Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Balthizarlucien

TFC++ Modpack

37 posts in this topic

TFC++

A Terrafirmacraft modpack that amplifies the danger!

The goal of this pack is simple: to maintain the intent of terrafirmacraft whilst amplifying the realism as well as increasing the difficulty as much as possible. What follows is a very short list of mods which reach this goal nicely without being too overbearing. A good deal of these mods are included primarily for their aesthetic appeal rather than for a functional purpose but I have added quite a few that make significant changes to the AI of the monsters and animals which you share the world with.

This post is not complete but I wanted to share it now as to peak people's interest!

This mod pack is currently in a beta stage as I am still trying to iron out some of the config files but for the most part it plays well and it is quite enjoyable. I would love for someone who is better at writing mods than I to take a crack at ironing out some of the finer details so if anyone is up to the challenge, please let me know and I will discuss this further.

As Kittychanley as so kindly posted a wonderfully configured JVM script further down in this thread I figure I would provide the script here but I highly recommend reading the post that goes with it as it was exceptionally enlightening as to what it all means. simply scroll down on this first page and have a read through :)

the script is as follows:

-Xmn1G -Xms1G -Xmx2G -XX:NewSize=512M -XX:SurvivorRatio=2 -XX:+DisableExplicitGC -XX:ParallelGCThreads=4 -d64 -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+CMSIncrementalPacing -XX:+AggressiveOpts

Terrafirmacraft - The heart and soul of this mod pack!

Better Foliage - Better Foliage is a Forge mod that will make your Minecraft worlds more impressive, mainly by improving how vegetation looks.
(homepage)

TFCellars - This adds a multi block structure as well as some specific blocks to TFC which allows you to build and control a cold room (as they were called in maine where I grew up) or Cellar in which to store your food for the long winter.
(homepage)

Decorations - This is a TFC only mod which I have added due to the added features like the lanterns and especially the mud bricks!
(homepage)

Dynamic Lights - dynamically light up the world with moving light sources.
(homepage)

Fastcraft - FastCraft is a sophisticated mod which improves the client and server performance significantly without any game play changes. FastCraft is useful for anything, even fast PCs and servers benefit.
(homepage)

Herdcraft - This expands the AI and wild breeding characteristics of pigs, chickens, sheep, cows and horses. This mod also adds some AI to zombies to allow for zombie hordes to spawn and travel together.
(homepage)

Item Physics - causes items to fly through through the air and land more realistically. It also stops non flammable items from being destroyed in lava.
(homepage)

MultiMine - This allows you to partially damage a block and the game will remember that damage if you happen to stop for some reason... (Zombies!)
(homepage)

Voxelmap - VoxelMap is a full-featured Mini-Map mod for Minecraft featuring Waypoints, Entity Radar, Death Marker and much more.
(homepage)

Better Clouds - Improves rendering of clouds so that clouds are translucent when viewed from below as well as from above. Prevents the top of tall mountains from being obscured by clouds.
(homepage)

OpenEye - this mod is an excellent tool that simply gathers basic information about the mods used, crashes, etc so that users and modders alike can track the mods they are using or developing.
(homepage)

Optifine - This is a mod many of us currently use I suspect and thus needs little explanation. needless to say though, if you are unfamiliar with it, its sole purpose is to correct issues within the code and optimize minecraft and its graphics system in general

Realistic Pain - this mod adds GUI and audio effects to the game which makes taking damage or being close to explosions etc much more impactful.
(homepage)

Smart Moving and PlayerAPI- The Smart Moving mod provides various additional moving possibilities. This allows traversing the terrafirmacraft terrain in new ways.
(homepage) (homepage)

Sound Filters - this adds more realistic sound calculations to the game to allow for reverb in caves, muted sounds when under water or when the sound source is behind a wall.
(homepage)

Smooth Bedrock- smooth bedrock does precisely what's on the tin. It reduces bedrock to a single uniform layer.
(homepage)

Stalker Creepers - This mod makes Creepers STALK YOU.
(homepage)

Streams and its dependancy- This mod adds real flowing streams into the game. The way this mod generates rivers is quite stunning and I think it is a must for this pack!
(homepage)

Weather - this mod adds localized weather that uses the environment to generate storms including tornadoes and cyclones capable of destroying blocks in their path.
(homepage)

Zombie Awareness - last but not least this mod amplifies the AI of the humble zombie making it far more dangerous to encounter them, especially since the herd craft mod allows whole hordes to spawn!
(homepage)

Below I have included the first version of the configs. It is mostly complete but I will continue to fine tune it as I work further on this pack.

To-Do:

- Finish consolidating the config files to work smoothly together
- obtain permissions from each mod maker to use their mods within an official modpackt release
- include a few mod specific seeds with Images
- create a mod pack banner
- optimize all mod coding to remove duplicate Items/functions or conflicting recipes
- Ensure each mod properly hooks data from all other mods
- attempt to optimize the coding structure of each mod by improving their respective algorithms, layouts etc.
- ditch all AI mods to write my own custom AI mod for all mobs/entities.

