Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Yawooza

Praises and Ideas to the mod

19 posts in this topic

Hi! Since i got this mod about 3 days ago my head has been exploding with praises and ideas for it,

To Bioxx, I hope you read this and get inspired by some of my ideas just as much as your mod inspired me

First of all:

Praises

-The mining/forging system is incredibly complex and challenging, I've never had so much fun mining

in Vanila minecraft

-The entire wood crafting system is great!

-Realism is adding so much to the game

-Mod full of wonderful content and so much more potential

To make things easier i broke down my ideas into 4 categories: Realism, Gameplay, Bugs/Tweaks:

Realism

-Cutting down a tree should make some small % of the Leaves fall from the tree (as in Minecraft

gravity fall), Cutting a tree in real must leave a mess

-Cutting a tree from above the first trunk block should let tree grow saplings around it after a while

same as in real life, if you cut a tree and leave the roots plus the trunk it will start regrowing saplings

from its sides after a while

-Dropping heated items into water should instantly cool them, this should also be an important stage

in crafting metal tools esp. Steel, same as it is in real life -- Probably obvious but dropping liquid metals should have them lost

-In case that a Cobblestone block falls (via gravity/cave in) on any type of furniture (Crafting

table,Bed,Chests,etc) it should break the furniture into some planks/sticks/whatever materials it was

made out of

-Crops growth , even if having a water source block near by, should still be limited by rain, Dry

seasons/years would add a great challenging and realistic aspect to the game

-Dirt covering a charcoal firepit should not grow into grass, but rather turn into darker dirt because

of the smoke (also the grass makes the dirt piles look funny)

-"Naturally" spawning flints look rather very unnatural, Adding any sort of random factor to it would

add alot to aesthetics - Shape, Size, Orientation Anything~

-Dropping heated items on snow blocks should melt the snow block it landed on

Gameplay

-Breaking Dead bushes (found in deserts) should yield sticks

-Combing Tool plans with books and some ink on a scribing table should get you higher tier tool plans

-Placing coal/charcoal on the ground will make coal piles, which then could be shoveled into a bloomery more easily rather climbing to the top of it and dropping the coal pieces one by one

-A "Gentle Touch" enchantment for pickaxes - reduces chances for cave ins

-Wheat stacks

-Randomly generated hidden treasure chests containing precious gems and Legendary tool plans

*Legendary tool plans - Plans for some Mythical tools

*Mobs should have a super rare chance to drop these Legendary plans and some rare gem stones

-Crafting wheat together with some planks should get a Chicken nest, A near by chicken will call it home and lay her eggs in it, these eggs could be gathered or left to hatch after a while

-Swimming while wearing certain types of metal armor should make the armor lose durability

-More types of food/cooking would add a great deal of fun - Boiled eggs, soups, pies any thing

will be better than the same old boring Pork chops and beef diet

Bugs/Tweaks

-Sugar canes are Really hard to find in some seeds (Didn't find a single sugar cane in a 2000x2000 blocks range)

-Cutting down Sequoia trees some times causes the game to Save Chunks and then force close

-Not sure if its a bug or just success rate --> some times when trying to weld 2 items even if at the

right temp, takes more than a few clicks on the weld button

To Bioxx, I hope you read through this and be inspired by some of my ideas just as much as your mod inspired me.

I wouldnt call realism a right word to use for this mod, like bioxx said the mod isnt about realism...

I wouldnt call realism a right word to use for this mod, like bioxx said the mod isnt about realism...

I dont think any of these ideas are any more daring in realism than the mod is already is, they would add great aspects for the game realism but nothing too game changing

I dont think any of these ideas are any more daring in realism than the mod is already is, they would add great aspects for the game realism but nothing too game changing

It's not so much suggesting realistic things being bad as it is the word "realism" itself having a fairly negative reaction on these forums because it was growing some serious underlying hostilities until Bioxx diffused it fairly effectively. Essentially there's room for realistic and non-realistic (like your Mythical tools plans, those intrigue me), but the words like "realistic" and "realism" kind of trigger a twitch from both sides of the old debate these days.

