Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
OneWolfe

Mod Developer Wanted for Weapon and Armor Conversions

4 posts in this topic

I am looking for someone who can develop a tool that will allow pack creators and other developers to change the stats of vanilla and modded weapons.

TFC mobs have significantly higher health and damage stats than their vanilla counterparts and the weapons and armor also have damage values to compensate. In a mod pack that includes additional gear even the most over powered enchanted sword will be useless against a simple zombie, a stone knife would be a far better weapon.

I have an adventure style mod pack that includes some pretty cool dungeons and monsters to fight from various other mods like the Twilight Forest, but I do not know how to alter their weapon stats to be useful in A a TFC world.

Ideally I would like a mod similar to MineTweaker, that has a separate script file where developers can set item stats one at a time.

If this kind of mod already exists please let me know, and if anyone else has any suggestions or comments I would love to hear them.

:D

Thank you,

OneWolfe-

Moved to add-on discussion subforum.

You can actually use vanilla mechanics with minetweaker to do what you want as far as I know. I'm not an expert at this, but I was able to find a few things. Try this one out.

recipes.addShaped(<minecraft:iron_sword>.withTag({display: {Lore: ["TFC Level Damage"], Name: "TFC'd Sword"}, AttributeModifiers: [{UUIDMost: 2872, UUIDLeast: 894654, Amount: 150, AttributeName: "generic.attackDamage", Operation: 0, Name: "generic.attackDamage"}]}), [[null, <ore:ingotIron>, null], [null, <ore:ingotIron>, null], [null, <terrafirmacraft:item.stick>, null]]);

Now it should be noted this is generic damage, not the slashing/piercing/crushing damage of TFC. As such a sword will kill skelly just fine. Kitty may be able to provide attribute info for the slashing/piercing/crushing damage (I'll try and find in code, but that will be a slow process) we can then try and sort out the json format to make it craftable. I have a feeling the TFC stuff will fall under the ForgeData stuff.

If you look up information on NBT data for map makers/custom spawner etc you can get a lot of info. The best way I found to get it all sorted out is place a command block down, enter the command 

give @p minecraft:iron_sword 1 0 {AttributeModifiers:[{AttributeName:"generic.attackDamage",Name:"generic.attackDamage",Amount:250,Operation:0,UUIDLeast:894654,UUIDMost:2872}], display:{Name: "TFC'd Sword",Lore: [TFC Level Damage]}}

Then just use /mt hand to get the minetweaker entry info.

I'm probably going to use this for a few things as well. I'm most interested in some armour attributes, so I'll try and find out more about them. I could kinda explain all this command, but you might have better luck looking it up yourself. There is an attributes page on the minecraft wiki that has a lot of it.

You can actually use vanilla mechanics with minetweaker to do what you want as far as I know. I'm not an expert at this, but I was able to find a few things. Try this one out.

recipes.addShaped(<minecraft:iron_sword>.withTag({display: {Lore: ["TFC Level Damage"], Name: "TFC'd Sword"}, AttributeModifiers: [{UUIDMost: 2872, UUIDLeast: 894654, Amount: 150, AttributeName: "generic.attackDamage", Operation: 0, Name: "generic.attackDamage"}]}), [[null, <ore:ingotIron>, null], [null, <ore:ingotIron>, null], [null, <terrafirmacraft:item.stick>, null]]);

Now it should be noted this is generic damage, not the slashing/piercing/crushing damage of TFC. As such a sword will kill skelly just fine. Kitty may be able to provide attribute info for the slashing/piercing/crushing damage (I'll try and find in code, but that will be a slow process) we can then try and sort out the json format to make it craftable. I have a feeling the TFC stuff will fall under the ForgeData stuff.

If you look up information on NBT data for map makers/custom spawner etc you can get a lot of info. The best way I found to get it all sorted out is place a command block down, enter the command 

give @p minecraft:iron_sword 1 0 {AttributeModifiers:[{AttributeName:"generic.attackDamage",Name:"generic.attackDamage",Amount:250,Operation:0,UUIDLeast:894654,UUIDMost:2872}], display:{Name: "TFC'd Sword",Lore: [TFC Level Damage]}}

Then just use /mt hand to get the minetweaker entry info.

I'm probably going to use this for a few things as well. I'm most interested in some armour attributes, so I'll try and find out more about them. I could kinda explain all this command, but you might have better luck looking it up yourself. There is an attributes page on the minecraft wiki that has a lot of it.

I had considered using the give command to set up a few weapons and offer then as quest rewards, but I did not realize you could set the item stats in MineTweaker.

How would the crafting recipes effect mob drops tho? Do it only change the stats of crafted items or is everything changed? I am guessing that only a newly crafted sword would have the new stats, while one spawned in creative would still have the normal stats. That is not a problem, I just have to remember if I want to have one as a reward or found in a chest I have to use the crafted version and not just pull it from NEI.

I will certainly give this a try :D

Thank you,

OneWolfe-