Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Kittychanley

WAILA Support

30 posts in this topic

Could you please explain how me using WAILA in my single player games affects how you play the game?

Imaginary example:Player: "Waila is the great! Can you support it more plx??"later...Dev 1: "So we finally got lanterns working. Should we put in several textures to display the fill state?"Dev 2: "Nah... Too much work, Waila shows it anyways."

Imaginary example:Player: "Waila is the great! Can you support it more plx??"later...Dev 1: "So we finally got lanterns working. Should we put in several textures to display the fill state?"Dev 2: "Nah... Too much work, Waila shows it anyways."

and do you have a non-imaginary example for TFC?I say that the devs of TFC do NOT think that way - sure there are some changes that cannot be promptly implemented, or at all, but most bugs are corrected almost when reported. Two or more commits almost every day!'Convicting' someone just for what he can do or you think he can do is so wrong.... else we should all be banned from the forum, or better, the forum should be removed just because someone could offend someone else!sorry for my bad English, it is none of my native languages [:-) Edited by CHeuberger

You know. In the end I had to learn this lesson the hard way. 

It works like this, you go ahead and create a project with a website. Something like a Mod or a server.

After sometime people will think they have the right to be rude with you, just because they use your free service.

To make matter worst this kind of attitude can and will make good people stop working on free projects.

Damn, I would not take this kind of rudeness from a boss, someone who would be paying for my time.

I just want to ask the Dev's and specially Kitty to please do not let this kind of comment influence the work you do here.

I remember the forums before Kitty,

THANK YOU ALL FOR THIS AMAZING MOD AND FORUM AND WIKI. 

That's pretty much the same argument I and some other people made in that poll about the magic of TFC which you disagreed with profusely. Does this mean you have changed your mind? I think that's great :)

So you've implemented a TFC module that creates a magic system that if a player does not install it, they can still complete all features within the game in the exact same manner as if they did have it installed? And you've already finished coding it and testing it properly for bugs? That's great! Why haven't you made a PR for it yet? Coming up with the ideas for a mechanic is a tiny portion of actually implementing it. You haven't put any real work into anything until you've actually started to code it.

The only slight minus is that it tells you whether an ore is normal, rich or poor.  Part of the "magic" for me is not knowing until you actually mine a block (is it rich?  is it poor?  yeah it's rich!!!)...

Oh well, you get something, you give something...

http://terrafirmacraft.com/f/topic/8132-waila-configuration/

Could you make a post requesting that here please? I can make it so there's a config option to turn off the quality display. I just need to know that somebody wants the option.

Your example is bad and you should feel bad. For one, lamps already have a way to display fill state without WAILA installed, just break and pick it up and it says it right there in the tooltip. TFC implements ancient lamps, which are literally just what you see in game, a jar filled with oil and a wick. There's no glass involved and the only way you would ever know how full it was is to pick it up.

I'm also surprised you honestly think that the TFC devs could possibly have that mindset. It really shows how little you think of us.

There is nothing to be gained continuing this. WAILA does not provide an great advantage, a few less steps, clicks and ore tests, on servers and there are tools where servers can block users from using it. You can choose to use it or not, like or not.