Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Deez

More Weapons

25 posts in this topic

Lance please! Something that would have extended range at least, even if it incurred a penalty of something like slower movement.

The multi-purpose Halberd will always be my favorite though.

Lance please! Something that would have extended range at least, even if it incurred a penalty of something like slower movement.

The multi-purpose Halberd will always be my favorite though.

There is a lance in the second pic. :P

Double axe is my fav!

Prepare to die creeper scum! :angry:

Posted Image

I'd like to see more weapon blueprints for these ^.

Also these; http://i5.photobucke...3rd_weapons.jpg

The Urgosh is my fav <3

That is a lot of weapons! It would be nice to see more weapons in TFC or just vanilla minecraft... But i think their is allready a post about more weapons or something like that!

Edit: Yeah their is a post about Balkons Weapon Mod Addon for TFC...

Two-bladed sword :rolleyes:

Double bladed sword would be amazing!

Sling would be a fantastic addition as a starter ranged weapon before we can make bows :D

P.S. Is that a scan out of one of the newer D&D manuals (4th and/or beyond)? It seems extremely familiar.

i admit that double weapons would be cool, but they would also be practialy pointless as to use both blades bioxx and his team would have to code special animations so that either the blade is swung back and forth or could be used to stab both forward and back, not the hardest to code but it would definaetly conflict with a mod like mine little pony and smart moving. however this mod could very well implement the other weapons, although to get a realalistic feel out of two handed swords they should use a constant bow draw back animation so both hands are on the weapon. so unless the team for tfcraft and the maker of mine little pony and smart moving mod get together the three are almost certainly not going to work together, the smart moving mod and minelittlepony mods both look mostly complete so this might not be as unlikely as with other mods that are still under heavy developement and the two teams would most likely not find a time that both are free to work together. but mlp and sm are actulay feesable.

now onto the positive part of my comment. love the idea, warhammers, sythes, kamas/sickles, falchion and scimitar, love them all, i do not think that all these diffrent weapons will be added but i do believe that quite a few should. and if you look at my comment on the magma forge suggestion, i say that ultra powerful but heavy weapons and armour colud be made by using an ultra powerful forge/bloomery/anvil combo that not can only be used to forge ultra powerful weapons and armour for a net ore loss in comparision to the lesser versions, thus balancing it, so most of the items needed could be made at a magma forge and then crafted together to make the super powered heavy versions i see in these images, so you make a regular flail with a regular anvil and you make a heavy anvil with a magma forge, and for 3 times the ore or ingots/unshaped metal you get double the power and double the uses. i did not start the magma forge idea but i did come up with a fesible way to build and use the MF, so be sure to check it out and give both these guys the support they deserver for comming up with such awsome ideas for us to debate and build upon

Sling would be a fantastic addition as a starter ranged weapon before we can make bows :D

P.S. Is that a scan out of one of the newer D&D manuals (4th and/or beyond)? It seems extremely familiar.

>4e

*twitch* ...

i admit that double weapons would be cool, but they would also be practialy pointless as to use both blades bioxx and his team would have to code special animations so that either the blade is swung back and forth or could be used to stab both forward and back, not the hardest to code but it would definaetly conflict with a mod like mine little pony and smart moving. however this mod could very well implement the other weapons, although to get a realalistic feel out of two handed swords they should use a constant bow draw back animation so both hands are on the weapon. so unless the team for tfcraft and the maker of mine little pony and smart moving mod get together the three are almost certainly not going to work together, the smart moving mod and minelittlepony mods both look mostly complete so this might not be as unlikely as with other mods that are still under heavy developement and the two teams would most likely not find a time that both are free to work together. but mlp and sm are actulay feesable.

now onto the positive part of my comment. love the idea, warhammers, sythes, kamas/sickles, falchion and scimitar, love them all, i do not think that all these diffrent weapons will be added but i do believe that quite a few should. and if you look at my comment on the magma forge suggestion, i say that ultra powerful but heavy weapons and armour colud be made by using an ultra powerful forge/bloomery/anvil combo that not can only be used to forge ultra powerful weapons and armour for a net ore loss in comparision to the lesser versions, thus balancing it, so most of the items needed could be made at a magma forge and then crafted together to make the super powered heavy versions i see in these images, so you make a regular flail with a regular anvil and you make a heavy anvil with a magma forge, and for 3 times the ore or ingots/unshaped metal you get double the power and double the uses. i did not start the magma forge idea but i did come up with a fesible way to build and use the MF, so be sure to check it out and give both these guys the support they deserver for comming up with such awsome ideas for us to debate and build upon

ULTRA POWERFUL!@

Here's a concept. How about the difference in the different weapons is strictly visual? It would make the game much more visually appealing because they would be balanced out so not everyone goes for just 1 type of sword and thus the visual appeal is lost because everyone has the same thing.

If Bioxx doesn't mind, I will say now I have no problems with designing more sprites and textures.