-obtain permissions to attempt to update or assist in updating all mods (including terrafirmacraft) to 1.8.3 or the current latest version [i hold a bachelor's of computer science focusing on programming)

and as always... - whatever else comes to mind :)

config.zip

Edited by Balthizarlucien

Just a heads up, the simulation part of somnia is completely unnecessary, because TFC already does all of it's calculations based off of the in-game calendar, so sleeping through the night already simulates everything as if you had been awake.

This also appears to be a double post, so I will delete you other one, and move this topic to the Addons forum as per rule #5 of the modpacks forum.

Just a heads up, the simulation part of somnia is completely unnecessary, because TFC already does all of it's calculations based off of the in-game calendar, so sleeping through the night already simulates everything as if you had been awake.

This also appears to be a double post, so I will delete you other one, and move this topic to the Addons forum as per rule #5 of the modpacks forum.

I posted this from my Iphone and as such I was not able to add hyperlinks etc. I am planning on expanding the details here. thank you for removing the duplicate post for me as I had noticed that myself and was about to clear it. I dont know why the mobile site doubletagged the post button, sorry :)

I will be adding links to each mod, seeds for this pack, images, a to do list, a change list and more when I can get to my normal computer later today.

Thank you for the heads up on the sleep sim feature Kitty, I will go ahead and pull somnia from the pack as well :)

Kitty, can you move this post back to the modpackt forum please? I think I have cleared up the issue with rule 5 within that forums rules now.

I still don't see a modpack download. From what I see, this is still a  "Build Your Own" modpack in that players have to download all the mods themselves, meaning that it still belongs here as per rule #5.

I still don't see a modpack download. From what I see, this is still a  "Build Your Own" modpack in that players have to download all the mods themselves, meaning that it still belongs here as per rule #5.

Then I am confused.... I am attempting to not repost mods because not only do I feel it is personally wrong to do so, but it is one of the rules set forth in that forum. could you define for me what a modpack is classified as so that I can make this qualify properly? This is my first attempt at assembling such a pack and thus have no idea what specifically you may be looking for.....

A modpack is a single file that a player downloads that contains all of the mods and any edited config files. It is perfectly acceptable to do this, as long as you make sure that you have permission from all the mod authors first. The rule in the modpack forum says that you cannot post a modpack if you don't get the permissions to repost the mods first.

All of the other posts in that forum are links or pack codes that allow you to download all of the mods and config files from one place, instead of doing them individually. All of those posts have also gotten proper permission from the mod authors to do so.

A modpack is a single file that a player downloads that contains all of the mods and any edited config files. It is perfectly acceptable to do this, as long as you make sure that you have permission from all the mod authors first. The rule in the modpack forum says that you cannot post a modpack if you don't get the permissions to repost the mods first.

All of the other posts in that forum are links or pack codes that allow you to download all of the mods and config files from one place, instead of doing them individually. All of those posts have also gotten proper permission from the mod authors to do so.

Thank you for clarifying this with me. :) I honestly did not know that was what a modpack was commonly defined as. I will be including a config repository for this pack but I think that it is fine if it stays here until I obtain the individual permissions of each developer prior to repackaging this into a single file for download. I think that I rather like this format I am using as I have direct links to the modder's primary downloads as well as to their individual mod page and may simply maintain it even after I obtain said permissions. 

Thank you for your help in understanding this new information Kitty :)

Does the flat bedrock not mess with TFC terrain. If you use the debug mode and clear an area that has mountains you'll notice that the bedrock has the same relief as the mountains. So you may loose a great deal of the height and relief that TFC provides.

I did not have good luck with Special AI and TFC mobs. It caused a crash. If you have found a way to make it work I'd love advice on how. Currently I'm looking to use his other mod Mob Properties to impliment some of the Special AI NBT data.

Does the flat bedrock not mess with TFC terrain. If you use the debug mode and clear an area that has mountains you'll notice that the bedrock has the same relief as the mountains. So you may loose a great deal of the height and relief that TFC provides.I did not have good luck with Special AI and TFC mobs. It caused a crash. If you have found a way to make it work I'd love advice on how. Currently I'm looking to use his other mod Mob Properties to impliment some of the Special AI NBT data.

I have had no issues with any of my AI mods crashing because of interactions with TFC. Maybe the issue you are getting is coming from another mod? all I did is install both mods and was good to go from there. I did have to install terrafirmacraft and run minecraft first before anything else would load properly though.... just a thought.

as far as the flat bedrock is concerned, no it simply does as advertised. it flattens the bedrock to a single smooth layer and lets any other world gen mod do as it wishes.

The Special AI was only a problem when I was configuring the aggressive/griefing behaviours. I think I figured it out though. For mob properties I see that for loot chest stuff you need to use numerical IDs for mod items. It is probably the same for the blacklist for Griefing. I'll have to play with it again maybe, although I think combination of it and Mob Properties will be more powerful.

Does Weather conflict with TFC weather at all?

Sorry for double post, but I actually have a bunch of questions. Can I PM you?

