Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
spendabuck

Mods that Compliment TerraFirmaCraft

20 posts in this topic

I have searched for a good 1.7.10 TFC modpack for a while. However, I haven't been able to find a perfect one - most, like TechnoFirma or TerraFirmaTech, have too much tech, while others, like TerraFirmaPunk, are good but have other themes (in the case of TFP, steampunk). I am wanting a mod pack based on TerraFirmaCraft, but with some other content mods. Thus, I have decided to begin making my own TFC modpack, and I am currently looking for some good mods. Here are some mods that I think would work well so far:

TerraFirmaCraftThis one is as obvious as a bad plot twist :P .

MineTweaker 3This is mainly so I can create (well, probably ask someone else to create) custom recipes for other mods to fit TFC.

Carpenter's BlocksI honestly believe that Carpenter's Blocks are amazing, and combined with the chisel from TFC, the possibilities are endless.

NEI w/ Waila & WawlaThese mods are so I can discover what everything is with ease.

Smart MovingAs most TFC players know, TFC & Smart Moving are a match made in heaven. The only problem with this is that I have had problems installing Smart Moving in the past so I'm not sure if I'll be able to install it.

Infernal MobsDespite some people believe that Infernal Mobs is OP, I personally believe that it is a fun challenge compared to regular mobs.

BiblioCraftI honestly really like furniture mods in Minecraft, and since Mr. Crayfish's Furniture doesn't really fit TFC's theme IMO, Bibliocraft was a good replacement; besides, who doesn't want fancy armor stands & bookshelves :P ?

JourneyMapSince Zan's Minimap is a bit overpowered in TFC, I believe that Journey Map is a good replacement.

RuinsI believe that if I can make some good custom ruins that fit TFC, the Ruins mod would allow for exploration to be more exciting.

Mo' CreaturesWhile I'm not certain about adding this mod into my modpack, it's one of the few good mob mods that fit TFC; all I would have to do is change the healths of the mobs.

Twilight ForestDespite you cannot go to other dimensions in TFC, I believe that with the Ruins mod I could make some interesting dungeons with mobs from TF.

BackpacksI'm pretty sure that a while back there was a compatibility mod between Backpacks & TFC, but I'm not sure if it has updated since 1.2 or something. However, I may be able to use MT3 to make a new TFC friendly recipe for backpacks.

Weather & Tornadoes 2This mod mainly adds realistic clouds & wind, though it also adds in tornadoes, which could be interesting in the game.

Better FoliageThis mod is mainly aesthetic as well, but it looks good in TFC worlds (plus you can hide in the leaves better).

EnviroMineDespite many elements from EnviroMine are already in TFC (thirst, block physics, etc.), there are also a few elements that aren't in TFC like temperature, sanity & oxygen levels.

So those are the mods I have in mind right now, but I'm still open to suggestions. :)

Infernal Mobs, Mo' Creatures, and the mobs from Twilight Forest won't work with TFC unless you can find some way to change their health so that they don't have their default values, which is low enough for you two essentially 2-hit them with just your fist in TFC. As far as I know, there is no way out there currently to change the health of a mob without actually editing and recompiling the mod yourself.

Weather & Tornadoes 2 works for the most part with TFC, but you'll have to disable anything in that mod that alters snow, since TFC has it's own snow system that isn't compatible.

EnviroMine will crash on load when combined with TFC, because it is not compatible with TFC's custom damage and armor system.

Me, personally, would ditch smart moving and get the ships mod by cuchaz(I would get both, but they are sadly incompatible, so...)

While I do love smart moving with TFC and has been using them together for longer then I can remember, In my opinion, it makes travel too easy.

While undeniably handy, I'm not sure if being able to climb over entire mountains and easily swimming across oceans makes for good gameplay.

Smart moving tempts me to just climb, swim, jump, and otherwise maneuver across the terrain just by myself without boating across bodies of water or making a path through that mountain. 

Since the only thing Smart moving really helps me with is hilly, mountains terrain, large bodies of water, and sometimes sneaking in people's houses(though smart moving can be a bit... weird when trying to do different moves to different blocks), getting a nice ship mod and building paths through mountains I think is better.

Though, bigger mountains would help a lot in the way of being able to build paths on them. Right now, mountains seem a bit like very small, tall, and narrow cliffs, and is easier to tunnel through(provided you have picks and support beams) then make a path over.

