Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
OneWolfe

[TFC 0.79.29] TerraFirmaPunk - HQM SteamPunk Adventures

122 posts in this topic

The pack is now updated to 0.79.29. :D

Posted Image

TerraFirmaPunk(TFP) is a HQM (Hardcore Quest Mode) mod pack built around TerraFirmaCraft(TFC) and introduces SteamPunk and industrial age mechanics blended with gritty Jules Verne style adventuring through lost cities, vast wilderness, sunken steam ships and maybe even to the center of the earth.

The technology in this pack is introduced at a slow steady pace that is kept on par with the standard TFC progression where each level of advancement is built on top of the previous levels.

The mobs have been significantly altered and many now come equiped with their own steam powered technology and enhanced AIs that will give all but the most warry adventure a tough challenge. Some abandoned buildings may even contain special boss monsters that will even be challenging for small groups.

The quest book is not only a hands on guide to all of the TFC basics but also contains hundereds of hidden challenges, puzzles and secret quests that can only be unlocked when the right conditions are met.

TerraFirmaPunk is still a WIP however the quest book is complete, all of the quests are functional and the pack is fully playable. This pack can be found on the FTB launcher (http://feed-the-beast.com/launcher) through a third party pack code: TerraFirmaPunk

For more information about TerraFirmaPunk come visit me on the FTB forum thread here: http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/1-7-10-terrafirmapunk-terrafirmacraft-steampunk.53519/ or my YouTube Channel here: https://www.youtube.com/user/MrOneWolfe

Pack Code: TerraFirmaPunk

Mods included:

TerraFirmaCraft
Galena/Limonite Extraction for TFC
Lanterns for TFC
Leather Water Sac for TFC
Antique Atlas
Archimedes Ships
Armor Status HUD
BiblioCraft
Carpenter's Blocks
Cogs of the Machine
CritterPet
DamageIndicators
DynamicLights
ElectriCraft
GraveStones
Hardcore Quest Mode
Infernal Mobs
MeteorCraft
Necromancy
Not Enough Items
Ruins
Professor Flaxbeard's Wondrous Steam Power
RailCraft
Ropes+
RotaryCraft
Sound Filters
Streams
TerraMisc
Tubes
Twilight Forest
WAILA
Zombie Awareness

Edited by OneWolfe

Your topic has been moved to the newly created Mod Pack subforum. Please update your OP accordingly to make sure that it is following the rules of this subforum. Feel free to ask if you have any questions.

Thanks for posting this here, OneWolfe. Been playing this modpack for a while now, good fun indeed!

I was giving a tour of this modpack by MrOneWolfe and really enjoyed the additional 'SteamPunk' features. TFC as a whole takes time and the addition of questing and the various new mods gives you a sense of accomplishing things naturally along the way. 

If you are interested in a comprehensive and unique look at TFC I'd greatly encourage TerraFirmaPunk!

-Honney

Cheers! Update Version 0.0.17 is here with some cool new features!

Posted Image

It looks like version 0.0.17 was pushed out sooner than expected, so here is a quick change log:
  • MultiMine added.
  • Dragon API, RotaryCraft, ElectriCraft ect. updated, and the annoying out of date message suppressed, for now ...
  • NEI updated.
  • Water Compatibility Mod added. It still does not work with Flaxbeards so a vanilla bucket is still required.
  • Steam Zombies nerfed. They no longer regen or have sun blocking hats! (I really hated spending half the day clearing up the left over steam zombies)
  • Spawn rates altered, there should now be a higher rate of special (Twilight Forest) mobs.
  • Normal Zombies and Steam Zombies may appear with unique names.
  • Various Recipes Fix/Added. Vanilla Sticks are craftable, TFC sticks can be crafted from lumber using a hammer, Slimeballs are craftable by smashing rotten flesh with a hammer, Rock Salt is once again craftable with a hammer.
  • Enchanting Table recipe changed.
  • Gems are upgrade-able, similar to Diablo II.
  • Railcraft Lanterns are craftable.
  • Enchanted items added as quest rewards.
  • Various quests added, updated or moved. Chapter 12 should begin to open up around the middle of chapter 2 (150 rep required). Chapter 11 boss mob quests are flushed out and require 1000 rep to unlock the first quests.
  • Over 100 loot back categories have been added. Rewards include everything from rotten flesh, full life hearts, and basic mechanics tool kit all the way up to specialized rotarycraft items and even unique and powerful named weapons.
  • Several ruins have been added as shown in the picture above. The foreground ruin was my blocky rendition of the liberty head, burried in the dirt, from the old Planet of the Apes, and in the background is a light house that may contain a special boss.

