Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Seldron

[Offline] Nessaja TFCraft Minecraft Server

307 posts in this topic

I would love either a chest locking mod I had my Hematite stolen in an earlier world and although an admin (Dver) was quick to replace it, was still frustrating. If there was a way if TFC to add a lock interface similar to stone knapping would be best.

P.S. I haven't seen any of the old admins on recently maybe need some new ones like choc maybe to replace lost items

didnt know sorry! how about lockette then? or some chest locking mod.

Posted Image

All plugins require bukkit. No bukkit = no plugins.

I thought this was common knowledge among the Minecraft community? Or you could just be a troll, and I fed you.

dont worry, im not a troll, your just making me feel stupid and inadequate ;P

I don't think just replacing lost items would be a good idea. It essentially ends up duplicating ores and such. Anyone could say they are having stuff stolen and get free stuff. I think we need some kind of protection mod of some sort. I'm going to talk around the modding community and see if I can find us a solution that already exists. If not, I'll talk to the modders I know and see if one of em can whip one up for us.

hey seldron, some people here have stated that their precious items are being stolen, myself included. think we could generate a new map and install bukkit so we can track / ban people who steal?

TFC is Beta, THERE IS NO BUKKIT VERSION.

There are Forge Mods for Bukkit but all of them have been ported and they are never in the current most version. Since we want to test the newest version even if there would be a Bukkit TFC Port it wouldn't do us any good.

This server isn't ment to be build up and played on for months.

TFC isn't in a stage where that should be done at all.

There are to many map regenerations needed for that to work well.

Biox gave you a beta mod to play around. I see a lot of people who seem to stamp with their feet and cry for cookies when they should be happy to even have gotten the first halve of it (a beta),

There are NO protrection plugins out there that will work with TFC at all.

It's either a 7/24 moderators babysitting the server where you have to PAY for their time ... or a free just BETA-test TFC server.

Nessaja is the second one.

There are 3 OP Players on the server who if online and have time will happily get you the most important stuff back.

But maybe you really want to think about it.

Someone said he logged out for 1 hour and got stolen.

Thats a CLOSE range. We could actually check wo was online during that time and put the people on the global ban list.

But for that you need more information than ... that.

TFC is Beta, THERE IS NO BUKKIT VERSION.

There are Forge Mods for Bukkit but all of them have been ported and they are never in the current most version. Since we want to test the newest version even if there would be a Bukkit TFC Port it wouldn't do us any good.

This server isn't ment to be build up and played on for months.

TFC isn't in a stage where that should be done at all.

There are to many map regenerations needed for that to work well.

Biox gave you a beta mod to play around. I see a lot of people who seem to stamp with their feet and cry for cookies when they should be happy to even have gotten the first halve of it (a beta),

There are NO protrection plugins out there that will work with TFC at all.

It's either a 7/24 moderators babysitting the server where you have to PAY for their time ... or a free just BETA-test TFC server.

Nessaja is the second one.

There are 3 OP Players on the server who if online and have time will happily get you the most important stuff back.

But maybe you really want to think about it.

Someone said he logged out for 1 hour and got stolen.

Thats a CLOSE range. We could actually check wo was online during that time and put the people on the global ban list.

But for that you need more information than ... that.

hmm, lets take this slow here,

first off, thanks for reiterating that theres no bukkit for tfc. you apparantly missed where incompatibility already shouted this at me... good job.

Second, you completely missed the point of the post... you also ASSUMED that im some whiny child whose crying for cookies. I did not come to TFC for quick kicks, or expect this mod to be finished. I also did not join this server expecting hand outs or an easy time. I worked for all i have in this server, i didnt get handouts from anybody.

Thirdly, i realize this is a beta test server... and that you are doing this for free, and i thank you and respect you for this, i spend alot of my time on this server and love every minute of it. it was a simple request, i wanted to start a dialog with you, and i get this crap back where your throwing assumptions left and right, as well as throwing caps log on for added emphasis. I am 21 years old, i am a hard working adult, and you will NOT treat me like a child. I deserve as much respect as you would give anyone else.

Now, lets see how this could have gone if you had behaved as a human being.

1. you would have either seen the fact i had already been told about the bukkit thing, OR you would have simply said, there is no bukkit for tfc.

2. you would have stated that forge mods are available but arent kept current, and so they are a no-go

3. you would completely skip assuming or mentioning that im a child, demanding something, because i did no such thing. i asked, asking is something normal humans do when they dont understand something. you didnt learn anything as a child by osmosis, you asked. its a basic human right to ask.

4. you would have said there are no protection plug ins that work with TFC.

5. you would have said there are 3 OPs on the server who could help you.

6. you would have said if you could get me the time you logged and came back on, i might be able to see who was on and find them that way

Why do you feel that its right to act this way towards me? I only asked a question, and i get this diatribe. you begin accusing me of things, assuming things, and then attempt to belittle me over me asking a question. absolutely deplorable behavior.

