Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Kittychanley

WAILA Support

30 posts in this topic

So the big project that I've been working on for 79.16 has been official WAILA support for TFC blocks and tile entities. This is what has been completed so far:

• Anvils - Simply displays the tier # of the anvil.
    post-3005-0-14462100-1424301962.png
  • Barrels/Large Vessels - Name and amount of liquid inside, Sealed Date, Output/Processing message. I considered adding in a % complete for barrel processing as well, but there wasn't a simple way to implement it.
    post-3005-0-47004600-1424301962_thumb.pnpost-3005-0-91076800-1424301962_thumb.pnpost-3005-0-63451500-1424301974_thumb.pn
  • Berry Bushes - Displays the fruit instead of the bush if ready to harvest, lists seasons for when the bush will be ripe.
    post-3005-0-40873400-1424301963_thumb.pnpost-3005-0-92356100-1424301963_thumb.pn
  • Blast Furnace - Displays amount of ore and charcoal, and indicator for if there is a tuyere inside, and the current temperature of the ore inside.
    post-3005-0-14393600-1424303540.png
  • Bloom Blocks - Displays the size of the bloom that will be dropped when broken.
    post-3005-0-38750600-1424303540.png
  • Bloomery - Displays the amount of ore and charcoal, as well as a % progress when it is lit.
    post-3005-0-63390000-1424303540.png
  • Crops - Displays the name of the crop (wheat, tomato, pepper, etc) and Growth %
    post-3005-0-48307200-1424301965.pngpost-3005-0-98257900-1424301965.pngpost-3005-0-82905500-1424301966.png
  • Crucibles - Displays the current alloy, the units of metal inside, the composition of the alloy (e.g. % Tin, % Copper for Bronze), and the temperature of the crucible.
    post-3005-0-95266600-1424301971.pngpost-3005-0-50452700-1424301972.pngpost-3005-0-02521700-1424301973_thumb.pnpost-3005-0-51013400-1424301973_thumb.pn
  • Ore Blocks - Quality & Units that quality gives, Metal/Resource (Tin for Cass, Copper for Tetra, Redstone for Cryolite, etc), Includes message if Useless
    post-3005-0-00998800-1424301965.pngpost-3005-0-05410300-1424301974.pngpost-3005-0-04386200-1424301975.pngpost-3005-0-56582100-1424301975.png

And here's a list of what I will not add (at least for now):
  • Mob/Entity HUDs - This is an entire project in itself, and may be added at a later version, but it will not be added for 79.16. This would be information such as if a cow is ready to be milked, familiarity, pregnancy progress, gender, age, etc.
  • Container Contents - I know there is already a WAILA addon out there for TFC that displays a vessel's contents when looking at one placed on the ground, or the specific tool when looking at it on a tool rack, but that addon was written using scala, and not java, so the way it handles things are a bit different. I may implement this in a future version, but once again it is simply too complicated to add for 79.16.
  • Information that can only be seen when holding a tool - This is stuff like the nutrients on a plot of farmland, or hydration of crops. This is not stuff that can be learned by using a tool to break the block (such as ore quality).

I plan on going through all the tile entities and blocks and adding WAILA support where I think it's needed, but I'd like your input as well in case I miss something. So what information would you like to see in the WAILA HUD?

Kitty,

Those additions are great.

Would it be possible to:

1. Add the Fruit Tree Wood and Fruit Tree Leaves to show similar information to the Berry Bushes?

2. The remaining time left for the torch?

3. Log piles to show what is in the storage (eg, 4 x Oak Logs, 4 x Acacia Logs, 2 x Hickory Logs). This way we can see what is inside the pile without having to open the gui.

4. Ingot Piles to show the total number of ingots in the pile.

5. Anvil to show if it has a hammer (like BF tuyere) and flux, maybe even to amount of flux.

6. Clay, Dirt, Farmland, Grass, Gravel and Sand to show the rock type (eg. limestone, chalk etc)

Thanks

1. The wood will just show what type of tree it is (Banana, Apple, Cherry, etc). I do plan on making the leaf blocks do the same thing as the berry bushes.

2. Should be easy enough. It might be a bit off because of the config option, but I'll definitely try adding it.

3. Yes, since it's only 4 slots I can definitely do that.

4. Yup, and I'll make sure it shows the name of the ingot as well.

5. I didn't plan on doing a hammer indicator because the hammer already displays on top of the anvil if there is one. I'll see if I can add the flux amount though.

6. I can do that for dirt, grass, gravel and sand, but there's no point in doing it for clay or farmland because it doesn't matter. The clay gives you clay, and the farmland doesn't give you anything when broken, and the stone type doesn't affect anything. The only possible reason I can think of for wanting to know the stone type of farmland is if you want to use that same type of dirt to expand, and you didn't use the dirt native to that area, and you don't remember what kind of dirt you did use.

Wow! Nice Kitty! This is definitely a good addon.  But I have a few suggestions.

1. Campfire/Forge Fuel status and temperature

2. What type of sheet or trap door is made of like iron ingot and steel plate

3.Again, for the campfire, cooking status like warm, light, rare, dark

Well I hope you like them!

1. I can do a fuel count, but a heat reading is essentially useless because the heat of the forge/fire pit is independent from the heat of the item inside of it. So knowing that a fire pit is currently at Dark Red** doesn't help you at all when the item inside is at Warming*.

2. I'll look into it, but it will be low priority since that information really doesn't tell you anything or affect gameplay.