That being said, I like your tree-related suggestions in particular. Also, I believe the flint rocks were said to be a temporary design a long time ago, but it seems most have gotten accustomed to it.

This thread should probably be moved to the Suggestions section though.

It's not so much suggesting realistic things being bad as it is the word "realism" itself having a fairly negative reaction on these forums because it was growing some serious underlying hostilities until Bioxx diffused it fairly effectively. Essentially there's room for realistic and non-realistic (like your Mythical tools plans, those intrigue me), but the words like "realistic" and "realism" kind of trigger a twitch from both sides of the old debate these days.

That being said, I like your tree-related suggestions in particular. Also, I believe the flint rocks were said to be a temporary design a long time ago, but it seems most have gotten accustomed to it.

This thread should probably be moved to the Suggestions section though.

Ahh yeah i can understand, though this is my first day on this forum and i my 3rd day on this mod and i just had to shoot out my ideas, ill make sure to get updated on the forums debates asap.

as for the Mythical plans just throwing out how i imagined the idea, the Mythical tools should be crafted in multi-stages including

stages which require gems probably, and i think should have specific built in enchantments

And as for moving this thread, like i said, i just had to shoot my ideas before i forget them so i posted this before dwelling any interest in the forums

To Terinz: Is it your habit to post nonconstructive posts in others topics? This mod IS about realism, but not to the level where its not FUN anymore.

If you read what he suggested, it was a lot that would give depth to the existing realism,

but not something that would take away fun, correct?

And what has Bioxx done with Minecraft? "Adding depth to the realism but not taking away the fun".

Don't make me qoute myself in another topic about this Terinz.

TO Yawooza: Welcome to TFC and nice suggestions! Even tho many have been suggested already ;)

I think Bioxx is focusing on agriculture right now, but you will notice he fine tunes and adds small things here and there.

About your enchanting ideas, he seems to have a good idea what to do with it (mentioned it few times), dunno where it is on his prio list tho :).

Maybe thats how he will handle enchanting, more of "mastering a tool" then magiclly enchanting it.

Hey, maybe you have to put a tool (with full durability), the plans and a book together with some markings to get a change to "upgrade" the plan? :)

To Terinz: Is it your habit to post nonconstructive posts in others topics? This mod IS about realism, but not to the level where its not FUN anymore.

If you read what he suggested, it was a lot that would give depth to the existing realism,

And what has Bioxx done with Minecraft? "Adding depth to the realism but not taking away the fun".

TO Yawooza: Welcome to TFC and nice suggestions! Even tho many have been suggested already ;)

I think Bioxx is focusing on agriculture right now, but you will notice he fine tunes and adds small things here and there.

About your enchanting ideas, he seems to have a good idea what to do with it (mentioned it few times), dunno where it is on his prio list tho :).

Maybe thats how he will handle enchanting, more of "mastering a tool" then magiclly enchanting it.

Hey, maybe you have to put a tool (with full durability), the plans and a book together with some markings to get a change to "upgrade" the plan? :)

You spelled, my name wrong...

Because I knew you would take the bait and prove to be the troll you are.

just one thing, bioxx himself just recently posted to everyone that he is not going to focus on realism entirely, he changed the word realism to believability, he wants things to be believeably hard but is willing to add in magic, mythical monsters, things that do not hold true to real life, he is even willing to add in things that have a use in real life and although he may give them there real life purpose, he may also give them a non real life purpose, like lets say for example he decide to add in a monkey, he may make it so that the monkey can fly if he believes that there is a fun use for a flying monkey, just an example and it is kinda ignoring the believable part of my point, but you get the idea, it may run around and swing from trees but if he decides that there is a use for a flying monkey that he thinks will make the game fun, he will add it. so get realism out of your head and start using the word believable, cause i for one want some god damn flying monkeis!!!! :D

joking aside, mythical mobs would be a cool addition after real ones like foxes and horses, i would like to see neutral dragons that can trade with you, or kill you and burn your city to the ground if you attack them

You spelled, my name wrong...

