Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NikkyD

Is it possible to change WorldGen so that hills have smooth slopes ?

9 posts in this topic

Just a question,

as there are the detailed blocks and ofc there have always been stairs, shouldnt it be possible to change the world generation so that hills no longer have this terrace look ?

I dont mind so much in rocky terrain (real mountains) but with dirt, esp in TFC as dirt drops down if there is more height difference than 2.

If there was a dirt-stairs-block whenever the terrain goes up or down, dirt landscapes (sand as well!) would look 10 times better.

Is it possible ?

If yes, is it hard to do (time vs benefit consideration) ?

Would it lag more ?

Changing the render like the mod suggested would give you the look you may like, but it likely will be very heavy, especially since it says you need to run shaders to fix lighting.

To modify the generation, not possible. You'd have to basically rewrite MC to not be voxel based. The code required to do what you propose would be insane and the latency would be unplayable even on the most insane computer. I've played around with retrogen where it needs to find and replace certain blocks in a set area and it quickly crashed a very very beefy server. Your proposal would require every block be queried to determine if and how it should change. Then after that you'd need to render it.

Diggidy dang batman! That mod sounds awesome and looks awesome. Have to try it, i can take the fps drop.

Doesn't seem to work with TFC... oh fgs just look at this (started new normal world, you can't really walk like it looks but... IT LOOKS AWESOME)

Posted Image

It does look freaking awesome. Did you guys manage to make No Cubes mod work on TFC? I'm failing at it badly. It doesn't even start. It's in the mods folder, but it doesn't react at all.And the really awesome thing with this is that it forces you to terraform so you can move faster. Exploration means more effort on players part and seeds, rocks sticks aren't always easily visible. Can anyone help me out on installing this with TFC?

Cannot be done. Anyway, i did not find this mod playable at all. Impossible to mine as the terrain gets morphed all the time.

It's much harder to mine and move. Something close to realistic right? Much more than flat terrain and tunnellable mashed potato mountains. :)

It's much harder to mine and move. Something close to realistic right? Much more than flat terrain and tunnellable mashed potato mountains. :)

That's not really what i mean. Did you try the mod in vanilla MC? The curved terrain and wormhole tunnels in the mountains look appealing but behind the morphed terrain, there still exists the blocky nature of minecraft. Therefore, it's tedious and confusing to mine. For example, you see some ore, but when you think you mine it, you are actually mining the adjacent blocks. 

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0