Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Miner239

[Breaks Rule #1]Using Large Vessels to Process Grain

5 posts in this topic

In this suggestion, I propose to add a functionality to Large Vessels. No more flatbreads!

You could store grains, flours and doughs inside the vessel in a liquid form. Every .5 oz of grain is 1 mB(25 stack). Every .8 oz of flour is 1 mB(40 stack, but you need to give space for water, so it's 20). The grains and flours can only be inserted at the multiples of the above. Decay is nearly stopped when the vessel is sealed, otherwise goes at half rate. Make dough by adding water from a barrel/vessel. You could then seal it, shift-right click it to the ground and fire it. There are two ways to set the level of cooking, either by using different amount of logs or stopping the fire pit after some hours. I 

... Soo.... that's it. Any questions?

Hmm, there's already burlap cloth ingame, and for now it has no use, but I'm pretty sure it will be used to conserve grain, maybe by making a bag with them.

... Then? What do you do with the bag, putting it on a chest? Placing it on the world(oh i'd love this one)? 

But then, I don't know how to make burlap cloth. 

Burlap cloth can be made with jute instead of strings or wool yarns in a loom. Anyway don't ask me what we'll do with the bag. Mine was just an idea. Nothing is written in stone for the next version, I was just saying that other food preservation methods are planned and grain could have its own too. I don't know yet how it works, at least until it's in the game.

EDIT: 12 jute fibers should be required: http://wiki.terrafirmacraft.com/Cloth

There has been a few topics on grain preservation. This is were kitty revealed the burlap sac which will be used to preserve grains, it just isn't implimented.

Large vessels do not effect decay.

As grain preservation has been discussed and there are numerous topic of changing cooking I'm locking this topic. Please continue discussion in existing threads.