Here's a concept. How about the difference in the different weapons is strictly visual? It would make the game much more visually appealing because they would be balanced out so not everyone goes for just 1 type of sword and thus the visual appeal is lost because everyone has the same thing.

If Bioxx doesn't mind, I will say now I have no problems with designing more sprites and textures.

Thats pretty much what I wanted anyways.

i can see how making most weapons be pretty much the same in every way except texture, but i think that a few should have defining characteristics, like some would deal less damage but you can swig them slightly faster, or have longer reach at the cost of knock back, it merely causes the mob to stop for half a second rather then get knocked back, some would be slower but do more damage, maybe evern some could have weapons specific enchants, like a mace or flail could use an earth shatter power that when swung causes an area effect damage but takes time to charge or make the weapon slower. what ever the decision, i am fine with most of the weapons being the same, but i would like to see atleast a few being a little special, balanced so they aren't "better" then any other weapon, just special for more character customization.

I'm kind of on the fence about whether I want to see just more sprites, or more varied qualities. At the very least new sprites would be awesome, but if varied qualities come into play it becomes a balancing game. Cost of creation, special abilities, and damage done would all have to be carefully calculated to make sure there aren't one or two weapons that reign supreme.

Like in the Balkon's weapon mod (I think that was the name), there was my favorite weapon, the halberd. You could switch how you were using it to either do more damage and less knockback (stabbing/piercing), or less damage and more knockback (axeblade side). It made that weapon perfect for any melee situation. Granted, that is why I like the halberd in the first place, but I soon realized I didn't even pay attention to all the other weapons that were added when it came to melee.

It could take a lot of work to balance out all the different weapons, so I guess I'll have to side with the just more sprites side to begin with. The varied uses and attempting to balance would have to come after most everything else in the mod was set I think.

what about just making some weapons slightly more or less effective against some mobs?

Bludgeons powder bones and squash bugs, but decayed or primed flesh softens the blows. Whereas a good bladed edge can slice through meaty mobs, but passes right through open ribcages and blaze rod spaces (once we can go to hell again).

Maybe have some reach weapons that can hit from further away but do barely any damage?

A slingshot would be well within the realm of feasability, and ammunition could be crafted by combining a pick and a piece of cobblestone on the crafting grid.

Sure, damage would be low, but it could have a very fast draw time and quick refire rate.

I want every single one of those weapons, and I want them all to have different reach, damage, damage type and swing speed.

I know it probably isn't feasible, but it'd be so AWESOME!!!!!

Edit: Don't forget shields too!!!

I want every single one of those weapons, and I want them all to have different reach, damage, damage type and swing speed.

SHIELDS. Screw weapons. Just let me strap a shield to each arm. I'll smash mobs to death.

SHIELDS. Screw weapons. Just let me strap a shield to each arm. I'll smash mobs to death.

Wait till Jeb comes out with dual wielding. It'll make shields much easier on bioxx

Oddly first thing that came to mind when I realized Gravel was gone and the only source for Arrows and Javalins was hunting for steadily more sparce Flint was a sling and then Stone tipped Arrows and Javalins.

Because natives in America were using them right up untill we brought in guns, and even then into the 1800's still (Hell they still do in Africa)

Flint and Obsidian were generally reserved for knifes because it had an insanely shape edge but it broke easily (They still use Obsidian bladed for some surgical tools now days as metal can't hold such a fine blade)

But I wouldn't mind seeing a variety of different weapons but they would need some balancing.. Like said earlier I love using the Balkon's Pike, but it still attacked too fast considering they were made for knocking heavily armored knights off horses.

I'd like more mobs before more weapons. If anything I can just use Balkons weapon mod (which works to an extent with the wooden weapons) and get this stuff.

ooh! sheilds open up a whole new system of combat. by adding the ability to block enemy attacks, we can increase the damage that mobs do so that blocking, even with a sword or other weapon is necessary for fighting so that people stop the whole "spam click the attack button untill the bad thing is dead"

sheilds could be made of straight wood and reinforced with bands of metal, or made from straight metal

just having the sheild adds armor rating, but you could raise your sheild to block blows with a key or mouse button and completely stop damage at a cost of durability of the sheild or we could add a "block bar" that only appears when the sheild is up and drains while you have it raised and gets decreased by more when you succesfully block

heavier sheilds could drain the bar faster just by holding, but not take as much off when you block an attack

also, the use of a sheild would prevent the use of all the weapons that require two hands to use as it could go in a "arm" slot on a equipment gui that would have not only armor, but your clothing(for cold or warm weather) accesories like neclaces, capes, and the like, and have weapon slots

also for the armor gloves/gauntlets(depending on the material) would be a peice of armor for the sets and could maybe give a damage bonus to barehanded attacks?

I'd just really like the idea of having a bit more weapon variety:

Estoque [Colloquially named the Jousting Sword, its blade is triangular, and forms a very fine point, and interestingly enough, two-handed, a trusted jouster's/lancer's weapon]

Foil

Claymore

Hunting Knife [small, sharp, probably for cleaning kills, or fast cinch kills]