Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Seldron

[Offline] Nessaja TFCraft Minecraft Server

307 posts in this topic

Seldron i think we will need a new map again because in build 45 there is a bug wich makes you can't find ores so we i guess we will need a new map when that is fixed or we will not be able to get any ores

is there already a report filed about that? What exactly is the bug doing?

yes that bug is already reported and what it does is ores cannot generate in the world. so i guess we will need a new map again or we won't be able to find any ores.

yep... no one seems to be able to find any ore, so i guess its time for another reset.... yay

Well, if its related to the current build, then the areas that we have covered so far SHOULD have ores. I have already found Lignite, Bismuth, and some Copper as well before logging out. Too bad I'm not at home atm, or I would show where it is located.

well it also affects the Propicks it seems, they don't seem to be able to detect ores on the server. So playing further is pretty useless. :S (i dug so many straight holes to the bottom without detecting anything except non metal ores...its pretty unrealistic)

edit:

I found yosh's ores and the propick does work on them... just strange no one can find ores... :S

With the new pick update, it should be much more easier to do some surface searching for ores. Tunnelling will also be good too. Pinning the ore location will be a pain though. Just as a reminder to everyone, remember that getting ores is all about time, patience, and a great deal of luck.

i don't think i will be using terrafirmacraft until this bug is fixed because you can't get anywhere in the game whitout ores :(

It isn't a bug. Bioxx purposefully changed the ore generation to make it much more difficult.

From what I understand, the reason the pro~pick isn't working on the server currently may be related to ID conflicts due to the config not being cleared correctly before updating.

Now this may or may not end up requiring a new world, depending on how TFC works. I'd say the sooner we get the issue nailed down the better. ^~^ Kinda sucks losing all your progress every couple days. I suppose such is the price of playing with a in~testing mod.

Well let's put up the facts:

1. When testin on Bismuth directly and on nearby rock it detects the bismuth correctly (tested it myself on the server)

2. From what i know just 2 ppl found ores, yosh found Bismuth and Copper (It was pre44b when he found them though) and i think someone mentioned finding some magnetite.

3. On the last World (Generated with pre44 which had the same Ore distribution), i dug a few vertical shafts for fast searching ores and found in like 50% of them at least 1 Metal-ore, while on this map i dug about 10 of those holes not finding 1 metal ore, just Lignite and Salpeter.

So i come to the conclusion that there are the following possibilites:

a) We all got an extreme form of bad luck this time / I had extreme luck on the last map.

B) Something is really off with the Oredistribution, but we don't exactly know what the problem is.

I don't know if there is an existing x-ray mod, but i suggest someone (maybe seldron himself or a mod? ) takes an Xray mod and checks randomly through the world to see if there actually are ores or not. And if they can be detected with the Propick.

I had logged in with an detector. There are huge ore deposits there, They are greater than in the last versions (each pocket) but more spread out.

Which just means you will take longer to find ores, but as soon as you find some it should last you forever.

@Ecu

There shouldn't be a problem with the propicks ID.

A config with targeted IDs allways have to match the worldgen file.

If I would have deleted the config/ID of an item during a normal version update and not generate a new map and IDs would have changed there would have been issues attached to it. In worst case there would have been items in our world file which doesn't exist anymore.

So if the propick would have a "wrong" itemid you wouldn't really be able to use that item at all. I don't think the server would even run while loading items which doesn't exist.

The last thing you want to do is delete your config file and use new item ids on a old map file ...

I had logged in with an detector. There are huge ore deposits there, They are greater than in the last versions (each pocket) but more spread out.

Thanks for this information, so its pick up your sticks and start the grid search.

Seldron are you sure it was metal-ore you saw whit the detector. It could have been non-metal like borax.

I retract my previous post. Propicks seem to be working perfectly fine. I am guessing everyone was just getting unlucky before.

Edit: Btw.. not kewl to whomever went and took 18 stacks of Sphalerite ore from my base. I do not appreciate being stolen from.

ya just got on and seems fine....no need to worry get in and play!

Well, I've played on this server for only like two days and it seems I've already run into thieves. I did a lil test by placing a zinc bar and 8 pieces of Sphalerite in a chest next to my forge, logged out for an hour, logged back in to find them gone. This is in addition to the 18 stacks of Sphalerite someone stole from me after I logged off last night.

Doesn't seem like we have any moderation either.. so.. for right now at least.. I cannot recommend this server.

never had this problem....i have a few chests layin around and never get robbed....try hiding better for go away from other ppl and spawn.

Also it is survival....protecting your stuff kind of fits the survival theme.....just be happy pvp aint on xD

Its a non~PvP server.. I shouldn't have to worry about hiding all my stuff secretly and building away from everyone. I thought the idea was to foster a community and such. Instead, I get stolen from, twice. As I said.. the sever makes for a nice place to play around with TFC and figure out how it works.. but I cannot recommend it for long term play in its current state.

hey seldron, some people here have stated that their precious items are being stolen, myself included. think we could generate a new map and install bukkit so we can track / ban people who steal?

We do need a new map and bukkit would be nice.

How many times does this need to be reiterated:

Bukkit is NOT compatible with TFC yet.

How many times does this need to be reiterated:

Bukkit is NOT compatible with TFC yet.

didnt know sorry! how about lockette then? or some chest locking mod.