Thanks for your input so far everybody! 

Kittychanley - I will make sure that I change the mob health; I believe that TFC mobs have around 10x as much health compared to their vanilla counterparts. I didn't know that about EnviroMine - thanks for the information though. ;)

AllenWL - Thank you for your suggestion. Again, for some reason, I can't get Smart Moving to work; I believe that the Ships mod will be great. Just to be clear, you are talking about Archimedes' Ships, right?

Did you extract the forge version of the mod out of the zip that you downloaded? Smart Moving is weird, and the file you download has a bunch of different versions of the mod inside. You  need to take one of them out and put that in your mods folder.

I will make sure that I change the mob health;

If you figure out how to do this, as well as how to change how much damage the mob deals, could you please post the steps here? One of the most common compatibility complaints is about the health system, because pretty much nobody (myself included) knows how to change the health and damage dealt by mobs from other mods.

Infernal mobs lets you change the HP and base damage of there modified version of all mobs. Using the config you can modify only the mobs you want: have them randomly or always infernal, control their base damage output, traits, loot drop and I think exp drop.

Infernal mobs lets you change the HP and base damage of there modified version of all mobs. Using the config you can modify only the mobs you want: have them randomly or always infernal, control their base damage output, traits, loot drop and I think exp drop.

I'm looking through the config file, and I don't see anything about specifying for specific mods or mobs... so wouldn't you using the mobHealthFactor also scale up the health of TFC mobs?

Ah... Not at my computer to check, I am probably misremembered and it is global health. I will have to check. However it is only effecting mobs that are of the infernal variety. I set TFC mobs to never be infernal. I know the config changes as it detects new mob varieties and it may generate new config options after you've set the initial ones. I'll check if I have time, but as I'm about to do a temp relocation halfway across Canada tomorrow I may not have time.

Alright yeah, after running the game again and using some spawn eggs to spawn some of TFC's mobs in, they do appear in the config file. However, there still is only the options for the base health value, I don't see anything to individually edit how much damage they do.

Enviromine works, to an extent. It's temperature system completely ignores TFC's (I asked if they would add compatibility, they said no). Air quality works, just make sure to add the TFC blocks to the config and edit them accordingly. Sanity is troublesome, but it could be configured to work. Note I have not tested the armor system, I have almost everything disabled except for air quality and physics

Mo'creatures is extremely off with TFC. Not only does health/damage need to be tweaked, but the mobs will spawn everywhere due to TFC using only a handful of biomes and assigning temperature values to them (ie, desert creatures in places that never get above zero). Also, if you plan to release this pack to the public, you will not be able to distribute Mo' creatures, I had a lot of trouble with this in my own pack, not many things that can be done though to fix this. Another option is Project Zulu, but it also has the same mob spawning issues.

The Config option for damage is down near the bottom, it may not do quite what I thought it did, as it is max, so not sure what min would be. The config is D:maxOneShotDamage= and I found this, which I believe is the corresponding code.

maxDamage =                config.get(Configuration.CATEGORY_GENERAL, "maxOneShotDamage", 10d,                        "highest amount of damage an Infernal Mob or reflecting Mod will do in a single strike").getDouble(10d);        config.save();
Beyond the entitybasehealth which you can set for each entity. There is also the S:mobHealthFactor=

modHealthFactor =                config.get(Configuration.CATEGORY_GENERAL, "mobHealthFactor", "1.0", "Multiplier applied ontop of all of the modified Mobs health")                        .getDouble(1.0D);
I'm not sure if this is all mobs or just infernal or what.

Also if the anti mob farm options are working you'd want to adjust D:mobFarmDamageThreshold= to a level appropriate to TFC damage. The value you specify is the damage inflicted per chunk in the interval you specify that is required to trigger the anti mob farm feature.

I like the Schematica mod, it works with anything.