In other news I recently started a play through series of this pack with my buddy Spud_Gunn. The series should cover some of the tricks and secrets I have built into the pack so its definitely worth checking out.

So last night I was testing some of the final boss fights and found that when I summon an Ender Dragon in the overworld and kill it. The game goes through the usual animation effects for the end. Then once the animation stops the game crashes and I am unable to get back into that world. My guess is that an End Portal is generated and somehow corrupts the world.

I would really like to have a dragon fight as the final piece to my quest book so I would love to hear any ideas or suggestions. :D

Hey just saying that i would love to see a server of this modpack :D Also have you considert putting traincraft in the modpack?

Hey just saying that i would love to see a server of this modpack :D Also have you considert putting traincraft in the modpack?

Thanks, I will put you on the list :D

I did not realize that traincraft had updated, I will have to look into it. Thank you :D

New Improved Hedge Maze!

Posted Image

Cool mod, played it and it's pretty nice It would be cool to see a server with this mod

however, I think it experiences mayor momory leakage, it exceeds the alocated 2GB of memory within minutes and ultimatelly forces my computer to use the page file, even though i have 16GB of ram, I think this is a bit absurd, I don't know if this is the mod makers fault, your fault or Mojang's fault and their decision to make a game in the worst language ever made, besides the fact that they are so lazy that there are mods to make it perform better, if this was a propperly programmed game, such mods should not exist, but the modpack would be ever more playable if this could be fixed

ALTGC Podcast Interviews TerraFirmaPunk:

sooo.... that means we maybe will have a server in a week? :D

sooo.... that means we maybe will have a server in a week? :D

It should be fairly soon B)

Onewolfe can i go to your future server :P?

Edited by Remolacha

Excellent mod!   Downloading it now! Cant wait for the server!

:D

Greetings,

First off let me say thanks for putting this mod pack together.  I'm having lots of fun exploring the extra content added to TFC, i just started a couple of days ago with the modpack. 

I'm not sure where best to leave feed back but I 've found a couple of issues that I wanted to ask about:

1.  Lost my Barrel on death.  I died foolishly trying to mine on the surface at night, still getting used to the mob AI.  I was able to recover my gravestone and all my stuff with the big exception of the barrel i had on my back.  I looked all over for it but couldn't find it, I was in a one block wide trench I was digging so there wasn't much room for the stuff to go.  My guess is that the gravestone mod might not support the barrel/back slot?  I lost twelve vessles, some spare pick and sword parts, along with a lot of sandwiches.  Not a big deal, but I think i'll disable the gravestone mod for now...

*Edit:  I tried disabling the gravestone mod, but the game just crashes on startup, so I guess i'll just keep the barrel on the ground and hope I don't die in transit  :/  maybe it was just a one time deal?

2.  Items pop into my crafting grid when I try to set down/use a similar object. One example is if I eat a sandiwch, if I have another in my inventory the second one pops into the crafting grid. Another example is if I try to set a small vessle on the ground any other one in my inventory will pop into the crafting grid.  I also hear a popping sound, I like i'm picking something up when the item pops into the crafting grid.  The main issue is that when I open my inventory after it pops in, if I don't notice, i chuck the thing on the ground.  It seems to occur with lots of items, logs, tools, food, molds, etc.  Its mostly just annying, but i'm not sure what's causing it.  I'm afraid i'll toss something and not notice.

3.  Memory issues.  I think I saw another post that said there might be memory leaks, but i'm maxing out my 6GB really fast.  It's still playable but bogs down any other open window to no end.  I usualy have the wiki open on my second monitor.  I have the FTB launcher set to use 4GB for minecraft, but the taskmanager shows minecraft using like 5GB or more once it's been running for a bit.  I'm not sure if there is anything that can be done, but just wanted to let you know what I was seeing.

I'd also be interested in joining a server running TFP.  I'm pretty new to minecraft, started about six months ago, I've been playing the base TFC since December, TFP is pretty much the first major mod pack i've played around with and I'm really enjoying it, so I think it would great to play on a sever with other people.

Anyways, keep up the good work, thanks.

Cabi

Edited by Cabirus

2.  Items pop into my crafting grid when I try to set down/use a similar object. One example is if I eat a sandiwch, if I have another in my inventory the second one pops into the crafting grid. Another example is if I try to set a small vessle on the ground any other one in my inventory will pop into the crafting grid.  I also hear a popping sound, I like i'm picking something up when the item pops into the crafting grid.  The main issue is that when I open my inventory after it pops in, if I don't notice, i chuck the thing on the ground.  It seems to occur with lots of items, logs, tools, food, molds, etc.  Its mostly just annying, but i'm not sure what's causing it.  I'm afraid i'll toss something and not notice.

got the same problem, its pretty easy to fix though. Normally it should refill the stack for instance while building, but aparently the mod (don't know if it was NEI) doesn't work with TFC so you simply press the 3 dots on the top right of your inventory and disable "auto-refill" that should help.

Also about the Memory i only have 4gb of RAM ive found that it would run better if i only give the half of my complete RAM to FTB so it runs better (2gb for me) also i set down the chunck loading down to 7 and disabled the stuff that makes it just better looking like smooth lighting and graphic setting from fancy to fast and finally i close browser and such aswell while playing and with all that it runs even with 2gb after an hour just on 50% RAM even though i was exploring alot.

hope that helps a bit maybe

Edited by solider1234

Items moving into crafting grid is inventory tweaks. Not sure if onewolf has Kitty's fix for it. Basically as said it is auto refill getting confused by TFC renumbering the hotbar slots.

As for memory, too much ram is as bad as too much. Basically giving it a lot of ram gives it a bigger trash can. The game lags when it has to empty it. The more it has to clear. Try using JVM arguments (search that I'm not at home to give you some, but kitty has posted guides in various threads). By default Java will choose to assign more RAM, over max, rather than crash. This behaviour seems to get worse as you give it more RAM. Start with 2gb with proper JVM arguements and bump it up by 0.5-1g a go. There is no reason to go past 4g.

Wow thanks, I set the auto refill to off and it works like a charm!  So much better.

I'll play around with the memory settings, it's really not that bad in game, so I'm not too worried.

Thanks,

Cabi

Can you explain in detail how you got Cogs of the Machine to work with TFC? I'm very interested in using it my mod pack but there seems to be duplicate functionality and compatibility issues.

Greetings,

First off let me say thanks for putting this mod pack together.  I'm having lots of fun exploring the extra content added to TFC, i just started a couple of days ago with the modpack. 

I'm not sure where best to leave feed back but I 've found a couple of issues that I wanted to ask about:

1.  Lost my Barrel on death.  I died foolishly trying to mine on the surface at night, still getting used to the mob AI.  I was able to recover my gravestone and all my stuff with the big exception of the barrel i had on my back.  I looked all over for it but couldn't find it, I was in a one block wide trench I was digging so there wasn't much room for the stuff to go.  My guess is that the gravestone mod might not support the barrel/back slot?  I lost twelve vessles, some spare pick and sword parts, along with a lot of sandwiches.  Not a big deal, but I think i'll disable the gravestone mod for now...

