Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sladki

[TFC 0.79.29] Automated Bellows Addon - Pottery Kiln, Water Filter, Shields

85 posts in this topic

Conflict with Mekanism over an ID

source: disappears with bellows disabled

Description: Initializing game

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Duplicate id: SteamBoiler
at net.minecraft.tileentity.TileEntity.func_145826_a(TileEntity.java:43)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.registry.GameRegistry.registerTileEntity(GameRegistry.java:281)
at mekanism.common.Mekanism.addEntities(Mekanism.java:1026)
at mekanism.common.Mekanism.init(Mekanism.java:1198)

It looks like there might be an error somewhere. I have set up my automated bellows, they are fueled and ready to go, but.... I pop the lever and nothing happens. I have it on the 6sec delay option, it looks like I have it set up correctly. Could use any suggestions XD Have tried with just TFC and bellows addon and still nothing. Maybe its because im running it on a server?

Unfortunately i'm new to forums and have no idea to make a 'spoiler' or post images.

If you intend in posting frequently and actively participating in the discussion in this forum I would recommend signing up for a document website and also a picture/image website. Those the ones I use:

http://imgur.com/   This works good for images, you create an account upload your images and paste the link into any post here.

http://pastebin.com/    This one works good for documents, such as crash reports or logs.

Also the way to create spoilers is like this [spoiler.] place image or long text here [/spoiler.] without the dots.

BTW I am not affiliated with those websites, they are free services that many people use.

Edited by TonyLiberatto

It looks like there might be an error somewhere. I have set up my automated bellows, they are fueled and ready to go, but.... I pop the lever and nothing happens. I have it on the 6sec delay option, it looks like I have it set up correctly. Could use any suggestions XD Have tried with just TFC and bellows addon and still nothing. Maybe its because im running it on a server?

Unfortunately i'm new to forums and have no idea to make a 'spoiler' or post images.

Is the Bellow Driver block facing correctly?

Edited by Sladki

Would be nice to have a config file to be able to disable any of the added things in this mod. So, for instance the auto bellows would not conflict with Mekanism.

How are the auto bellows conflicting with Mek?

Did you add one of these mods to an existing world? Is it crashing on load or when opening a world. If when opening a world can you successfully create a new world? In 1.7.10 mods don't assign ID numbers and so they shouldn't be conflicting. However I do know of mods that seem to be unable to deal with their IDs being shifted when a new mod is added to instance.

I added the automated bellows to an existing modpack which is most likely the issue...actually its your technodefirmacraft one. It crashes before minecraft gets a chance to load up. It isn't a huge deal....just like the pottery kiln...I can live without it but thought I would mention it here.

That duplicate ID crash actually has to do with the tile entity ID's, not the block IDs. Both mods have a tile entity named SteamBoiler and tile entities don't preface their id's with mod names so it's fairly common that you'll end up with two mods using the same ID if they don't manually preface it with their mod name.

Ah thanks Kitty...i am no good at reading and/or interpreting the crash reports. I just troubleshoot the best way I can :)

Can't seem to get the bellows to work. I've got everything set up, but upon hitting the lever at 1 second activation, nothing happens.

On 6/5/2016 at 0:10 AM, thechap909 said:

Can't seem to get the bellows to work. I've got everything set up, but upon hitting the lever at 1 second activation, nothing happens.

I'm having the same issue. I've been playing for weeks with this mod installed, but only now managed to find redstone! What version of TFC are you running? I wonder if it's not compatible with the latest and greatest? The kiln works fine though, so it's possible it's user error too. :/ Can anyone else confirm that the automated bellows works properly with .79.29?

UPDATE (0.79.29) (Forge 1.7.10-10.13.4.1558-1.7.10)

Added config options to disable the addon parts.

Added a shield (BETA)

zPXbUNi.png

Seems, that both automatedbellows and cellarsaddon works fine only with 1.8 java, and cause crash with 1.7 java:

Caused by: java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: sladki/tfc/Cellars : Unsupported major.minor version 52.0

Can anybody confirm this?

2 hours ago, ciekma said:

Seems, that both automatedbellows and cellarsaddon works fine only with 1.8 java, and cause crash with 1.7 java:

Caused by: java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: sladki/tfc/Cellars : Unsupported major.minor version 52.0

Can anybody confirm this?

Yes, they are. Should I revert back to 1.7?

Personally I don't care, I'm using 1.8, my friends tried to run server with my modpack and reported crash, I was curious if outdated java is a reason. they upgraded java and all is working ok.

On 3/5/2015 at 7:10 PM, Kittychanley said:

It's 'wasteful' because it's expensive recipes for adding automation to something that doesn't need to be automated. Why spend all those resources on something to pump the bellows when you yourself only have to pump it like 3 times?

