Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
hiimmix

Progressing and black bronze

3 posts in this topic

It's my first playthrough of the mod and I finally found a tetrahedrite deposit after hours of walking (finally able to progress!). I've just made myself a crucible with some graphite and koalinite I found on my trips and figured out how it works. However, mining takes a lot (I've been mining with tin bronze pickaxes, 5 blocks distance between support beams) of time and resources so I was wondering if you got any tips for mining (I feel I'm not being efficient, at all).I have some silver nugs and gold which I could use to make black bronze (which looks awesome by the way) but I'm not sure, are the black bronze tools better than bismuth/tin bronze ones? I also have some rose gold which I made thinking I could use it, I have no idea what it does.

I'm in early winter right now, and luckily have a lot of fresh food even though I hadn't found any fruit trees to be able to experience with the barrels (although I made myself some leather stuff, adept at butchering baby). I suppose my next goal would be to exhaust the area I found tetrahedrite in and try to make a copper anvil, on which I'll make a bronze anvil (again, which bronze is easiest to make this out of?), on which I'll make a.. bloomery? I have no idea how the anvils work to be honest and the wiki isn't telling me much (or I'm just really dumb).

Is this the right way to progress? I have lots of magnetite and limonite that I can't touch, so I assume this is the only logical thing to do right now. What's your favorite way to progress?

Also general noob questions thread. This is my working area. I made my "house" in a boulder.

If you haven't already read this guide:

http://wiki.terrafirmacraft.com/Metalworking_Industry

Essentially, all metals within a tier are about the same. So one bronze might have a little bit more durability than another bronze, but it's not enough to actually notice. The "best" bronze to use for tools, anvils, etc, is the one you have the materials to make.

http://wiki.terrafirmacraft.com/Rose_Gold

The only thing you can use rose gold for is an anvil (equivalent of bronze anvil), for sheets (decorative), or for when you get to red steel.

http://wiki.terrafirmacraft.com/Anvil#Tiers

Anvils have a tier system. If you want to make tier 1 tools, you must first make a tier 1 anvil. If you want to make tier 3 tools (wrought iron) you must first make a wrought iron anvil.

Wow, z = -13,400 is a very cold place! You wont find fruit trees here. You have to go south a few 1000 blocks.

Just make one of the bronze alloys you have most ores of (though all need copper). Upgrade to a bloomery to make wrought iron when you're feeling comfortable.

I'm at the wrought iron stage for a long time now. I might go to steel eventually but there is no real incentive. One playthrough i went all the way to blue/red steel for personal achievement. It was a massive timesink with little reward in single player, so i'm not inclined to do it again.