Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sladki

[TFC 0.79.29] Cellars Addon

196 posts in this topic

Hi, I am having issues with the latest version of the cellar mod for TFC. A while back I used a much earlier version and an older version appeared to work better. I don't remember what version it was but it would say 'Freezing' in the text. I got back to TFC lately and started a brand new world. I updated to the latest cellars version 1.1.

In this world I built 2 cellars. One is a max size cellar and the other is a smaller cellar. Both contain double doors. The game registers both cellars since it displays the temperature when you hover over the 'i' icon.

I'm seeing some issues:

1. I have ice blocks in both cellars but the temperature never displays -1 (when hovering over that icon). The max size cellar is always 1 (at the lowest) while the smaller one is 5 or higher (it never goes below 5). I thought the temperature is supposed to be -1 when there are ice blocks.

2. The decay rate is inconsistent. I would sometimes see < 1% but other times the decay rate is the same as when items are in my inventory. Even when I'm in the area the decay rate can go above 1%. Once I went on a long trip and all the items in my smaller cellar disappeared (eg. decay to nothing). The large cellar had items > 20% decay. I checked the ice box and the ice blocks were still there for both cellars.

Note: I live in an area where the average temp is 18-20.

Any ideas?

World Info:

Liteloader 1.7.10 with forge 10.13.4.1448.

TFC 0.79.29.922

Cellars Addon 1.1

Udary 0.2.33

CodeChickenCore 1.0.6.43

Cooking with TFC 0.0.7

Fastcraft 1.21

Too much time 2.4.0

Leather Water Sac 3.9.B79

Voxelamp 1.5.17

NEI 1.0.4.107

TFCNEIPlugin 1.5.3.25

Waila 1.5.10

Thanks.

Spoiler
On 13.05.2017 at 0:58 PM, PPanda0421 said:

Hi, I am having issues with the latest version of the cellar mod for TFC. A while back I used a much earlier version and an older version appeared to work better. I don't remember what version it was but it would say 'Freezing' in the text. I got back to TFC lately and started a brand new world. I updated to the latest cellars version 1.1.

In this world I built 2 cellars. One is a max size cellar and the other is a smaller cellar. Both contain double doors. The game registers both cellars since it displays the temperature when you hover over the 'i' icon.

I'm seeing some issues:

1. I have ice blocks in both cellars but the temperature never displays -1 (when hovering over that icon). The max size cellar is always 1 (at the lowest) while the smaller one is 5 or higher (it never goes below 5). I thought the temperature is supposed to be -1 when there are ice blocks.

2. The decay rate is inconsistent. I would sometimes see < 1% but other times the decay rate is the same as when items are in my inventory. Even when I'm in the area the decay rate can go above 1%. Once I went on a long trip and all the items in my smaller cellar disappeared (eg. decay to nothing). The large cellar had items > 20% decay. I checked the ice box and the ice blocks were still there for both cellars.

Note: I live in an area where the average temp is 18-20.

Any ideas?

World Info:

Liteloader 1.7.10 with forge 10.13.4.1448.

TFC 0.79.29.922

Cellars Addon 1.1

Udary 0.2.33

CodeChickenCore 1.0.6.43

Cooking with TFC 0.0.7

Fastcraft 1.21

Too much time 2.4.0

Leather Water Sac 3.9.B79

Voxelamp 1.5.17

NEI 1.0.4.107

TFCNEIPlugin 1.5.3.25

Waila 1.5.10

Thanks.

What temperature do display the cellar? It should show "below zero" if there is coolant in an Ice Bunker.
Did you edit the config file? Try to delete it.
Could you send me archived save via PM?

Edited by Sladki

Below zero is only when it is below zero outside. Otherwise it display 1degC.

1 hour ago, Sladki said:
  Reveal hidden contents

What temperature do display the cellar? It should show "below zero" if there is coolant in an Ice Bunker.
Did you edit the config file? Try to delete it.
Could you send me archived save via PM?

The max size cellar always displays 1. I did not modify the config file but I took your advice and deleted it anyways. I restarted the game and it created a new one. However the cellar still has temperature 1.

I created another max size cellar at the same x, z location but at y = 250 so the cellar's roof hits y = 254. The temperature in the new cellar still displays 1 even though it is high in the sky. In the wintertime I have seen the sky cellar display 'below zero' but only when outside temperature is around -10 and colder. My first max size cellar (y = 140ish) stays at 1.

