Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Vauthil

[TFC 0.79.15] EzTFC - Lightweight Core TFC Experience Pack

6 posts in this topic

post-17097-0-25344500-1426278695_thumb.p

FTB Third Party Pack Code: EzTFC

What is it?

EzTFC is a lightweight modpack designed for users who want the core TerraFirmaCraft experience without additional levels of technology or other creature comforts found in other TerraFirmaCraft-based modpacks.

In other words, it's an easily installed and run cluster of TerraFirmaCraft + utility mods for folks who aren't keen on manually installing mods themselves.  Have that friend who always uses the "it's too hard to install TFC, why isn't there a modpack for this?" excuse?  This pack is to remove that excuse.

How do I get it?

EzTFC is available on the Feed the Beast Launcher using the Third Party Pack code "eztfc". The latest version of the FTB Launcher is available here.

What is included?

As mentioned, a goal of this pack is to be lightweight, so the mod list is quite short and largely geared towards utilities rather than content additions. The list of included mods is as follows:
  • [*]
TerraFirmaCraft - Duh. [*]CodeChickenCore + NEI + TerraFirmaCraft NEI plugin - All the stuff to make NEI functional in TerraFirmaCraft. [*]JourneyMap Fairplay - A map add-on, because you're going to be exploring a lot. Fairplay because TerraFirmaCraft is largely designed around multiplayer and that's the preferred version for server play. [*]Waila - So you can have some idea what you're looking at. [*]Decorations - The only content add-on for this pack. Especially added for its mud bricks (early game structure material) and lamps (permanent lighting without suffering from Pumpkins Everywhere syndrome that tends to plague those seeking superior lighting to torches). [*]FastCraft - Optimizes Minecraft 1.7.10 gameplay and so is a staple mod for 1.7.10 packs in general now.

You are free to suggest other additions, but keep in mind that the twin purposes of the pack are to be lightweight and to stay within the general aesthetic of TerraFirmaCraft itself. Anything I add will either add functionality inside this aesthetic or be a utility mod to assist gameplay without giving too much of a leg up on it.

What makes this modpack "Ez"?

This is "EzTFC" not because of the difficulty of the pack, but because of the ease of installing and playing it. I've found a major barrier to getting folks to play TerraFirmaCraft is because of the convoluted (to some) process of setting up a modded instance of Minecraft in the vanilla launcher. Amazingly enough, the concept of a modpack launcher was designed to alleviate this kind of concern. Awesome!

I looked into a number of other TerraFirmaCraft-based modpacks, but essentially all of them are "TerraFirmaCraft AND something" packs. I wanted something more or less true to the core TerraFirmaCraft experience and medieval tech level that I could throw at my friends and that would include the creature comforts (a minimap, NEI) modded Minecraft users are accustomed to. And so here I am with this thing.

Information for Server Owners

I do include a server package, because -- as I mentioned above -- a big part of why I have this pack is to drag my friends kicking and screaming into TerraFirmaCraft without making excuses about having to download/install the mods themselves and I would like others to also enjoy dragging their friends kicking and screaming into the experience that is TerraFirmaCraft.

Included with the server package is a set of additional custom parameters for Dynmap designed for use with TerraFirmaCraft, if you so choose to implement it. These are pulled from some publicly available tweaks and could use some additional work, so if you wish to help out I will gladly take any assistance. I do not include Dynmap itself as part of the server package because it is an advanced tool for server owners who know what they are doing with it, however.

As it is FTB policy anyway, I also do not include a Cauldron or any other third party server executable. Cauldron itself is now abandoned for development and support and, in the future, TerraFirmaCraft updates may render compatibility with the extant Cauldron executables untenable. Their team will not be making any heroic efforts to keep these working together. I can understand why server owners feel the need to use Cauldron, but as is essentially always the case in using it, you do so at your own peril. I cannot provide support for this framework and any related issues that arise will more or less elicit a "deal with it" response from me, because there's nothing anybody can do for it.