That's why I experiment to all heck with every mechanic

To figure out all its bits so I don't do unneeded stuff like that

So, the bellows automator seems very much unnecessary and expensive, it pulls you down more than anything.

The pottery kiln seems nice, but its really easy to craft for the amount of savings it offers, you basicly use 2 logs for 4 pottery items, which seems a tad OP, maibe have us need 4 logs to fire 4 items at max? It still saves us 4 logs and 8 straw, which again, dunno, I could do with even more balancing.

I see the water filter really unnecessary as you could just make a bunch of barrels out in the open to collect water...I have 4 at the moment and I have no problems with it (and we are two players that constantly use them) 

Shields would be very nice! At the moment I just cannot fight skeletons at all man, even one kicks me butt! Only thing I want to say is couldn't we get bronze and copper variants too? They would block the same but would have less durability, kind of like all the rest of the tools in TFC

3 hours ago, EndR20 said:

So, the bellows automator seems very much unnecessary and expensive, it pulls you down more than anything.

The pottery kiln seems nice, but its really easy to craft for the amount of savings it offers, you basicly use 2 logs for 4 pottery items, which seems a tad OP, maibe have us need 4 logs to fire 4 items at max? It still saves us 4 logs and 8 straw, which again, dunno, I could do with even more balancing.

I see the water filter really unnecessary as you could just make a bunch of barrels out in the open to collect water...I have 4 at the moment and I have no problems with it (and we are two players that constantly use them) 

Shields would be very nice! At the moment I just cannot fight skeletons at all man, even one kicks me butt! Only thing I want to say is couldn't we get bronze and copper variants too? They would block the same but would have less durability, kind of like all the rest of the tools in TFC

Not really expensive. It can help when you are smelting large amount of ore and making ingots at the same time in cold regions or with a small furnace.

It is balanced. It is annoying and weird to make pits just for four items while you have blast furnace or even top tier steel.

You can't make an irrigation system for your crops with barrels.

I'll add recipes for all "tool" metals and for a wooden one (and make them work with axes). Current shield is for testing it's mechanic, it will be removed later.

Edited by Sladki

2 hours ago, Sladki said:

Not really expensive. It can help when you are smelting large amount of ore and making ingots at the same time in cold regions or with a small furnace.

It is balanced. It is annoying and weird to make pits just for four items while you have blast furnace or even top tier steel.

You can't make an irrigation system for your crops with barrels.

I'll add recipes for all "tool" metals and for a wooden one (and make them work with axes). Current shield is for testing it's mechanic, it will be removed later.

Even kitty said it only takes 2-3 bellow blows to get enough heat, after that, it just wastes coal

It is, but that doesn't mean we should be able to make everything at a quartered (even more that that) cost of materials, but I guess it works.

True, but I thought a water ,,filter,, wasn't supposed to be used as a water ,,mover...,, there are buckets made for that, red and blue steel ones, but tbh they don't make sense. Am I the only one that thinks the filter shouldn't be exploited to create water sources wherever you want??

That's nice, I just want the wood one myself, I'm not much of a fighter :-P

1 hour ago, EndR20 said:

Even kitty said it only takes 2-3 bellow blows to get enough heat, after that, it just wastes coal

It is, but that doesn't mean we should be able to make everything at a quartered (even more that that) cost of materials, but I guess it works.

True, but I thought a water ,,filter,, wasn't supposed to be used as a water ,,mover...,, there are buckets made for that, red and blue steel ones, but tbh they don't make sense. Am I the only one that thinks the filter shouldn't be exploited to create water sources wherever you want??

That's nice, I just want the wood one myself, I'm not much of a fighter :-P

2-3 blows when your "batch" of ore already hot enough. I throw ore and coal, cast two ingots and make a double ingot, so I have to blow and wait after each made double ingot without an automator.

Logs and straw are cheap as dirt. There is huge difference between chopping down one and two trees.

It is not "mover", it is "converter": hot water can't irrigate crops. It does not create water sources.

Gotcha on the bellows I guess, I'll have to experiment

If you gotta chop 2 you spend 2x the time with it, so yes it is a huge difference, but you know I just realized, with how many trees you chop for charcoal, only needing 4 logs might actually be nice

Ow, I didn't know, but maibe its INTENDED to be that way then? Dunno why you shouldn't be able to irrigate crops with it tho....its water after all, its just hot ;_; But if it can create a source in front of it if there's a stream behind it, you could just keep going with it endlessly and get all the water your need which seems OP. Or does it only work if the water flow behind it is salty or hot? Then I guess its understandable.