Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
TonyLiberatto

[TFC 0.79.15] Minetweaker - StoneAgeCraft V 0.3

26 posts in this topic

A while ago I made a post about extending Stone Age, Here

The main idea is that you need to evolve agriculture before you can go into metal age.

So I made a script that changes TFC so you can't have metal tools until you have enough agriculture to make a sandwich.

Those are the changes:

Use a axe with a log to get Lumber.

Make working bench with 4 lumber.

That will give access to all full grid recipes.

To make planks you need a saw in the crafting grid.

to make metal tools you need a sandwich in the crafting grid.

To Install you need minetweaker and put the script in a scripts folder inside .minecraft.

Download script Here

This is a work in progress. The idea is to make terrafirmacraft in itself longer, so you have to spend more time and survive in stone age probably for the first winter. I dont kknow how well it will actually play, comments and suggestions are welcome. Also if you know how to clean up the script all help is appreciated.

If you just want to try this out we have a server set up, go HERE

This tread is for discussions about the script only.

Updated to v.o.2

Posted Image

Download Link for Minetweaker  use the 1.7.10 version.

Changelog:

V 0.1.4 -  Fixed a bug where only Oat sandwiches were accepted.

-  Change sequence of versions and started with 0.1

v 0.3 fixed recipe for quern hadstone, it now accepts any loose roock

Edited by Djakuta

I haven't tested, but I suspect one serious flaw in this. How do you make a sandwich when you need a metal chisel and a metal pickaxe to make a quern in order to make bread?

Well since everyone is probably thinking it and noone wants to say it, making sandwhiches a pre-requiste for metal tools makes no sense whatsoever

The suggestion of agriculture 1st, then metal tools has been described several times on the forums

It was usually suggested as to require the 1st harvest before you can make straw, which does make sense. Several members on this forum were in favor of the change.

It would not be adapted in TFC main as it would force players into a particular playstyle. It would also make PVP competition base raids even more devastating than they currently are

But for cooperative modded games, it could work.

Alternatively the addition of a tool needed for metal tools that was made from agricultural products (for at least the 1st one. You could also make metal tool counterparts once you have lots of metal and metalworking capacity you wouldn't needed the agriculture product version anymore). I can't think of a agriculture product tool input for metal tools (other than straw) off the top of my head, but maybe someone else can think of one if this idea is desireable

I haven't tested, but I suspect one serious flaw in this. How do you make a sandwich when you need a metal chisel and a metal pickaxe to make a quern in order to make bread?

Thanks for pointing out kitty.

Yeah I know is not Realistic or believable, Neither is someone alone stranded in a strange world to get metal tools in days or weeks. But is a game, and if done properly it may be fun.

My Initial idea was to make the player too weak to mine, so they would need to improve their health before they could start mining.

As for the quern the best solution would be a mortar and pestle. Since I am no coder and have no idea how to add a item to the game, I will probably just create a recipe that will give the quern as a output. ( Again totally unbelievable)

Now if someone knows code enough to create this as addon I would just love it.

People had made first metal tools from nuggets and pieces of ore which they found on the surface. But idea with quern is good: bread and flour were before first metal tools appeared.

Is not just about what comes first historically, is also about survival. I always imagine that steve is a cast away in a strange world where he arrives with nothing, but his clothes. How believable it is that he can get to copper, bronze and sometimes even iron before his first winter?

Another thing is that I always enjoy more the start of the mod, while in stone age, so I wanted it to last longer.

As I posted in making TFC harder it is quite easy to create items in game now with tabula rasa from CoFH. If you need help with it let me know, as I used it in my modpack.

Sorry to be a bother, but I am looking on google for the last 45 minutes and could not find any kind of instructions on how to use tabula rasa. I downloaded the mod and put in my mods folder, it created a config file but is not that helpfull. Do you have any idea where could I go to get help? Is there any in game commands? Do we just edit that config file? How do we actually create and add the textures for the items?

There are no instructions. Basically you enter in the number of blocks or items you want. Restart instance. This will update config to have the number of blocks/items you entered. You can then enter the range of meta data you want for each block/item. Restart again and it will generate them all and update config. For blocks you then enter the name, the hardness, the blast resistance and the name of the texture. For items you just need name and texture.

So say you wanted a jet block. Name would be Block of Jet. Not sure hardness or resistance, check MC wiki to get idea. Texture would be tabularasa:texturefilename. Say tabularasa:blockJet. You then need to give a texture via resourcepack. All you'll need is assets/tabularasa/textures/blockJet.png.

Take a look at my repo for more. Hope that helps. I added ore piles for each ore for example.