Never tried it. Best way really is to just try.

I'd suggest not using the Memory Cleaner Mod, all it is doing is looping the GC. It is usually the GC that causes the lag spikes for most clients. Basically you can accomplish the better heap space management with proper JVM arguments, this mod is likely going to make clients worse not better.

Some of these mods look pretty cool :D

I'd suggest not using the Memory Cleaner Mod, all it is doing is looping the GC. It is usually the GC that causes the lag spikes for most clients. Basically you can accomplish the better heap space management with proper JVM arguments, this mod is likely going to make clients worse not better.

I will have to run some tests when I get home to see if it helps or hurts performance. Currently the computer I am on does not have any decent memory management and reporting software so I cannot do that now. as far as JVM statements, I do not know those well enough to be able to construct a good config for minecraft though I do agree that this would be a far better approach to use. you wouldnt happen to know JVM statment syntax would you?

Some of these mods look pretty cool :D

I particularly like the way these mods interact though as this is still in a beta pack it has some bugs and tweaks I am still making to the configs etc. Also, I am in contact with a few of the modders to see if I can get them to hook into TFC a bit better to help improve the way they work together as well. 

There's really no way for you to include JVM arguments in a modpack, it's something that each player has to individually set on their launcher, as it is something that has to be recognized before the game starts, instead of after it has loaded mods and configs. As for a good string of arguments, this usually covers all the bases, but should be tweaked to fit your system:

-Xmn1G -Xms1G -Xmx2G -XX:NewSize=512M -XX:SurvivorRatio=2 -XX:+DisableExplicitGC -XX:ParallelGCThreads=4 -d64 -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+CMSIncrementalPacing -XX:+AggressiveOpts
  • -Xmn1G : The minimum amount of memory allocated.
  • -Xms1G : The amount of memory allocated for a new heap.
  • -Xmx2G : The maximum amount of memory allocated. Start this at 2G, and only increase if necessary. Due to the way java handles garbage collection, allocating too much max memory can cause just as much lag, if not worse problems as not allocating enough. Note: If you are using a 32bit OS, and therefore can only use 32bit java, the highest you can really set this to is 1G. If you are using a 64bit OS, you should uninstall all copies of 32bit java and manually download and install the 64bit version. The standard download links and auto-updaters will only install 32bit. If you want 64bit java, you have to get it yourself and update it yourself.
  • -XX:NewSize=512M : Maximum size of new generation
  • -XX:SurvivorRatio=2 : Ratio of eden/survivor space size
  • -XX:+DisableExplicitGC : Disables calls to System.gc()
  • -XX:ParallelGCThreads=4 : Set this to the number of threads that your processor can handle. If you have a basic dual-core processor, this should be 2. If you have a basic quad-core processor, this should be 4. If your processor supports hyperthreading, double the number.
  • -d64 : Forces java to use the 64bit version incase you have a lingering installation of 32bit. Do not use this argument if you are on a 32bit OS.
  • -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC : Use concurrent mark-sweep collection for the old generation.
  • -XX:+CMSIncrementalPacing
  • -XX:+AggressiveOpts

PermSize-related arguments intentionally not in this string, as the Minecraft launcher ignores it anyways.

Note that this string was chosen for use with Java 7. If you are using Java 8 some of these arguments may not be necessary. More information about VM arguments can be found here: http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/articles/java/vmoptions-jsp-140102.html

There's really no way for you to include JVM arguments in a modpack, it's something that each player has to individually set on their launcher, as it is something that has to be recognized before the game starts, instead of after it has loaded mods and configs. As for a good string of arguments, this usually covers all the bases, but should be tweaked to fit your system: ...

Thank you Kitty! This will be exceptionally helpful :) I am going to try this out on my system here at work as it is terrible on memory lol. I figured that I would have no way of including it within the modpack but It is good to have listed here somewhere anyway so if it is ok this will be listed in the main post as an option for people if they choose to use it.

I had a question for you btw, to make the torches work with dynamic lights i need to input the correct ID, you wouldn't happen to know what that id is would you? if so, thank you! otherwise, still thank you because honestly you are amazing :)

Yeah, it's fine for you to go ahead and list that in your main post.

The ID for torches is

terrafirmacraft:Torch

If you are likely going to use MineTweaker eventually if you use /mt hand it will give you ID of item in your hand and copies it to your clipboard.

Edit: stupid autocorrect made /mt hand into /my hand

You should include the cellars mod that was just made.

You should include the cellars mod that was just made.

I have Just finished testing this mod and have decided to green light it for the pack as it is actually something that I was looking to include. I am hoping the modder will include my suggestions and it sounded like he would try to in his reply to me so this will be cool when it is released.

Is there a way to disable HerdCraft breeding-from-herds?

Is there a way to disable HerdCraft breeding-from-herds?

I'm not sure. I will have to dig through the config file but I seem to remember that there was something like that in there somewhere. The question is why though? It allows your animals to breed normally and if you separate them male and female once they are on your farm they should stop breeding until you pair them up again...