3. That's so dependent on the item currently cooking that it isn't really feasible. Also, when cooking something in the firepit it takes such a short period of time that you shouldn't be walking away from it and coming back anyways.

So the big project that I've been working on for 79.16 has been official WAILA support for TFC blocks and tile entities. This is what has been completed so far:[...]

this is great, I love it, the reason why I switched from playing 0.79.15 to playing in the developer environment.Thank you!

Great effort Kitty!

The main reason I still play and enjoy TFC is the continued support and true love you show for the project Kitty.

Thank you for all you do, your efforts are legend with all the fans and followers.

Respect !

TG.

0.79.16 is officially released. I've added support for essentially all tile entities except for the protection meter, as well as some normal blocks.

Thank you so much for the WAILA support and the bug fixing in general. <3 Great update.

It's already been said, but this truly is great! The update as a whole is really welcome. I think it shows you're listening to what the players are saying in terms of how the game plays and I for one appreciate it. Thank you!

[Feel free to strike this comment for not adding to the conversation but I just had to say it.] ;)

Amazing update, could you also make a official support for NEI? :)

Amazing update, could you also make a official support for NEI? :)

NEI doesn't offer an API that modders can use to create official support for it's HUD, so no.

Edit: If you're talking about NEI support for the recipe aspect of the mod, we already officially promote use of the TFC NEI Addon.

http://terrafirmacraft.com/f/topic/6733-tfc-07915-terrafirmacraft-nei-plugin/

Edited by Kittychanley

In my opinion WAILA is one of the worst things that has happened to Minecraft, right after the implementation of wolves. I don't get why people need an addon to tell the the most basic things, like that they are looking at a stone or that it is raining. But for some reason it feels like today's gamers are no longer able to process even the simplest things without an app telling them what to do.

And then WAILA supports lazy devs, because they no longer have to add visual features to the game, because WAILA tells the user everything. Let's take for example the TFC barrel, which is - beside the update bug - a well implemented block. If there is a fluid inside, then a simple look is enough to tell how much the barrel is filled up, because the block "says" so by it's visual appearance. If it contains items or is sealed, you can no longer tell what's inside, but that is perfectly reasonable, because... duh there is a cover on top! It forces the player to be a bit organized or at least use their memory, like human beings have done it for thousands of years.

WAILA makes all that unnecessary, and you can just cramp everything everywhere, no longer need to think or plan or organize anything, WAILA will do everything for you. No longer need to dig the ground to tell the composition, WAILA tells you by just looking. No more memorization of tree types, you no longer need to know if horns means male or female cow, basically WAILA dumbs down everything to a point where it feels like playing an excel sheet with advanced graphics. And especially with TFC I don't see how this adds more challenge or believability.

Official WAILA support was added to the game because without it, WAILA was actually showing players wrong information. So you'd look at an oak tree, and WAILA would say it's an aspen log. The primary focus of this addition was to correct all of those inconsistencies, and then in addition add some basic WAILA functionality that is expected when having the mod installed.

If you don't like WAILA, then don't use it. But please don't bitch about other players using it on this forum when I personally spent so much time making it so that they were able to.

I am not using it and I am not criticizing the amount of time you have spent on this, I am sorry if it sounded that way. I am criticizing WAILA in general, and I think this would be the post where users would ask for even more WAILA support.

Not sure your logic here. You don't like WAILA, which is fine. You don't use it, which is fine. The great thing is others using it has no effect on you. This topic was made by Kitty to determine what config a WAILA users would like to customise it to how they like to use is. It is certainly no place to denigrate her efforts or to hop on a soapbox. You may not have intended to be rude, but you were. If you have a fundamental issue with WAILA then head over to http://www.mobiusstrip.eu and berate the dev. Be warned ProfMobius is extraordinarily kind and hugely respected across the modded minecraft community, so don't expect rudeness to be tolerated any more than it is here.

I don't usually use WAILA, I agree with the argument that it takes away some of the immersion of the game. But, and is a big but, whenever I am trying a new Resource Pack I like to have WAILA, some artists make a wonderfull work with the textures, but so different from the regular ones that it takes a while to get used to the new textures. I think we should be grateful for all the work that Kitty put into this compatibility. People who dont like WAILA are not forced to use it.

My protest was about that part where WAILA tends to make devs lazy (not saying that this is or will happen in any way with the TFC devs, just a statement).

If you no longer need to think about how to properly display progress or states of objects in game because WAILA does that for you, then it will very much affect my gameplay.

If you no longer need to think about how to properly display progress or states of objects in game because WAILA does that for you, then it will very much affect my gameplay.

Could you please explain how me using WAILA in my single player games affects how you play the game?

Or provide one example of a mod dev being lazy due to WAILA.

If you don't like WAILA, then don't use it. But please don't bitch about other players using it on this forum when I personally spent so much time making it so that they were able to.

That's pretty much the same argument I and some other people made in that poll about the magic of TFC which you disagreed with profusely. Does this mean you have changed your mind? I think that's great :)

All I can say is WOW!

I had to search for what WAILA was.

One reason I would probably use this is to see when fruits are going ready for harvesting.

Olives are particularly hard to spot when they are ripe, and since thsy have become such a major part of the mod it's annoying missing the harvest because you didn't see those slightly darker green fruits against the dark green leaves...

And as for this making devs lazy - I can't really see how this would be the case - the TFC "world" has a great look and feel about it.

The only slight minus is that it tells you whether an ore is normal, rich or poor.  Part of the "magic" for me is not knowing until you actually mine a block (is it rich?  is it poor?  yeah it's rich!!!)...

Oh well, you get something, you give something...