Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
grandfather_pahomich

Sunflower and olive oil

14 posts in this topic

You can made from olive and sunflower in quern. You can add it in salad and he to be tasty.

Yeah sounds good and maybe it can be used to make metals a little bit hotter because it it oil

Why do you think oil make metal hotter? Why would you want to make metal hotter, we can already liquefy all types.

i dont know what if it could help make metals hot and stay that way for easyer working. Im just adding ideas

As this mod aims for a more realistic feel balanced with gameplay it is best to ground your ideas in reality. There is no logic in your suggestion.

The temperatures chosen for workable, weldable and liquid are based on actual temperatures. The rate of cooling is faster, however this does balance the fact that heating the metal is much simpler than in real life, which is a great deal of the art of metal working. For player who feel metal cools too quickly or too slowly, there is a Config to adjust it.

Adding oil to hot metal would cool the metal, create a great deal of smoke, create a great deal of fire and cause a great deal of second and third degree burns.

Well my idea around the idea for the oil and the metals was just from a thing i saw in a video, but maybe having some wool, silk, burlap cloth on a stick with some oil will make some unlit long lasting torch lasts for a 3 days and can be re-lit with some oil in inventory and another torch can lite the torch again

Well my idea around the idea for the oil and the metals was just from a thing i saw in a video

Link the video, or else your suggestion has absolutely no basis. We have no idea what you are talking about, and if you want to back up your argument with proof, you need to actually provide the proof.

Create new topic and talking. This is idea of sunflower oil. 

KyleMan is simply talking about more uses for the oil that you suggested, he does not need to create a new topic for that.

Do you add sunflower and olive oil? Excuse me that I place the theme that you must block. I want my suggestions have been added to your mod.

At this point in build 79 they are in the final bug fix phase. Any new additions would not be introduced until build 80 at the earliest. Build 80 won't be for a good while still.

A more permanent light source is planned by the devs, it is possible that they will introduce oil as a fuel source, it is possible they would extend this to edible oils.

In general most community suggestions are not introduced to game.

Well you can try the lanterns mod but my idea for the long lasting torches was for a sorta mid tier torch with that lanterns mod who dont have any alcohol or metals to use for the lanterns or who cant find pumpkins for jack o lanterns

Olive oil is also used as a method of conservation of food. Tuna cans are a really common example of oil used to conserve food. Now, it would be useless if we consider that we already have vinegar that works in the same way, but oil does not require brining and it would alter less the taste of food. It's also more expensive to make than vinegar, because olive isn't so common and is also produced in small quantities. This makes olive oil both advantageous and difficult to get, a bit like salt.