Ultimately I didnt care much about my stuff being stolen, only that people were stealing... I felt that you as the owner deserved to know if you hadnt heard already. I also was trying to open a dialogue with you to find out if it was possible to provide a way to protect our valuables. This server may only be here to test the mod, but how can we do that if people steal the things we need to test this mod? how can i ever test anything past tier 1 metals if my metal keeps getting stolen? i could hide my chests, and i will from now on, but people shouldnt have to hide their things.... ive played on many servers both whitelisted and non-whitelisted, and very rarely do i see thievery, but when i do see it, the people who play on that server become guarded, refusing to help people, and not contributing to the community, which is truly a shame. I am trying to help you make this server the best out there.

You state that the two types of servers are ones you pay for, where you get protection, and ones that are there to free. I highly disagree with this, because i have seen amazing free servers, in fact i just came from one where the owner had medical complications and needed to shut down the server. we had some awesome OPs who were recruited from the player base and were simply amazing. ive also been to servers where you have to pay, and they do a piss poor job policing the players.

Hell, ill volunteer my time to help manage the player base. i have lead many a successful guild in EQ2, Guild Wars, Warhammer Online, Age of Reckoning, among many others. I am more than qualified to police the player base, and im on this server for more than 6 hours a day, frequently going 10 hours in one sitting when in the mood. I will do this for free, and I do it out of my enjoyment, and yes, love of this server. I want to see this server grow, and be popular. I also want to see this server to be as peaceful and harmonious as possible.

Now, with that all said, I have just one thing to say to you, and that is this. Just because this is the internet, and that you can be anonymous, does not give you the right to devalue my rights as a human being. Treat others the way you want to be treated. And those are words to live by.

At this point in time, one of two things can happen. either, A.) you own up to a mistake, act like an adult, and apologize, or B.) im kicked/banned from the server, prove me right, and make me lose a little bit of my hope for humanity.

Regards,

Chocmerc

Sorry Chocmerc if you took that the wrong way. It wasn't meant to be seen as that for you.

The problem is there are people out there who don't understand or dont just accept answers in a way you stated,

I allready did that, twice, no a lot more times actually.

Just to get my point accross and you may understand me:

I started that thread inviting players to beta test along with me.

It's clearly stated that this server is unmoderated, that it's just a beta test server to test new features to just try things and to find bugs or problems with features to make usefull suggestions towards bioxxx to help him make TFC even better.

I didn't intent to have that server run as a community "build some real great stuff" server. TFC can be a great platform for that, but than you miss a lot of updates and you can't get to a new version fast. Thats why Nessaja is stated as a Beta Server. The stable Nessaja Server will come as soon as there is an version of TFC out which provides enough stability for that.

After I spent 50% of my time ingame to solve grieving problems, personal problems and jests between players I'm at a point where I don't have fun in my own TFC world anymore.

Actually how often do you see me online? Yeah because I can't play anymore as soon as I log on.

I really try to stay calm, really, but at a point where you prefer playing solo player instead playing on your own server just because players stop you from playing at all is rather ... getting me angry.

Don't get me wrong here I know that running a server takes time out of an admin. And I'm running a closed server for a Multigaming Clan too. But the difference is there I want to contribute this time and the server is stated as an stable moderated one.

On a server meant to be just used as a platform where players can log on and try out stuff which Nessaja essentially is it's a totally different thing.

I'm short of closing the server up and just allowing a few choosen people into it (no not even accepting any more whitelisting - just friendinvite) because If I don't, in a short matter of time I won't actually play anymore TFC ...

I don't want to go in that direction because that would actually counter the cause Nessaja is set up for.

Seldron, I appreciate the time you put into the server trying to maintain it and keep thing running smoothly. I wouldn't blame you for making the server white~list and only allowing your friends access. However, perhaps you just need to give yourself a few more moderators to help take the brunt of everything for you.. so you can enjoy things (Not me though, not offering).

In addition to that, I am trying to look into getting you a mod that should allow for some type of minor logging which should help your moderators figure out who the thieves are, so they can be removed. I'm the designer / artist of Ender Storage and should be able to get something whipped up to help you out.. assuming you'd like the help. If its something you aren't interested in.. please let me know so I can avoid wasting my time.

I have had a whole lot of fun on this server, and I'd really hate to see it be locked up. However, I've also had a few frustrating moments due to theft and younger players spamming in all caps. As chocmerc said though, I wasn't really bothered about the loss of resources (I have so much zinc, its really not an issue), but more about the fact that I was stolen from. If I can help make the server better by providing some tools to make moderation easier.. I'll gladly do so..

Just my small input.. this server is great save for the few annoying kids, but where won't you find them? :D

What I, and you, can suggest is to tell people to move FAR from the spawn point when they start and make teams with people they trust. The farther away, the less likely some kid is going to come by and steal your stuff.

Me and 3 server mates moved 4500 blocks from spawn and we never had any issues with stealing whatsoever :)

@Ecu I take every help I can get.

I'm not even against taking on a lot of worthy mods or even admins (with shell access to the server).

It's just that it takes time to get enough thrust for people to do such a job.

I had bad things happen in the past just by picking out people as mods who than totally went apeshift.

If you guys provide me with names of people you think will do the job you will have more mods instantly.

