Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
delvr

[TFC 0.79.23+] Streams - Real Flowing Rivers

122 posts in this topic

It have been updated days ago, and it's clear in the title. You need to update farseek and streams.

Who are you replying to? If it's the person before you then they are aware it updated and were saying thank you to dev.

Who are you replying to? If it's the person before you then they are aware it updated and were saying thank you to dev.

Misunderstood

I released patch 1.0.5 for the Farseek API that fixes a crash with Immibis mods and Mekanism. There are no feature changes so you only need to update if you want to play with those mods.

Edited by delvr

Just want to say this mod continues to be great; I love everything about it. My servermates and I are currently digging an extensive tunnel and bridge system in and around a river canyon and it is amazingly beautiful. I love it. I'll be checking out Repose soon too.

Just want to say this mod continues to be great; I love everything about it. My servermates and I are currently digging an extensive tunnel and bridge system in and around a river canyon and it is amazingly beautiful. I love it. I'll be checking out Repose soon too.

That's awesome, thanks! Can we see some pictures? :)Also I just released a compatibility update for the Farseek API (1.0.6). Again there's no feature changes but if anyone's been getting startup crashes with other mods, give it a try.

That's awesome, thanks! Can we see some pictures? :)Also I just released a compatibility update for the Farseek API (1.0.6). Again there's no feature changes but if anyone's been getting startup crashes with other mods, give it a try.

Okay, I'll do some pictures; it's still under construction though.

Sorry for Double Post.

Some Pictures of the Base: http://imgur.com/a/L4wTT

The base is still under construction, so there are scaffoldings and half-built houses but you get the general idea. I'll post better pics when it's finished.

Some Pictures of the Base: http://imgur.com/a/L4wTT

That's really nice! I like how you integrated the waterfalls in the design. Nice use of planks for custom fences, too. Keep up the good work!

That's really nice! I like how you integrated the waterfalls in the design. Nice use of planks for custom fences, too. Keep up the good work!

Thanks! We just finished redecorating so I'll post another set of screenshots eventually.

I released patch 1.0.5 for the Farseek API that fixes a crash with Immibis mods and Mekanism. There are no feature changes so you only need to update if you want to play with those mods.

Out of curiosity - how does one fix classloader verifier exception? By changing the load order?

Out of curiosity - how does one fix classloader verifier exception? By changing the load order?

Good question! Answering takes a bit of technical explanation. Most of this stuff I've learned fairly recently so I might be wrong on some details.

I assume the error you refer to is "Expecting a stackmap frame" as seen here: http://pastebin.com/aU0yc5LF

Missing stackmap frame errors are caused by ASM method patches not recomputing frames in the methods they visit. Stackmap frames are a snapshot of the expected state of local and stack variables at various points in the function, and are mandatory in modern (JDK7+) classes. They can be ignored by using the FailOverToOldVerifier VM option, but not everyone uses or even knows about it and support for it is not garanteed in the future. So what many mods do is using the COMPUTE_FRAMES flag in their ASM ClassWriters to recompute all frames manually, but the implementation of that flag causes extra classes to be recursively loaded during transformation through the classloader's getCommonSuperClass(), which can cause major problems in Forge for reasons I don't yet fully understand. I hear that some modders are using a classloader with a custom implementation of getCommonSuperclass; in my case I chose to visit the stack frames manually (with MethodVisitor.visitFrame()) instead of using COMPUTE_FRAMES since I have a small amount of generic ASM code in my method patching API. You can see my implementation (in Scala) here: https://github.com/delvr/Farseek/blob/master/src/main/scala/farseek/core/MethodReplacer.scalaSo it's a difficult problem; even the Forge devs are having trouble with it. See the comments on this recent Forge commit: https://github.com/MinecraftForge/MinecraftForge/commit/06398fa25990b458ee3183e0cf9066a3a75f221e 

I'm still weighting on NOT using classloader patches for anything of that sort and matter, and will stand by it always. Monkey patching things might and will cause performance hits and unexpected behaviors all over the place, and this actually makes quite a lot of code quite impossible to properly debug.

Thus if you ask me, the work should be going on providing sturdy event and component+mixin driven goodies rather than figuring out classloading quirks, since those are far less dependant on actual class loading implementations. Though since I'm not really a part of the modding community, no one will ask me. Also, I'm not certain I know how exactly things work over there and if mixin'd components will cause more memory usage.

There's a problem with this mod with both leather water sac and smart moving, when using water sac, i can't gather water from streams that have a low water level/flowing, unlike with clay jugs and buckets, and with smartmoving mod it's the same, i can't drink from streams that have a low water level, everything's alright with still water or flowing water that has a "high" level (like more than half a block) though, i don't mind directly drinking from it, because i can gather water with a jug, but the leather water sac issue is sort of annoying.

Hi! First of all. I love this mod. It makes the world so much more exciting and realistic.

I have a question though, is the mod compatible with the new tfc 79.20 update? They say they changed some water mechanics, so i wanted to make sure...

Hi! First of all. I love this mod. It makes the world so much more exciting and realistic.I have a question though, is the mod compatible with the new tfc 79.20 update? They say they changed some water mechanics, so i wanted to make sure...

