Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
delvr

[TFC 0.79.23+] Streams - Real Flowing Rivers

122 posts in this topic

I've built a the TechNodefirmacraft modpack which will soon be available as a semi-public pack on the ATLauncher. Can I include this as an option in my pack and can I redistribute your mods via the ATLauncher servers or would you prefer me to have it be a manual download via your links. Both are fine with me, the automatic download is just more convenient for the downloaders.

I did catch fish in a flowing stream the other day. It's just the little fish items though - do you mean fish mobs?

Yeah like maybe a new mob like salmon? it will try to swim up rivers and can only be found in spring or whenever

Why not adding a new feature to create water ponds and small lakes on plateaus and mountains? that will encourage players to settle in those places which now are far from water sources

PS what shaders were you using in the second picture? i'm modified my SEUS shaders file to have your water blocks reflecting environment, but now i can't see the flowing stream details

Why not adding a new feature to create water ponds and small lakes on plateaus and mountains? that will encourage players to settle in those places which now are far from water sources PS what shaders were you using in the second picture? i'm modified my SEUS shaders file to have your water blocks reflecting environment, but now i can't see the flowing stream details

Alpine lakes are indeed planned, as part of a generator rewrite I'm working on that will make rivers conform to the terrain much more naturally.As for shaders I used SEUS 10.1 Standard. Not sure why it's not working for you - could you post a screenshot of the problem as well as your gbuffers_water.vsh file?

Alpine lakes are indeed planned, as part of a generator rewrite I'm working on that will make rivers conform to the terrain much more naturally.

As for shaders I used SEUS 10.1 Standard. Not sure why it's not working for you - could you post a screenshot of the problem as well as your gbuffers_water.vsh file?

What i meant was that the reflection of water shaders on seus is so that i can't see the detail of the flow, the water looks like this picture Terex posted:

Very cool! This mod is so impressive!

Posted Image

(Seus 10.1 shaders DOF)

But with your streams, they look like a stream of flowing quicksilver, i really wanted something like this :P :

Posted Image

Edit: Oh hey, i guess your reply has the answer, i have the 10.0, i will try the 10.1

Edited by SteAStro88

What i meant was that the reflection of water shaders on seus is so that i can't see the detail of the flow, the water looks like this picture Terex posted: But with your streams, they look like a stream of flowing quicksilver, i really wanted something like this :P :Edit: Oh hey, i guess your reply has the answer, i have the 10.0, i will try the 10.1

Terex used 10.1 as well so it's not that. But perhaps the problem is just the kind of light that's hitting the water at that place and time. Shadows make the water movement harder to see. When taking my picture I made sure the noonday sun was hitting the water directly; you can still see some shadowy places towards the back.So just try sitting by the river throughout the day and maybe the magic will happen. :) Otherwise try Standard shaders if you're using an Ultra version. Maybe Standard keeps light angles more simple. Edited by delvr

Well i have some ideas, rivers can lead into lakes and some lakes can have a river flowing out of them, maybe both! Also You can find driftwood (sticks), and upstream foliage (saplings, seeds, and possible wet wood) on the banks as well of that type of wood/crops so you can kinda know what types of plants are up stream +longer rivers

Terex used 10.1 as well so it's not that. But perhaps the problem is just the kind of light that's hitting the water at that place and time. Shadows make the water movement harder to see. When taking my picture I made sure the noonday sun was hitting the water directly; you can still see some shadowy places towards the back.So just try sitting by the river throughout the day and maybe the magic will happen. :) Otherwise try Standard shaders if you're using an Ultra version. Maybe Standard keeps light angles more simple.

Oh well i confused his pic because the river was in the shade, i was using seus 10.0, i downloaded 10.1 and now it is hust like your and terex pics, with the water having the reflection shaders which allows to see underwater, not like the exaggerated reflection of 10.0 version.. Well i'm really happy about what's planned with this mod, i think it adds realism and immersion to how worlds generate in TFC, even while seeing some strange conformations, like a source for a stream or a river spawned a block above an already existing one or that same rocky water source structure spawning floating in the air above a TFC river eheh.. But aside from these rare behaviors i think it makes world more natural :D

Just to let you guys know that a TFC-0.79.16+ update is underway and will arrive in the next few days.