If something goes wrong, I can at least put a part of the blame on you guys - you picked them as well ^^.

As stated in the first post - don't think of me as the boss or something.

I invited you guys to play along with me.

I'm just providing the plattform and hardware. Everything else I'd rather do democratically.

You saw that on our first map reset. I'll allways ask, if I have a chance.

The last reset couldn't be changed because our whole map got corrupted in a level where I just couldn't found out which old backup was save enough to not crash the server while these players were logging in. The errors occured randomly and since a simple map regen removed that bug totally, I made the decision to go with that rather than to give bioxxx headaches because of an issue which may only happened due to a old map in a new version.

Seldron,

I could not offer any suggestions right now as I haven't been on the server long enough to really get to know everyone yet. Right now all I can offer is looking into getting some kind of TFC friendly log system together. It'll likely be limited to avoid conflicts with TFC updates, but perhaps I can at least have it do stuff like record a weeks worth of alterations to chests (or maybe even just a couple days), and who made the alterations.

Something like that could help your few current mods better narrow in on troublemakers.

What would be a great help would be for example.

Logging of:

Blockbreaking of anvils (represents an age in TFC and is one of the most valueable things someone has).

Blockbreaking of belows (are hard to get and the owner very seldom if at all removes those from their place).

Kill of animal entity (killing all of a farmers animals will practically make days of work for him undone since animal breeding is so hard).

Blockbreaking of beds (spawn destruction).

That shouldn't be to much in the log and still fetch those grievers fast.

With that information every one of the past grievers could have been identified and banned.

Even without chest logging: If somebody would like to protect precious things in chests and log that he could make a room guarded by stone anvils. That would actually make it a big more "expensive" to have a protected (logged) area in your house since stone anvils need some work.

Alright, Seldron, I'll look into it. Since TFC isn't open source (as far as I know)... it might take a bit to get a logging setup working with it. I'll talk to my contacts though and see what I can come up with. ^-^

Seldron something is wrong whit the server everyone is lagging and we keep crashing.

Heya seldron,

ive read your post, and i want to say sorry as well. I did kind of overreact, it started with that block head incompatibility and his posts, so i just felt like i was being attacked. As stated before, i really do respect you and the time you put into the server :) i say we brush this misunderstanding under the rug and call a mulligan :D

in any event, thank you for all that you do for the server :) its incredibly fun to play on and i love it to death :D

server down ?

edit: i was wrong. i think it was just my internet

Somebody stole my steel anvil, and I die in strage conditions, I was walking normaly and I "teleported" to the void, but the message was "ficolas hit the ground too hard" (WTF?), if u can give my tools please... and the anvil

I opened up a public factory for anyone who isn't in steel age yet.

Go to -70 / -900 and into the building there.

you will find 2 forges, 2 bloomerys and metallurgy tables, as well as 2 steel anvils with hammers in. It even includes a public Iron mine with Limonite and coal in it. Entrance is within the Factory.

The room also includes crafting tables, some flux, a few recipes for tools as well as a scribbling table to make more. It also has a bunch of chests to temporary store your stuff.

Have fun and pls don't remove stuff from there, it's a public thing for everyone to use and you hurt the whole server if you do stuff like this.

Thanks

p.s. 1 forge is missing bellows, if someone wants to make a small donation of leather or a bellow, i'd be grateful.

I opened up a public factory for anyone who isn't in steel age yet.

Go to -70 / -900 and into the building there.

you will find 2 forges, 2 bloomerys and metallurgy tables, as well as 2 steel anvils with hammers in. It even includes a public Iron mine with Limonite and coal in it. Entrance is within the Factory.

The room also includes crafting tables, some flux, a few recipes for tools as well as a scribbling table to make more. It also has a bunch of chests to temporary store your stuff.

Have fun and pls don't remove stuff from there, it's a public thing for everyone to use and you hurt the whole server if you do stuff like this.

Thanks

p.s. 1 forge is missing bellows, if someone wants to make a small donation of leather or a bellow, i'd be grateful.

+1 for the public factory...will help new members on server

sel, i just want to say that despite the recent argument that broke out here, i believe that chocmerc should be interviewed for admin or moderator status as he has been working hard to improve the community, he is basically considered the leader of the server's main town.

Pls Try to get some people to vote for him, a simple anwer here should be enough. As soon as I see 5 Votes for him from the servers community I will see that the community wants him as a mod.

That sucks about the griefing problem, and my house going up in flames :(. I wrote a utility that I use for my bukkit server a few months ago which stops the server, and zips up the entire server directory every 6 hours or so (configurable), then restarts the server. This was just something quick I put together while I figured out how to use CoreProtect. Its not the best way to maintain backups of a server, but its better than having to deal with losing everything from griefers. The tool doesnt need to use bukkit, its basically a shell, and would be no different from you manually stopping the server every so often, zipping up the server folder as a backup then restarting it, although it is quite a bit faster. You can have this for the server until there is an actual block logging utility to use if you want, but remember... restoring a backup from a zip means everyone loses all progress from the current time to the last backup, which if the backup interval is a day or something, could be a substantial amount of work.