The entire world's folder is 1.45GB, zipped up = 750MB. I'm not sure if PM supports this size. Still want it?

32 minutes ago, ciekma said:

Below zero is only when it is below zero outside. Otherwise it display 1degC.

See above, I created a new cellar in the sky. However, I have seen it display 1 deg C even though outside temperature is  -1 deg to -5 deg.

On 15.05.2017 at 6:46 PM, PPanda0421 said:

The max size cellar always displays 1. I did not modify the config file but I took your advice and deleted it anyways. I restarted the game and it created a new one. However the cellar still has temperature 1.

I created another max size cellar at the same x, z location but at y = 250 so the cellar's roof hits y = 254. The temperature in the new cellar still displays 1 even though it is high in the sky. In the wintertime I have seen the sky cellar display 'below zero' but only when outside temperature is around -10 and colder. My first max size cellar (y = 140ish) stays at 1.

The entire world's folder is 1.45GB, zipped up = 750MB. I'm not sure if PM supports this size. Still want it?

See above, I created a new cellar in the sky. However, I have seen it display 1 deg C even though outside temperature is  -1 deg to -5 deg.

Are you sure that you have loaded the cellar with right coolant and the stack decreased it's size by 1?
No, I don't want the entire save. Though you can zip the new world save, if it has the issue too (and make sure that the cellar is fueled with coolant).
Cellars will show higher than environment low temperatures due to the fact that cellars work in both "sides" and it's impossible to detect is a cellar under the surface (it supposed to be build there).

3 hours ago, Sladki said:

Are you sure that you have loaded the cellar with right coolant and the stack decreased it's size by 1?
No, I don't want the entire save. Though you can zip the new world save, if it has the issue too (and make sure that the cellar is fueled with coolant).
Cellars will show higher than environment low temperatures due to the fact that cellars work in both "sides" and it's impossible to detect is a cellar under the surface (it supposed to be build there).

Yes, I have ice blocks (coolant) in the ice bunker. I also added snow blocks as well and that didn't help. Not sure what you mean by stack decreased by 1, but I change stack size of ice blocks to 31 and the temperature is still 1. If you mean if the cellar is using up the ice blocks, then yes, they are decreasing gradually.

Just thought of something. You can create a new world with my seed and create a cellar at my exact location.

Seed: 6981113294711467920

Max size cooler where the Ice Bunker is at the following coordinates.

X = +1635

Z = -8674

Y = 149

Second max size cooler is in the sky at same X and Z ice bunker coordinates:

X = +1635

Z = -8674

Y = 251

Remember the coordinates are the location of the ice bunkers so build the max size cellars around them with 2 doors each cellar.

The location is directly above a big body of water.

Check out the temperatures in the summertime.

Thanks.

In my cellar temperature is also 1 during summertime. I thought it is normal behaviour?

8 hours ago, ciekma said:

In my cellar temperature is also 1 during summertime. I thought it is normal behaviour?

In the previous version if you click on the ice bunker the summertime it would say 'It is feezing in here' or something like that. That text meant the temperature was below zero. But more importantly (and more recently) the developer said that the default

temperature is -1 if there is coolant in the ice bunker. I read this in one of posts.

10 hours ago, ciekma said:

No, see below.

1 hour ago, PPanda0421 said:

In the previous version if you click on the ice bunker the summertime it would say 'It is feezing in here' or something like that. That text meant the temperature was below zero. But more importantly (and more recently) the developer said that the default

temperature is -1 if there is coolant in the ice bunker. I read this in one of posts.

Please do check the config file. It seems that that is my fault: I've set default "temperature with coolant" ("TemperatureIceHouse") to "1" in 1.1. If so, set it to any value below or equal zero.

1 hour ago, Sladki said:

No, see below.

Please do check the config file. It seems that that is my fault: I've set default "temperature with coolant" ("TemperatureIceHouse") to "1" in 1.1. If so, set it to any value below or equal zero.

In the previous version if you click on the ice bunker with an empty hand in the summertime it would say 'It is feezing in here' or something like that. That text meant the temperature was below zero. But more importantly the developer says

1 hour ago, Sladki said:

No, see below.

I checked the config file and you're right TemperatureIceHouse is set to 1 (even in newly created files) ! I changed it to -1 and now it works perfectly! Thanks for looking into it! :).

