially with the whole load order problem and the fact that you cannot prospect for ores added in the config

Yeah I added 2 suggestions that were influenced partly by your idea.