Here is a list of all the mods i use for my TFC ssp games to make it as realistic as i can and to also add more things to do:

~ Advanced Genetics (for something to do alongside TFC that makes you feel like your tech is evolving naturally)

~ Archimedes Ships

~ Better Foliage

~ BiblioCraft (put this in your scripts folder Bibliocraft-TFC_recipes_v1.0.zipto make it compatible with TFC woods)

~ Carpenter Blocks

~ Craft Guide (this i feel is a necessity type mod)

~ Craft Heraldry

~ FastCraft

~ Gliby's Voice Chat (you can chat using mic's and stuff, and can only hear them if you are within 50 blocks)

~ GLSL Shaders (i used SEUS)

~ Journey Map

~ Leather Water Sac

~ Mine Tweaker 3

~ Mo' Bends (no core mod or api's needed with this)

~ Not Enough Items (recipe mode is used in conjunction with craft guide to be able to see almost every possiple crafting recipe)

~ Optifine

~ ProjectRed (for my love of redstone builds. :P)

~ Railcraft (makes excellent use of the lead obtained from galena)

~ Sim-U-Kraft Reloaded (so there are other "people" to interact with in my growing towns. :P )

~ Decorations TFC Addon

~ Merchants TFC Addon

~ Weather 2

~ Wireless Redstone - Chickenbones Edition

yes i know this is a bit much, but i get bored easily on ssp. lol. the main reason i lag so much with these is the better foliage, weather 2, mo' bends, and shaders mods. and the reason for THAT is my pc was designed for win xp and it has win 7 as well as it is rocking a single core cpu with only 2 GB of ram. lol. it is more or less a giant paperweight. lol

(oh and it might be prudent to point out that sim-u-kraft reloaded uses vanilla blocks for the builds the sim make as well as for the special mod specific items. so either use a mod that bridges that gap or tweak your configs a bit to use the vanilla stone recipes at the least.)

Whoa, Mo Creatures works with TFC??Then again, it has been working with Biomes o Plenty, without my usual tinkering and downloading config files from other users...  Just like that.I am also a huge fan of Smart Moving, and I think you can use the config to make Smart Moving more of a game feature and less of a cheat.  But I did also hear that compatibility can be an issue at times.  Although, some mods that have been reported as an issue with Smart Moving, turns out, it doesn't, or no longer has it, like with Mine & Gear 2.Ah, that's another mod I think I'm liking is Mine & Gear 2, although, I'm not sure how well it works with TFC.  Last time I got a crash trying to use it with TFC I think, last I remember had something to do with the gui.  I can post a crash report if you guys are interested.

Also, is it Zan's Minimap or Voxelmap?  In any case, the one that lets you set waypoints, etc.I would love the features of this mod, I never tried it myself, so any of these points are probably already in the mod itself, just that:-waypoints are not gigantic light beams to see off in the distance, just little tiny ones like in dragon age inquisition if anybody's played that.-This map only starts functioning once you made your own map, and the range of it only extends as far as how much you built your map-Enable the admin to disable or enable some of the features, like teleporting or coordinates.Like I said, any of these could already be part of the mod itself, but if they aren't, I'd totally like these features made for a game like tfc so as to not make the mod too op, but instead, extending the features of the map.

AllenWL - Thank you for your suggestion. Again, for some reason, I can't get Smart Moving to work; I believe that the Ships mod will be great. Just to be clear, you are talking about Archimedes' Ships, right?

Actually, no, I'm talking about the Ship mod(that's it's name. Literally), made by Cuchaz. In my opinion it's loads better then Archimedes' ships, which while nice, is very limited in what you can do while the ship is in motion.

Actually, no, I'm talking about the Ship mod(that's it's name. Literally), made by Cuchaz. In my opinion it's loads better then Archimedes' ships, which while nice, is very limited in what you can do while the ship is in motion.

That's a shame it's not working with the ship mod.  My appeal with Smart Moving is that, for one, difficulty of the mod can be set, and two, reminds me of older, pc games like daggerfall, where ironic enough, an old rpg game allows you to climb walls.In any case, does the game just crash when you try to load up both at the same time?  Or is there just strange behavior?The RenderPlayerAPI makes for compatibility doesn't it?  Even then, it also comes with an extended version of itself, for even more compatibility.

In regards to the discussion about modifying HP, damage inflicted etc of mod mobs. The mod Mob Properties by Father Toast looks like a good bet to do this. I haven't poked it in great detail yet, but from what I'm seeing it should be able to modify these properties and more. The downside is that it requires you to use JSON format to edit these properties, which I'm trying to learn and the reason why I haven't poked it in depth yet.