Any addon that has a + in the title should be safe for all updates unless the vanilla change log states we broke some sort of addon compatibility.

There's a problem with this mod with both leather water sac and smart moving, when using water sac, i can't gather water from streams that have a low water level/flowing, unlike with clay jugs and buckets, and with smartmoving mod it's the same, i can't drink from streams that have a low water level, everything's alright with still water or flowing water that has a "high" level (like more than half a block) though, i don't mind directly drinking from it, because i can gather water with a jug, but the leather water sac issue is sort of annoying.

I'll take a look and see if I can change this, it depends on how these mods check for valid water to use with their items or actions.

Also Streams should indeed be compatible with the latest TFC (thanks Kitty for answering) so if you find a regression bug please let me know.

In other news I'm still working on the next major update, sorry I haven't posted much but I'll start providing screenshots as soon as the big infrastructure rewrite is done. Thanks everyone for their patience.

I have been testing this mod out on my server, and I am starting to get multiple crashes due to "Exception getting block type in world" has anyone else seen this issue?

Here is the server crash log (long) http://pastebin.com/2hG0yEmi

I do have a decent amount of mods, but I really don't know how to progress in finding the culprit. But it seems to be with worldgen, and only other mod that manipulates the world is Farseek and Streams. So figured I'd ask here first in hopes of quashing this (or removing the mod)

I am also getting this when running single player as well. The part that is making me think it might be Farseek/Streams is line 1047 "Location: World: (-6768,148,7519)" because this coordinate is about 30k blocks away from any generated chunks.

Edited by Red3Tango

I have been testing this mod out, and I am starting to get multiple crashes due to "Exception getting block type in world" has anyone else seen this issue?

Here is the crash log (long) http://pastebin.com/2hG0yEmi

I do have a decent amount of mods, but I really don't know how to progress in finding the culprit. But it seems to be with worldgen, and only other mod that manipulates the world is Farseek and Streams. So figured I'd ask here first in hopes of quashing this (or removing the mod)

I have the same mods almost, except I don't have recall stones. I believe the problem is:

MyTown|Datasource: ~~ERROR~~ NullPointerException: null

Isn't MyTown2 a server-side only mod, and is this log from a server or client since you are testing? We have MyTown2 on the server but not on clients.

Edited by CraveMode

Sorry I thought I mentioned it was the log from the server. This is happening on single player as well (that does not have MyTown2 installed).

(edited my first post)

I am also getting this when running single player as well. The part that is making me think it might be Farseek/Streams is line 1047 "Location: World: (-6768,148,7519)" because this coordinate is about 30k blocks away from any generated chunks.

I have been testing this mod out on my server, and I am starting to get multiple crashes due to "Exception getting block type in world" has anyone else seen this issue?

Here is the server crash log (long) http://pastebin.com/2hG0yEmi

Thanks for reporting this Red3Tango, I will take a look.

I think you mean 3000 blocks not 30000 blocks. Try throwing journeymap in the SSP world you replicated this in. Do the automapping. I would guess that you will see long stretches of generated chunks stretching out from your map. This is the issue that AnodeCathode reported earlier today. We've been testing it and it happens in Vanilla TFC. I think that streams, either tips the balance to crashes or just appears in the stack trace due to its role in worldgen.

I think you mean 3000 blocks not 30000 blocks.

When this crash happened I was at -189, -13797 (which straight line distance is 22k). However, there was other times when straight line was over 30k.

Ah durr there is a negative sign there carry on.

I think you mean 3000 blocks not 30000 blocks. Try throwing journeymap in the SSP world you replicated this in. Do the automapping. I would guess that you will see long stretches of generated chunks stretching out from your map. This is the issue that AnodeCathode reported earlier today. We've been testing it and it happens in Vanilla TFC. I think that streams, either tips the balance to crashes or just appears in the stack trace due to its role in worldgen.

I looked into this and as Bunsan suggests, it doesn't seem that Streams is directly causing the excessive chunk-gen recursion seen here. It might be causing it to happen more often since it generates chunks at a further distance from the player than most other structures.Not sure about the root issue, but looking at the TFC tree gen code (seen in the crash log) I notice that not all generators are using the standard +8 offset within the 4-chunk group being populated (i.e. they spawn in the North-West chunk instead of at the intersection of all 4 chunks). This means that the trunks don't have a full 8-block buffer around themselves and can cause recursive generation in their neighbors. Bunsan - perhaps the devs could take a look at this?The code I'm referring to is in https://github.com/Deadrik/TFCraft/blob/Build79/src/Common/com/bioxx/tfc/WorldGen/Generators/WorldGenForests.java; you'll see that generateJungle uses the offset (lines 220-221) but not generateForest (lines 60-61). And it doesn't seem like the individual tree generators are doing it either, unless there's something I overlooked.

Edit: I added this information to the related thread at http://terrafirmacraft.com/f/topic/8470-solved7920-tfc-generating-chunks-off-into-the-ocean-performance-craters/?p=110835

Edited by delvr