dude, i agree that people need to stop using realistic as an argurment or idea stand point, but that was realy freking weak. and yeah kinda something a troll would say. but good job trying to spread the word to ignorant people (ignorant not being used as an insult, just to say people are unaware of some peice of information) that bioxx does not want people focusing on realism anymore, he wants believeability to make the game fun and believable in a fun and exciting way

dude, i agree that people need to stop using realistic as an argurment or idea stand point, but that was realy freking weak. and yeah kinda something a troll would say. but good job trying to spread the word to ignorant people (ignorant not being used as an insult, just to say people are unaware of some peice of information) that bioxx does not want people focusing on realism anymore, he wants believeability to make the game fun and believable in a fun and exciting way

Didnt mean to say it in a trolling way... So yeah sorry about that...

Terinz, read your all your posts.

You just jump in topics saying something a troll/smart ass would say.

I have been a admin and a moderator, and people that write like you end up chasing fans away or getting banned.

Stop writing nonconstructive posts and stop telling people what they have spelled wrong,

if you can understand what they meant why bother being a smart ass?

Like this topic, instead of focusing of what he actually wants to say (the ideas), you focus on ONE word he said.

So stop ruining TFC's forums!

1. The guy is new and is not aware of this "realism" war the forums had.

2. Why DOES the word realism mean so much here? Look at how we MAKE metals in TFC, how the NAMES of the metals and ore.

They exist IRL, and they pop up in the rocktypes we have in TFC, is that not realism?

What Bioxx wanted to say was stop saying: “X doesn’t really fit with the realism in TerraFirmaCraftâ€.

As I said, TFC IS realistic, the whole metal business in TFC is realistic, but not to the point that its not FUN.

And the author of this topic, just had ideas that added depth in the realistic aspects of TFC.

Bioxx wrote that realism post to stop trolling people that likes 100% realism, instead he got trolling people that don't want to see the word "realism" anywhere.

How embarrassing is it that a dude with a avatar of a dog sticking out it's tongue, gotta teach you manners :P

OMG I'm half tempted to delete all these useless posts but I won't seeing as that in particular isn't my call :P Cut it out!

first off, i not all the metals are real. second, you are correct that Tfcraft is realistic but it is not going to be pure realism. he said that not everything is going to be real, he plains to add in a magic feel to the game as well, and is looking for a way to make the game fun and believable without having to make everything act like things do Irl, he just wants to make the game work better, not exactly like or even cloe to real life, he just wants the feel not the actual thing. other then that can we go back to the topic? this is getting boring.

P.S. sorry about how stubborn i was getting but the way you made it sound was like nothing could be added that was not realistic. which would be untrure seeing as how bioxx plans on adding enchanting and mythical creatures to the game at some point

Thats cool, thing with realism for me is just like religion, and the realism in TFC is.. Bioxxrealism.

So everytime someone mentions realism, for me its a matter of how it fits the realism in the mod. Not how close to reality it is.

Yeah, I liked most of his ideas!

I just feel sorry for Bioxx since we throw so many suggestions at him! :D

Probably obvious but dropping liquid metals should have them lost

Or leave a nice little lump of cooling metal on your foot for you to peel off and remelt (once you have recovered adequately from the deep tissue damage to your feet) :P

Thats cool, thing with realism for me is just like religion, and the realism in TFC is.. Bioxxxrealism.

So everytime someone mentions realism, for me its a matter of how it fits the realism in the mod. Not how close to reality it is.

Yeah, I liked most of his ideas!

I just feel sorry for Bioxx since we throw so many suggestions at him! :D

Bioxxxrealism. I think we should make that an official name. Maybe take out one of the x's though. It's a little too sexy with 3 of them.

Bioxxxrealism. I think we should make that an official name. Maybe take out one of the x's though. It's a little too sexy with 3 of them.

Yeah, if such a word exists I don't wanna know ^^.

i think there should be a random chance of diging along in the sand in a desert to find flint and also a use for gems like how the Aether add necklaces for gold and iron at least something... or like gem creations taking a gem an carving it in say a minigame sort of Gui like the anvil but more fun the just a line...