Something broke. Help!

I am happy to look into issues that arise in the pack and to forward concerns to the relevant parties, but in order to provide assistance and facilitate results I need good information. Feel free to make reports on what's going wrong with this pack over at this pack's official thread on the FTB Forums. While I will respond here as well, I do not check this forum nearly as regularly as I do FTB's. Make sure your post supplies the following information:
  • [*]
What you were doing - I need to know what brought about this problem. If you were just doing nothing, it's okay to say that too, but say it. [*]What the game then did - I need to know what the actual problem is. If this is a crash, provide a crash log. If this is some manner in in-game quirk without crash, provide a screenshot and/or appropriate server/client logs. Give me evidence to work with. The more I have to work with, the better I can work to affect a positive outcome.

While I don't require a specific form, I would request folks take the time to make submissions coherent. Use a spell checker if need be, and try to divide up blocks of information into paragraphs or lists as applicable. Help me help you.

As noted above, I do not provide Cauldron support. This also goes for you adding basically anything to the pack that I do not include in the core downloads. If you provide good information I may still try to help you out anyway, but please understand that my time and energy are limited and my priority is supporting the pack as distributed.

Credits

This modpack is made possible by the following folks and their generous flexibility on distribution in modpacks:
  • [*]
Bioxx, Dunkleosteus, & the rest of the TFC team - TerraFirmaCraft [*]aleksey_t - Decorations [*]ChickenBones - CodeChickenCore, NotEnoughItems [*]@dries007 - TerraFirmaCraftNEIplugin [*]ProfMobius - Waila [*]techbrew - JourneyMap [*]Player - FastCraft

Technical Notes & Known Issues

Key things you should note with this modpack:

Java Version
TerraFirmaCraft is only compatible with Java version 7 and higher. If you are using Java 6 (this is especially important for Mac users), update. Please note that I provide no support for performing such an update as I don't want to be held responsible if it gets botched. Look up a guide online for your system OS for doing this update.

Stack Size Limitations
If you are running into crashing issues with things such as crashes when you are chopping down sequoia trees, this is usually due to Java's defaults for stack size not really being sufficient for all the work involved on the back end. Add the Java parameter -Xss4M (which bumps the standard stack size up to 4MB) in your launcher's runtime options and your issue should be fixed.

For More Information

For up to the minute information and commentary on this pack, please visit its official thread on the FTB Forums.

I love it! Please someone make a towny server with this pack!

I think this pack is great. No issues with installing or playing it. Any chance of adding a gravestone mod to it? Is it possible to add one? I tend to die alot and it would be nice not to lose my inventory because I cannot return in time to it.

I think this pack is great. No issues with installing or playing it. Any chance of adding a gravestone mod to it? Is it possible to add one? I tend to die alot and it would be nice not to lose my inventory because I cannot return in time to it.

I'll investigate the possibilities on this.  The two primary gravestone mods I know of off the top of my head (OpenBlocks and Gravestones) tend to overkill with other content additions and wouldn't fit TFC without serious neutering of configs and/or tweaking, but I haven't investigated those too thoroughly so I'll take a look and see what's possible.

I'll investigate the possibilities on this.  The two primary gravestone mods I know of off the top of my head (OpenBlocks and Gravestones) tend to overkill with other content additions and wouldn't fit TFC without serious neutering of configs and/or tweaking, but I haven't investigated those too thoroughly so I'll take a look and see what's possible.

Thanks. There used to be a simple one, but it was for 1.6.4 and I cannot remember who developed it and if it had been updated. I would just prefer the easiest one myself. Don't like the extra mobs or catacombs etc. Just a plain old gravestone to hold my goodies until clumsy and slow me, finds my death point.

You people who publicly complain to Funcom about shipping costs are so silly.

Just order the booster pack from someone else if you think the Funcom store is charging too much for shipping.

Geesh,
-Blix