Just to let you guys know that a TFC-0.79.16+ update is underway and will arrive in the next few days.

Uh, 0.79.17 has been released for 2 days now.

*psst Kitty he means for his mod.

>.>

<.<

I knew that.

>.>

<.<

Thanks for the info. We lost our server that was hosted with TrueWorldGaming when the host got hacked.

That coincided with the TFC update, so now we are waiting specifically for this addon to crate a new map. It looks amazing and everyone agrees is worth waiting for.

>.>

<.<

I knew that.

>.>

<.<

Sure you did..... ;)

That coincided with the TFC update, so now we are waiting specifically for this addon to crate a new map. It looks amazing and everyone agrees is worth waiting for.

Thanks! It's quite good to hear. Expect an update tomorrow (Sunday). This will also fix a crash with filling barrels in streams which someone reported on the main forum.

Version 0.1.4 is out! This version fixes some bugs and is compatible with the latest version of TFC. Be sure to also get Farseek 1.0.4 which is the new minimum required version.

Changelog:

[*]Compatible with TerraFirmaCraft 0.79.16 and newer.

[*]Fixed crash when filling TFC barrels in streams.

[*]Updated to Forge 10.13.3.1370.

[*]Requires Farseek API 1.0.4 or newer.

Enjoy!

Edited by delvr

Hey delvr you need to edit the original post to say 0.79.17.

BTW Thank you very much for this update.

Hey delvr you need to edit the original post to say 0.79.17.BTW Thank you very much for this update.

Ah yes, thanks for reminding me! Fixed.Let me know if there's any issues with the mod in your server. Also if you guys end up building cool stuff along the streams I'd love to see it, we could perhaps put some nice pictures in the thread. :)I also encourage everyone to take a look at my other mod, Repose. It lets you walk up and down natural slopes as if they were stairs, without using your spacebar. It's not TFC-specific but is fully compatible. It makes for a much smoother experience, I can't really play without it anymore. :) Edited by delvr

Thank you.

I gave Repose a try in my pack and it crashed. It looks like there is an issue with Immibis's Multipart, which I assume is part of ImmibisCore maybe radiologic. Sorry I don't have time to chase this down atm, but here is the crash report http://pastebin.com/aU0yc5LF

Oh and now Mek. http://pastebin.com/CP8ervMX Mek is so integrated in my pack I can't remove it to test further.

Delvr, thank you for creating this as it truly brings my modpack to life! Nothing beats walking through a forest and finding a river spawned and waiting. I have found quite a few gems of rivers with nice extensive watersheds as a matter of fact! Very rarely the river spawns in a strange way like doubling back onitself to tightly to make sense but rivers like that are exceptionally rare anyway.

Thank you.I gave Repose a try in my pack and it crashed. It looks like there is an issue with Immibis's Multipart, which I assume is part of ImmibisCore maybe radiologic. Sorry I don't have time to chase this down atm, but here is the crash report http://pastebin.com/aU0yc5LFOh and now Mek. http://pastebin.com/CP8ervMX Mek is so integrated in my pack I can't remove it to test further.

Thanks for letting me know! I'll take a look.

Delvr, thank you for creating this as it truly brings my modpack to life! Nothing beats walking through a forest and finding a river spawned and waiting. I have found quite a few gems of rivers with nice extensive watersheds as a matter of fact! Very rarely the river spawns in a strange way like doubling back onitself to tightly to make sense but rivers like that are exceptionally rare anyway.

Thank you so much for your comment! I love to read stuff like that, gets me motivated to create more.

Now that we have real rivers and streams, what I would love is for real water wheel power. That would be just great.

It have been updated days ago, and it's clear in the title. You need to update farseek and streams.