I'm trying to add a item to the pack. This is my Tabularasa config file:

# Configuration file

block {

feature {
        # The number of blocks that you would like to add. [range: 0 ~ 16, default: 1]
        I:BlockCount=0
    }

block0 {
        D:Hardness.0=1.5
        D:Hardness.1=1.5
        D:Hardness.10=1.5
        D:Hardness.11=1.5
        D:Hardness.12=1.5
        D:Hardness.13=1.5
        D:Hardness.14=1.5
        D:Hardness.15=1.5
        D:Hardness.2=1.5
        D:Hardness.3=1.5
        D:Hardness.4=1.5
        D:Hardness.5=1.5
        D:Hardness.6=1.5
        D:Hardness.7=1.5
        D:Hardness.8=1.5
        D:Hardness.9=1.5
        S:Name.0=BlockRasa
        S:Name.1=BlockRasa
        S:Name.10=BlockRasa
        S:Name.11=BlockRasa
        S:Name.12=BlockRasa
        S:Name.13=BlockRasa
        S:Name.14=BlockRasa
        S:Name.15=BlockRasa
        S:Name.2=BlockRasa
        S:Name.3=BlockRasa
        S:Name.4=BlockRasa
        S:Name.5=BlockRasa
        S:Name.6=BlockRasa
        S:Name.7=BlockRasa
        S:Name.8=BlockRasa
        S:Name.9=BlockRasa
        D:Resistance.0=10.0
        D:Resistance.1=10.0
        D:Resistance.10=10.0
        D:Resistance.11=10.0
        D:Resistance.12=10.0
        D:Resistance.13=10.0
        D:Resistance.14=10.0
        D:Resistance.15=10.0
        D:Resistance.2=10.0
        D:Resistance.3=10.0
        D:Resistance.4=10.0
        D:Resistance.5=10.0
        D:Resistance.6=10.0
        D:Resistance.7=10.0
        D:Resistance.8=10.0
        D:Resistance.9=10.0
        S:Texture.0=tabularasa:RasaBlock
        S:Texture.1=tabularasa:RasaBlock
        S:Texture.10=tabularasa:RasaBlock
        S:Texture.11=tabularasa:RasaBlock
        S:Texture.12=tabularasa:RasaBlock
        S:Texture.13=tabularasa:RasaBlock
        S:Texture.14=tabularasa:RasaBlock
        S:Texture.15=tabularasa:RasaBlock
        S:Texture.2=tabularasa:RasaBlock
        S:Texture.3=tabularasa:RasaBlock
        S:Texture.4=tabularasa:RasaBlock
        S:Texture.5=tabularasa:RasaBlock
        S:Texture.6=tabularasa:RasaBlock
        S:Texture.7=tabularasa:RasaBlock
        S:Texture.8=tabularasa:RasaBlock
        S:Texture.9=tabularasa:RasaBlock
    }

}

item {

feature {
        # The number of items that you would like to add. [range: 0 ~ 16, default: 1]
        I:ItemCount=1
    }

item0 {
        # Number of contiguous metadata entries for this item. [range: 1 ~ 32000, default: 16]
        I:Count=1
        S:Name.0=Cordage        
        S:Texture.0=tabularasa:Cordage        
    }

}

This is the texture pack I am loading the texture pack but the image does not show in game.

Texture pack Here

I appreciate if someone could check this and figure it out what am I doing wrong.

I have no idea. It all looks fine to me. I'll try and test it out for you in a little bit.

I even tried different images with 16, 32 and 64  but with the same result. It gives me the impression that tabularasa is calling for a different name for the texture and then it cant find it.

Seems a crafting recipe is glitched, the quern top (aka. the grindstone) is not working (and yes I used the exact rock.)

Well i put exactly what you did in my Tabula Rasa config and then used your resource pack and it worked for me. I am having a weird issue where I need to unzip the resource packs for them to be recognized, probably a mac thing.

I will take a look, thanks for the info, fixed.

I am using a unziped copy of the texture pack, so that is not the issue. I think I will create another instance specifically for testing this. Question is it possible to use minetweaker to create recipes using the knapping gui? Or the Clay ?

No it is not possible to do that without a modtweaker module being built from the TFC API or having an add-on do it.

I have no idea what is wrong, loaded resource pack

Posted Image

then in game image does not show

Posted Image

The important thing here is not this specific item, is for me to learn how to work with these tools.

I'm at a complete loss as to why this isn't working for you. everything is the same for me. I have the info put the way you do and then using your resource pack with no changes it works. The other changes you have made (I saw some minecraft and TFC items in resource pack) did they work? As for as I can tell you are doing it correctly.

It's a long shot, but make sure there are no spaces after the word Cordage for the location of texture.

Edit: Just tested in my setup and if you inadvertently put a space at end of texture location in cfg it will break it.

This texture is the same from your pack, I just edited the name and images, I was not sure if the minecraft and TFC folders were needed so I left it there.

I works, I am using Notepad ++ but somehow a space got there, as soon as I edited the file it worked. Thanks for the tip.

As per the first Addons & Applications forum rule regarding third party mod modifications:

Provide a link to the mod
  • ​You must provide a link to the mod you are editing files for. This link should be to the forum post or website of the mod, and not a direct download link.

This post is a third party mod modification of the mod Minetweaker, because you are providing Minetweaker scripts. Therefore your OP must include a link to the forum post or website of Minetweaker so that players can download it.

we made a sandwich but still the metal pick is not comin out of sandwich+pic head+ stick as on photo pls check...or we need a full sandwich with cheese too?

Nah, regular sandwich should work. I will take a look. Unfortunately our regular Darkagecraft server was hosted with TrueWorldGaming and they got hacked, so I am very busy fixing a new server to replace that one.

Just posting here to let you know that I have not forgotten this server and will fix it latter on today.