Im not sure if it is intended or not but cellar doesnt work if I place non cellar blocks inside it. Like pumpkin lantern ect. Would it be possible to add a config to allow some blocks to be placed inside? By default light sources and stoneblock/foodprep surface. Or even better, make a foodprep block that can be used inside and keeps the food in it cooled. 

Sometimes I want to agree with you. But then I think how weird it would be to prep food inside the freezer?

I also would like a light source inside the freezer. After all, every refrigerator has a light.

For now what I do is to build the cellar underground, under my house, but with enough room around so, I can have light sources on the outside. the light bleeds inside, so I can see my way in the cellar.

There is no need to have light (monsters are not spawning at cellar floor). Additionally, TFC light have usually fire origin, thus should not be used in cellar.

I'm using dynamic light mod configured for TFC torches,  torch in my hand is sufficient to give temporary light. I prefer to build whole cellar as the second floor above kitchen, for easy access to the ice bunker.

I think is more a case of personal taste and gameplay style

In the case of the cellar, the light is not to prevent mob spawning, is just to see my way around.

I usually put signs and divide the food into the food groups.  I don't use dynamic lights so the cellar is dark enough to make hard to read signs.

I use Decorations, so I just put gems on the outside walls of the cellar and the light sips through.

You can always just put down a torch and break it once you are done inside.

I would prefer to be able to use a Decorations Lantern and have to remember to turn it off before leaving the cellar.

For now, my solution works fine enough.

Just added this mod and dug out a 8x8 (7x7 interior) space and lined the floors , ceiling and walls with cellar blocks, placed a cooling block in the centre, and shelves along one wall.  However I cannot place the snow in the cooling block - the info tag on it says that there is a problem with the walls, ot has no doors; however the walls are solid, and there are two doors.  The shelf info says that they are not in a cellar, but the appear to be to me.

I am missing something simple I know - but I would love to fix it....winter is coming and I need to store my food!

Thanks,

Apiek

Edited by Apiek

4 hours ago, Apiek said:

Just added this mod and dug out a 8x8 (7x7 interior) space and lined the floors , ceiling and walls with cellar blocks, placed a cooling block in the centre, and shelves along one wall.  However I cannot place the snow in the cooling block - the info tag on it says that there is a problem with the walls, ot has no doors; however the walls are solid, and there are two doors.  The shelf info says that they are not in a cellar, but the appear to be to me.

I am missing something simple I know - but I would love to fix it....winter is coming and I need to store my food!

Thanks,

Apiek

You can try to set "Debug" to true in the config file (config/tfccellars.cfg), restart the application and watch in the log/console for messages after breaking and placing the cooling block again.

On 1/23/2018 at 7:22 PM, Sladki said:

You can try to set "Debug" to true in the config file (config/tfccellars.cfg), restart the application and watch in the log/console for messages after breaking and placing the cooling block again.

Super embarrassed to asks this, I changed the file as noted, but I am unsure where to find the log...and/or I am not seeing anything in the console - or what I think is the console in game - when I hit the backslash key. And the "normal" console command in most other games (tilda) does not bring up anything. Sorry, I normally can figure the obvious stuff out via reading a forum and doing some GoogleFu, but I am n00bing it up tonight.

Thanks in advance, and thank you for the prompt response - I was not sure based on how long it has been since the last post, if this was monitored any more.

Apiek

On 25.01.2018 at 8:38 AM, Apiek said:

Super embarrassed to asks this, I changed the file as noted, but I am unsure where to find the log...and/or I am not seeing anything in the console - or what I think is the console in game - when I hit the backslash key. And the "normal" console command in most other games (tilda) does not bring up anything. Sorry, I normally can figure the obvious stuff out via reading a forum and doing some GoogleFu, but I am n00bing it up tonight.

Thanks in advance, and thank you for the prompt response - I was not sure based on how long it has been since the last post, if this was monitored any more.

Apiek

logs/fml-client-latest.log.

But it can appear that there will be no messages about the cellar (bug) - check you walls. Anyway, try to rebuild the cellar with other sizes or in another location.

On 1/23/2018 at 1:43 PM, Apiek said:

Thanks,

Apiek

If you follow the pictures on the first page of this post everything should work fine. Position the walls and doors exactly the way shown there. Also, it has to be cellar doors, not regular doors, in case thats your issue. Remember the maximum high is 2 blocks, not 3.

How do I change the faction of player undead to Allied Kingdoms without editing the rest? In the Uncloak of Inconvenience addon, it overloads the undead birther file. Amongst other things, it says this:

Code: