Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
OneWolfe

[TFC 0.79.29] TerraFirmaPunk - HQM SteamPunk Adventures

122 posts in this topic

Hey Bunsan, this is not the first time that I come across a mod or tool and it need to be build. I don't consider myself totally ignorant on scripting, since I am capable of using minetweaker . What exactly it is needed to build something from source?

I have Eclipse installed, but never went very far with that, following some videos I was capable of creating blocks and kind of mod, but they only worked inside eclipse, I have no idea how to actually build a jar file from there.

You need a build.gradle script and then build from the command line. If you check my repository I have it set up so that it can be built. Although I'm sure there would be no issue with it I can not just give you a jar as jared had not included a licence on the repo, I PR'd one to him, so technically it isn't open source, although it was split from ModTweaker2, whose licence is such that derivative works are required to carry the same licence. 

How exactly do you make mobs to spawn in tfc terrain? I am making a pack and have infernal Mobs and Mob Properties, but somehow I can't make the mobs spawn. Any help is much appreciated.

How exactly do you make mobs to spawn in tfc terrain? I am making a pack and have infernal Mobs and Mob Properties, but somehow I can't make the mobs spawn. Any help is much appreciated.

Sorry for the late reply.

What I did was spawn the special mobs ridding on the backs of TFC Zombies and then killed the Zombies ;)

I think ive got a better trick now which I will be testing out soon!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey Everyone!

Im back and ready to get back to work on an Overhaul for this pack!

Look for some cool new things coming out very soon!

Edited by OneWolfe

Hey, OneWolfe! So happy to see you're back and looking to update this!  :D

Sorry for the late reply.

What I did was spawn the special mobs ridding on the backs of TFC Zombies and then killed the Zombies ;)

I think ive got a better trick now which I will be testing out soon!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We actually started using "Just Another Spawner" and is working like a charm.  I love what you did in this pack is really nice.

We actually started using "Just Another Spawner" and is working like a charm.  I love what you did in this pack is really nice.

OH! That is an amazing looking mod! I think I might just have to start using it! It might be a lot cleaner and more reliable than the Mob Properties tricks ive been using :D

I would love to see how you set it up with all the TFC biomes. Can you post a sample config file? :D

I would love to see how you set it up with all the TFC biomes. Can you post a sample config file? :D

Hello. I did most of the JAS and Mob Properties config stuff for Tony's server.

JAS will automatically disable any existing spawn lists and import them into its own config files, so once installed, spawns continue to work unchanged. You will still have TFC mobs spawning at the same rate.

The way Special Mobs "normally" works is it looks at a vanilla mob being spawned then instantly replaces it with it's own mob. So the easiest way to get it working is to have vanilla mobs spawn in using JAS, then allow Special Mobs to do its own thing.

To do this, simply go to the "config\JustAnotherSpawner\WorldSettings\BASIC\DEFAULT\SpawnListEntries" folder, open up Vanilla.cfg and com.cfg ("com" is TFC), then copy over the spawn rate line from the TFC mobs to the Vanailla mobs. This will get vanilla mobs spawning in at the same rate as TFC mobs. Afterwards you may want to disable TFC mobs from spawning by changing spawn weight to 0 in com.cfg.

Here is part of our Vanilla.cfg for our server (I multiplied all the weights by 10 to allow fine tuning for mobs with low spawn rates)

also feel free to disable vanilla bats while you are here, since they are spawning at Y<63 and you never see them (change spawn weight to 0).

"MONSTER": {        "Blaze": {          "Weight-PassivePackMax-ChunkPackMin-ChunkPackMax": "30-1-0-0"        },        "CaveSpider": {          "Weight-PassivePackMax-ChunkPackMin-ChunkPackMax": "0-4-0-4"        },        "Creeper": {          "Weight-PassivePackMax-ChunkPackMin-ChunkPackMax": "30-4-1-2"        },        "EnderDragon": {          "Weight-PassivePackMax-ChunkPackMin-ChunkPackMax": "0-4-0-4"        },        "Enderman": {          "Weight-PassivePackMax-ChunkPackMin-ChunkPackMax": "10-4-1-2"        },        "Ghast": {          "Weight-PassivePackMax-ChunkPackMin-ChunkPackMax": "0-4-0-4"        },        "Giant": {          "Weight-PassivePackMax-ChunkPackMin-ChunkPackMax": "0-4-0-4"        },        "LavaSlime": {          "Weight-PassivePackMax-ChunkPackMin-ChunkPackMax": "0-4-0-4"        },        "PigZombie": {          "Weight-PassivePackMax-ChunkPackMin-ChunkPackMax": "0-4-0-4"        },        "Silverfish": {          "Weight-PassivePackMax-ChunkPackMin-ChunkPackMax": "0-4-0-4"        },        "Skeleton": {          "Weight-PassivePackMax-ChunkPackMin-ChunkPackMax": "0-4-0-4"        },        "Slime": {          "Weight-PassivePackMax-ChunkPackMin-ChunkPackMax": "40-4-0-0"        },        "Spider": {          "Weight-PassivePackMax-ChunkPackMin-ChunkPackMax": "50-2-0-0"        },        "Witch": {          "Weight-PassivePackMax-ChunkPackMin-ChunkPackMax": "0-4-0-4"        },        "WitherBoss": {          "Weight-PassivePackMax-ChunkPackMin-ChunkPackMax": "0-4-0-4"        },        "Zombie": {          "Weight-PassivePackMax-ChunkPackMin-ChunkPackMax": "90-4-2-4"        }      },

Note the skeletons are disabled here as well, this explained below.

Of course mob properties will be needed to balance stats, add/remove drops etc.. It writes tags onto the vanilla mobs, which is then copied over once it transforms into a Special Mob. This will be fine for stats/tags shared by both the vanilla mob and the Special Mob in question, however Special skeletons has it's own unique arrow damage tag, not present in vanilla skeletons. For this you will have to head over the the SpecialMobs.cfg to manually enter them into the spawnlists so that mob properties can write arrow damage tags to skeletons. (For fun times, I'd also recommend giving the poison skeleton a plague bow instead of a poison bow, otherwise just disable poison skeletons)

Example of part of our SpecialMobs.cfg (this is why we multiplied the weights in vanilla.cfg by 10, otherwise we would be overrun my skeletons):

"SpecialMobs.NinjaSkeleton": {          "Weight-PassivePackMax-ChunkPackMin-ChunkPackMax": "3-1-0-1"        },        "SpecialMobs.PaleSpider": {          "Weight-PassivePackMax-ChunkPackMin-ChunkPackMax": "0-4-0-4"        },        "SpecialMobs.PlaguePigZombie": {          "Weight-PassivePackMax-ChunkPackMin-ChunkPackMax": "0-4-0-4"        },        "SpecialMobs.PlagueZombie": {          "Weight-PassivePackMax-ChunkPackMin-ChunkPackMax": "3-1-0-0"        },        "SpecialMobs.PoisonSilverfish": {          "Weight-PassivePackMax-ChunkPackMin-ChunkPackMax": "0-4-0-4"        },        "SpecialMobs.PoisonSkeleton": {          "Weight-PassivePackMax-ChunkPackMin-ChunkPackMax": "3-1-0-1"        },        "SpecialMobs.PoisonSpider": {          "Weight-PassivePackMax-ChunkPackMin-ChunkPackMax": "0-4-0-4"        },        "SpecialMobs.QueenGhast": {          "Weight-PassivePackMax-ChunkPackMin-ChunkPackMax": "0-4-0-4"        },

This is a handy tool for editing JSON:

http://www.jsoneditoronline.org/

TFC only uses 14 biomes so removing the rest helps with clutter.

EDIT: TFC only HAS 14 biomes

Edited by Telpin

Hello. I did most of the JAS and Mob Properties config stuff for Tony's server.

TFC only uses 14 biomes so removing the rest helps with clutter.

While those files show how to handle the spawning hostile mobs, I believe OneWolfe was asking how you handle the spawning of passive mobs, considering that TFC doesn't really use any of those 14 biomes in the spawning calculations, and everything is based off our climate system instead. You can't specify that a mob only spawns in the "Plains" biome and hope that it will only spawn in the frozen tundra, because that super hot dry flat area near the equator also uses the exact same "Plains" biome in the code.

While those files show how to handle the spawning hostile mobs, I believe OneWolfe was asking how you handle the spawning of passive mobs, considering that TFC doesn't really use any of those 14 biomes in the spawning calculations, and everything is based off our climate system instead....

He was asking about Special Mobs, but you bring up a very good point I forgot to touch on. TFC doesn't seem to use the normal spawning mechanism for "CREATURE" mobs, because JAS doesn't do anything with them, so you don't have to worry about it.

That is to say: Leave the spawn weights for CREATURES in com.cfg as you find them (i.e. zero).

...You can't specify that a mob only spawns in the "Plains" biome and hope that it will only spawn in the frozen tundra, because that super hot dry flat area near the equator also uses the exact same "Plains" biome in the code.

I can hope that, if cared to configure it to do so, but this is beyond the scope of the discussion.

While those files show how to handle the spawning hostile mobs, I believe OneWolfe was asking how you handle the spawning of passive mobs, considering that TFC doesn't really use any of those 14 biomes in the spawning calculations, and everything is based off our climate system instead. You can't specify that a mob only spawns in the "Plains" biome and hope that it will only spawn in the frozen tundra, because that super hot dry flat area near the equator also uses the exact same "Plains" biome in the code.

He was asking about Special Mobs, but you bring up a very good point I forgot to touch on. TFC doesn't seem to use the normal spawning mechanism for "CREATURE" mobs, because JAS doesn't do anything with them, so you don't have to worry about it.

That is to say: Leave the spawn weights for CREATURES in com.cfg as you find them (i.e. zero).

I can hope that, if cared to configure it to do so, but this is beyond the scope of the discussion.

This all looks great! I cant wait to give it a try and see it in action!

It is unfortunate that you cannot get the TFC mobs to recognize the different biomes, because I would love to put more spiders in the swamps, and trolls on the mountains instead of just having everything spawning everywhere like they currently do.

Thanks again :D

Not sure about special mods, but we had an issue with mob properties. If the blank horseTFC entry was left in it for an unknown reason prevented all horse spawns. All other animals seemed fine. The workaround was to set the regenerate files to false and delete all files for entities you were not modifying.

This all looks great! I cant wait to give it a try and see it in action!

It is unfortunate that you cannot get the TFC mobs to recognize the different biomes, because I would love to put more spiders in the swamps, and trolls on the mountains instead of just having everything spawning everywhere like they currently do.

Thanks again :D

You can, I was just talking about TFC creatures. TFC monsters spawn using the normal spawning system so they do use biomes, albeit at the same weights by default. JAS will work fine for this.

Not sure about special mods, but we had an issue with mob properties. If the blank horseTFC entry was left in it for an unknown reason prevented all horse spawns. All other animals seemed fine. The workaround was to set the regenerate files to false and delete all files for entities you were not modifying.

Thanks a bunch! Our work around was far less elegant.

Edited by Telpin

You can, I was just talking about TFC creatures. TFC monsters spawn using the normal spawning system so they do use biomes, albeit at the same weights by default. JAS will work fine for this.

Thanks a bunch! Our work around was far less elegant.

I am about to dive into this mod today and see what I can make of it, but before I get hip deep into all the scripts I was wondering if you know if its possible to set up Y level specific spawns such as Slimes only spawning underground or have specific mobs that only spawn above ground?

Yes you can specify above or below y. We do that for our uber zombies. The wiki for it is good, but I suggest saving the tutorial page as offline document as the ads on it seem to cause my browser to hang.

I am about to dive into this mod today and see what I can make of it, but before I get hip deep into all the scripts I was wondering if you know if its possible to set up Y level specific spawns such as Slimes only spawning underground or have specific mobs that only spawn above ground?

Enitity handlers folder.

Here are our slimes:

"Slime": {
      "Type-Enabled": "MONSTER-true",
      "Spawn Operand": "OR",
      "Spawn Tag": "!sky()||posY > 143",
      "Contents": [
        "Slime"
      ]
    },

The spawn tag tells mobs when they can't spawn. This stops slimes from spawning above sea-level OR when not under sky. They end up filling ravines and quarries, but not spawning elsewhere.

Change "!sky()" to "sky()" and you should get what you want.

Yes you can specify above or below y. We do that for our uber zombies. The wiki for it is good, but I suggest saving the tutorial page as offline document as the ads on it seem to cause my browser to hang.

Thats a great idea, the Mon Properties wiki is that way for me :P

For Just Another Spawner wiki, im looking at GitHub which appears to be add free at the moment :D

Enitity handlers folder.

Here are our slimes:

"Slime"
      ]
    },

The spawn tag tells mobs when they can't spawn. This stops slimes from spawning above sea-level OR when not under sky. They end up filling ravines and quarries, but not spawning elsewhere.

I have some Twilight forest mobs that I would like to be able to still spawn during the day, in fact ALL of the TF mods should not be daylight sensitive, but I would like to set up the TFC Mountain ranges as an area where dangerous mobs spawn any time of day. Do you know how I would be able to set that up?

Ah misunderstood. Thought you meant mob properties.

Ah misunderstood. Thought you meant mob properties.

Ive actually become very adept at Mob Properties. Today I am learning to tackle the mod "Just Another Spawner" and not having any success at it so far :(

I honestly cannot seem to get it to do anything at all and I dont understand what I am doing wrong.

Nevermind, I just didnt realize the "Spawn Tag" was backwords  :rolleyes:

Edited by OneWolfe

Enitity handlers folder.

Here are our slimes:

"Slime"
      ]
    },

I wonder if there might be a way to create Seasonal spawns by checking if there is any fallen snow nearby?

There have been alot of exciting new changes happening to this pack over the last few months! Some of the cool new features include localized mob spawning that is very dependent on Biome, Depth, Season, Time of Day and even the Phases of the Moon. There are now also interdependent tech recipes, so each mod will require parts from the other mods and mobs, giving the pack more of a connected feel to the tech progression. A large number of new mobs have been added from Lycanites and EnderZoo so there is alot more to hunt and will be hunting you. Trees and Bees from the Forestry mod can now be breed along with Waterwheels and Windmills from Immersive Engineering and huge multiblock steam generators from Magneticraft!