Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Synzaic

Possible ideas for BIOXX reguarding pvp.

6 posts in this topic

I know this idea is server based and souly on the server owner. I am curious if bioxx would be interested in adding in some pvp components. I would like to see if anyone would like to add their oppinion on the idea.

When people say this is a pvp server but no greifing. I can understand that.

I for one like raiding.

So if we attack we can abide by the rules of no greifing.

My issue is, beacuse I like raiding and the spoils of raiding. People shouldn't leave ungruaded chests.

Though this is just my oppinion.

What do you all think?

How could we make some rules reguading this issue?

Discuss....

Personnally i dont think that TFC is about PvP to be honest and i doubt that bioxx would be intrested in PvP...

Personnally i dont think that TFC is about PvP to be honest and i doubt that bioxx would be intrested in PvP...

Well now, I can't entirely agree with that statement. TFC is 'survival mode as it should have been', and goes for a much more believable feel. Given the fact that human history is just one bloody struggle after another and that people spend all night murdering mobs anyway, I can definitely envision a bunch of Steves with javelins hiding behind leaf blocks, waiting for a rival steve to come out of the forest so they can kill him and take all the resources he's been gathering.

I can also see that escalating to the bronze age, with half the server in one communal castle and the other half in another, each with a militia bedecked in bronze armor and swords, warring bitterly over rights to a large native gold or cassiterite mine midway between them.

Then up into the iron age (and here's where it gets a bit sketchy since most of this hasn't been added), with the castles changed into small urban cities, still hostile from the early days of the server, but now with steel knives being planted in backs, and Steve hiding in a corner, his player sweating over his freshly crafted flintlock pistol as he aims it at the enemy king, knowing he only has the one shot since he won't have the time to go through the tedious reloading process...

...Frankly I can definitely see room for a pvp focus, though not a strong one

Well now, I can't entirely agree with that statement. TFC is 'survival mode as it should have been', and goes for a much more believable feel. Given the fact that human history is just one bloody struggle after another and that people spend all night murdering mobs anyway, I can definitely envision a bunch of Steves with javelins hiding behind leaf blocks, waiting for a rival steve to come out of the forest so they can kill him and take all the resources he's been gathering.

I can also see that escalating to the bronze age, with half the server in one communal castle and the other half in another, each with a militia bedecked in bronze armor and swords, warring bitterly over rights to a large native gold or cassiterite mine midway between them.

Then up into the iron age (and here's where it gets a bit sketchy since most of this hasn't been added), with the castles changed into small urban cities, still hostile from the early days of the server, but now with steel knives being planted in backs, and Steve hiding in a corner, his player sweating over his freshly crafted flintlock pistol as he aims it at the enemy king, knowing he only has the one shot since he won't have the time to go through the tedious reloading process...

...Frankly I can definitely see room for a pvp focus, though not a strong one

I feel like you should give writing a try.

Anyways, I feel pvp has a place in this mod, even if I personally don't partake/like it very much.

I feel like you should give writing a try.

Anyways, I feel pvp has a place in this mod, even if I personally don't partake/like it very much.

lol I actually used to fancy myself a writer, how'd you know?

I really like this idea, I typically play on servers with my friends, communist, but I do occasionally pvp and raiding is FUN! I think that if this is going to be a focus we should be able to primitive war machines. Like a catapult that flings a rock-like entity that would crush stuff. or maybe a siege tower, or a battering ram. Yea, I'm not trying to go all super server war, but I think it fits the feel, especially if enemy villages start cropping up.

EDIT: Here is my idea per se. A catapult that would be made by combining some planks, a vertical support beam, some sort of rope, and a catapult head (new anvil item). Placeable down in the world like a boat (an entity) It would have a GUI that would have a slot for ammunition and a couple of buttons, (retract, release, etc. like the anvil). It would have lots of health, (like 100) and i'm not sure how it would move, maybe you click the push button on the GUI and then you are pushing it or something? anyway there would be a couple of ammuntion. maybe cleanstone(natural) and maybe an explosive one made with sulfur + saltpeter, and maybe a giant bolder made from stone. Tell me what you guys think.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0