Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Ninilac

[Breaks Rule #1, #4, #6] Fully tamed animals won't breed

25 posts in this topic

I have cows, sheeps and horses I want to breed, but the fully tamed ones (with the golden heart) don't eat the grains I want to feed them.

it still works for the ones that aren't fully tamed (red heart with white borders) and one odd fully tamed male.

Yes the animals are adult, I can milk the female cows, shear the sheeps and ride the horses.

I tried feeding them barley, corn, wheat and oat.

Can someone help me? Am I doing something wrong?

I have cows, sheeps and horses I want to breed, but the fully tamed ones (with the golden heart) don't eat the grains I want to feed them.it still works for the ones that aren't fully tamed (red heart with white borders) and one odd fully tamed male.Yes the animals are adult, I can milk the female cows, shear the sheeps and ride the horses.I tried feeding them barley, corn, wheat and oat.Can someone help me? Am I doing something wrong?

Have you tried feeding them without holding shift (sneak)?

Have you tried feeding them without holding shift (sneak)?

Yes, it doesn't work, makes me eat it.

You're feeding them at least twice, correct? Once to trigger the "familiarized today" flag, and a second time to actually breed the animal.

What type of animal exactly are you trying to breed? I was able to breed to golden-heart pigs without any issue. Are you absolutely positive that your animals are adults? If they haven't reached adult age yet, you cannot breed them.

79.0 Change Log:

• Bear Adult age: 60 months
  • Chicken/Pheasant Adult age: 4.14 months
  • Cow Adult age: 36 months
  • Deer Adult age: 24 months
  • Horse Adult age: 30 months
  • Pig Adult age: 15 months
  • Sheep Adult age: 12 months
  • Wolf Adult age: 9 months

I am absolutely sure they're adult, I can shear the sheeps, mount the horses and milk the cows as I said in my first post

those are the 3 animal types I am trying to breed.

Are you feeding your animals until they are full? You need to be sneaking the entire time, and keep feeding them until heart particles appear. I've tested sheep, and cows both now, and they are all breeding just fine with golden hearts, and I am able to breed their golden-heart offspring once they grew up as well.

I don't get the crunch sound that indicates they eat the grains.

I also don't get hearts particles.

And finally, when I shift right click, it starts the animation of me eating the grains...

So I guess I can't feed them at all.

Could you post a screenshot of you holding the grains while sneaking and looking at the animal?

Holding the grains in front of tamed sheeps:

Posted Image

Trying to feed a fully tamed sheep grains:

Posted Image

And I noticed it might not be related to them being fully tamed, there's 1 sheep that refuse to eat grains that isn't fully tamed (but tamed enough to shear)

Have you tried moving the sheep off of the grass? They might not be hungry because they're eating the grass. Also make sure that you yourself aren't hungry to avoid accidentally eating the food yourself.

How much time do I have to wait for them to get hungry?

Also, could that be the problem for cows and horses too?

I'd wait about 20 real-life minutes after they have been moved off of the grass to see if they are hungry.

It could possibly be the problem for the horses and the cows, but it's much more likely to be the problem for sheep because they actively eat grass each time they are sheared.

Also make sure that you have at least 5 ounces of grain, and that it doesn't have any decay on it when you try to feed the animals.

It still doesn't work, got 47 oz of grains with no decay on it. Got the sheeps on white elm plank blocks for about 25 minutes now

Have you tried deleting your config files? Did you perhaps change anything in the config recently, or use commands to change the in-game time?

The problem is actually on the DarkAgeCraft server. I'll see about it.

Maybe try cheating in test world using /debug to get the time manipulation tools. Spawn in sheep in non-grass pen. Feed, skip day, repeat until you get babies you can max. Get them to gold hearts, do big jump in time for them to fully grow and try to breed those. As this has not been an issue with others there must be an issue related to what you are doing or did in past.

You haven't used vanilla time commands have you?

Alternatively add NBTedit mod, try and prime problem animal for breeding, look at the animal and run /nbtedit. Post scree shot of the data, you may need to expand some categories.

DarkAgeCraft uses Cauldron, which is not supported by TFC. It is entirely possible that something with cauldron or the plugins on that server is causing this.

Edit: Unless you can reproduce this bug in a single player world without Cauldron, this will be marked as a Cauldron bug and will not be fixed. Please contact your server admin for further support, as we will not offer Cauldron support on this forum.

The problem is actually on the DarkAgeCraft server. I'll see about it.

Yeah that is kinda critical info as they run cauldron. Anyone else on server having issue? Have you talked to staff of server about it?Edit: As a general rule. If you play on a server, especially a modded server, any bugs you encounter should be reported to the people who run the server. If they can't solve it, they should approach modpack maker if it is a public pack. If a bug report/support is needed they should approach the devs. It isn't that you are incapable, it is just that you won't have all the info needed.

Maybe try cheating in test world using /debug to get the time manipulation tools. Spawn in sheep in non-grass pen. Feed, skip day, repeat until you get babies you can max. Get them to gold hearts, do big jump in time for them to fully grow and try to breed those. As this has not been an issue with others there must be an issue related to what you are doing or did in past.You haven't used vanilla time commands have you?Alternatively add NBTedit mod, try and prime problem animal for breeding, look at the animal and run /nbtedit. Post scree shot of the data, you may need to expand some categories.

tried that, and yup the tamed baby sheep didn't want to know anything about grains once adult.

I made other babies. Did not fully tame them this time and it's the same thing: they don't want to breed once adult.

So it would be that offsprings cannot breed once they're adult.

I tried to not tame them to the full heart and they still don't want to eat grains.

Is this in Single Player, or on the server?

At this point I'm going to have to ask that you follow the rules of the Support forum and properly fill out the bug report template. There's too much crucial information that you are leaving out, which we will learn if you followed the rules and used the template.

it's in single player.

Also, I made a last batch, this time, did not feed them anything at all while they where young and those did eat grains once adult.

Yeah that is kinda critical info as they run cauldron. Anyone else on server having issue? Have you talked to staff of server about it? 

Well since you asked.. I've had a few reports of similar issues on our Cauldron server, but of course did not report it ;)

I haven't been able to reproduce it in single player either.

This topic has broken rules #1 and #4 of the support forum, and has been locked since the rules have not been followed after asking. Please create a new topic following the rules.