Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Damjancd

How to increase difficulty of TFC while staying moderately realistic?

32 posts in this topic

Enviromine displays body temperature, not ambient temperature. Does the mod even look at the ambient temperature TFC reports in the F3 console? If you're at the equator, would you die of heat stroke? Without the camelbak for hydration, i see some problems with enviromine+TFC...

I'm pretty sure Enviromine does display ambient temperature, they just don't tell it to you in numbers. 

The temp bar has a white circle and two black arrows that both move separately. One shows body temperature, the other shows ambient temperature. The body temperature icon will slowly move towards the ambient temperature icon.

Anyways Enviromines is very configurable, and you can change how each consumable, biome, armor, blocks, and held items/tools effect temprature. The hard part is finding all the id's for the biomes/blocks/items, and making it make work in a balanced way.

While Enviromine does display temperatures, what Terex is likely asking is if that temperature is one that Enviromine pulled out of nothing, or if it actually correlates with the current temperature that TFC lists on the F3 debug menu. If I had to guess, Enviromine is picking a temperature completely on it's own, and doesn't even realize that the TFC temperature system exists.

Lots of work to do, but I got a script that may interest you get it here It makes the start of the game longer.

@Djakuta, that's really cool. Maybe it's possible to get together a bunch of stuff tweaks and changes that make up a much more grueling, slower, harsher survival in TFC?

I wish, but I am no coder, so scripting that took me 2 days. Is a slow process for me. I understand the concept, but had to test the recipes and make sure they all work.

My ambition is that someone will notice this and make it into an addon.

Is still a work in progress hence the 0.2 version.If you have the time read my post in making stone age longer and help with suggestions for recipes.

One of the things I need to find is how hard it would be to add some items, them we could really tweak.

Adding items and blocks is easy. Tabula Rasa is easy. Quandrum (sp?) is more challenging, but more powerful.