*Edit:  I tried disabling the gravestone mod, but the game just crashes on startup, so I guess i'll just keep the barrel on the ground and hope I don't die in transit  :/  maybe it was just a one time deal?

3.  Memory issues.  I think I saw another post that said there might be memory leaks, but i'm maxing out my 6GB really fast.  It's still playable but bogs down any other open window to no end.  I usualy have the wiki open on my second monitor.  I have the FTB launcher set to use 4GB for minecraft, but the taskmanager shows minecraft using like 5GB or more once it's been running for a bit.  I'm not sure if there is anything that can be done, but just wanted to let you know what I was seeing.

I'd also be interested in joining a server running TFP.  I'm pretty new to minecraft, started about six months ago, I've been playing the base TFC since December, TFP is pretty much the first major mod pack i've played around with and I'm really enjoying it, so I think it would great to play on a sever with other people.

Anyways, keep up the good work, thanks.

Cabi

Thank you for posting these issues and concerns :D

1. Yes Gravestones deletes anything on you back when you die :( Currently it is heavily tied into MobProperties and the HQM quest book, so yes, disabling causes the pack to crash. I will have to go through the pack with a fine tooth comb and remove all the dangling bits of Gravestones and might replace it with Open Block.

2. I never liked Inventory Tweaks but was requested many many many times to add it into the pack. I didnt know Kitty had a fix for it so I will have to go check it out and see what it does.

3. I also only ever use 2gb so hopefully the other's suggestions have helped.

For the server I was planning to have it up this weekend, but forgot about the big holiday, so I will be letting people on slowly over the next week or so to see how it works out. Thanks for your interest , if I dont send you a direct email on here in the next week feel free to contact me directly on here.

Thank you,

OneWolfe-

Can you explain in detail how you got Cogs of the Machine to work with TFC? I'm very interested in using it my mod pack but there seems to be duplicate functionality and compatibility issues.

I would say that the simplest and most straight forward method would be to change all of the crafting recipes with MineTweaker. Most of the tools and machines interact fairly well with the TFC world. The hardest part of integrating Cogs was probably coming up with a way to craft Galvanized Iron that actually made sense. If I could add a crafting recipes to the TFC anvil I would have an iron or steel ingot welded with a sheet of Zinc, but for now I just have them combined in the crafting grid. Another method I could have used would be to add it to the Flaxbeard's crucible as a dipping recipe where you would have to dip iron ingots into liquid zinc. Dipping recipes can be added with ModTweaker.

I have also included certain parts from Cogs as quest rewards in the HQM book and reward bags. 

I would say that the simplest and most straight forward method would be to change all of the crafting recipes with MineTweaker. Most of the tools and machines interact fairly well with the TFC world. The hardest part of integrating Cogs was probably coming up with a way to craft Galvanized Iron that actually made sense. If I could add a crafting recipes to the TFC anvil I would have an iron or steel ingot welded with a sheet of Zinc, but for now I just have them combined in the crafting grid. Another method I could have used would be to add it to the Flaxbeard's crucible as a dipping recipe where you would have to dip iron ingots into liquid zinc. Dipping recipes can be added with ModTweaker.

I have also included certain parts from Cogs as quest rewards in the HQM book and reward bags. 

Can you *disable* recipes with MineTweaker as well?

Yes. There are a couple of methods to remove recipes. Basic recipes.remove(recipe output); removes all crafting recipes that make that output, which you can then re-add with your own recipe after as long as the added recipe is after the remove in your scripts. You can also do recipes.removeShaped/Shapeless(recipe output, [ingredient array]); to remove specific recipes.

The MineTweaker wiki has good instructions on it and MineTweaker recipe maker Addon makes it quite easy.