Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Peffern

Accessories/Armor

9 posts in this topic

THIS IS NOT REFERRING TO COSMETIC ACCESSORIES. It is intended for pieces of armor that provide some function besides (a small amount of) defense. This was originally intended for MCF but it works better here anyway and MCF won't let me post anyway. Ok enough introduction...

First: backpacks.

Not like alchemy bags or ender pouches from other mods. Instead you would equip it in chest plate slot, giving 0.5 armor, and when you open your inventory you can see a 9 slot(maybe) backpack area. Like when you right click on a chest there's inventory and then chest? Be like that only on inventory open. If you take it off it dumps items on the ground (so you can't have tons) and also the backpack wouldn't have to store the items coding wise, they'd be stored on the player.

Recipe maybe 6 leather (or tanned leather if added) missing the top corners + the middle. And 2 string/rope/cloth in the top corners.

Next, the tool belt. Equipped in pants slot, gives 0.5 defense again, and greatly boosts your mining speed on stone, wood, & dirt (because it contains a pick, shovel, and axe). The idea is you equip it and when you mine *barehanded* you're using the toolbelt. It would really have 3 durability bars, for each tool, and it would show whatever the moist recent was. So if you'd just been mining, the durability would show low, but if you switched to a tree, it would switch to the axe and the durability bar would go up. If one tool broke, you would get an incomplete toolbelt, which would be unusable until you got the tool back. I see it using steel tools in crafting, and you would have something like ~80% of the speed of steel for balance purposes. Crafting recipe maybe steel pick, shovel, axe across top, then leather wrought iron leather.

Finally, mining helmets. There's already a suggestion for this so on just going to say I support it.

EDIT: tree climbing boots and rock climbing boots

'nuff said

Threadsteal lol

Add your own ideas/modifications to mine in response to this topic.

Thanks, peffern

Ok loving the idea but i would like to extend upon it... Ok first off i think if this idea is going to be implemented it should have a belt and backpack slot... Secoundly make different types of belts for every tool type... And thirdly make upgradable bags and what i mean by that is every type of bag would have a different amount of slots eg First bag you make has 2 slots next one get 2 and so on...

The upgradable bags sounds a bit sketchy. Maybe when agriculture comes out we could make it out of better materials? Ok Im liking that one. I almost said the thing you said about the different belts, but remember there's already 4 different versions of each belt (normal and missing each tool) so adding a new version for each might be really ID-intensive. And I actually like the idea of the new slot, but it would also be cool to use the built in ones. My original idea intended for MCF was that it would fit in the 4 armor slots (i.e. if you want a toolbelt, you have to forgo leggings, if you want a mining helmet, you have to forgo a helmet) Maybe just for balance purposes. BTW you have a misspelled word in your location. It should be "where" not "were" lol XD

I don't like the belt, but the backpack I appreacite a lot.

Some other item I would include is rubber boots(if they add resin), an scuba mask and air container(used in the chest) and perhaps a underwater pick/shovel. The mask would make seening in the water easier(brighter) and if used with the air container it would double/triple the amount of time underwater.

If you mean IC2 style rubber boots then no. Those things are WAY overpowered. Maybe just something simple, like blocking fall damage if it's less than 1.5 hearts or something. I think an if the glassblowing suggestion gets implemented then goggles for seeing underwater could be possible. I don't think scuba makes sense, I mean this has been said before but how about a breathing reed a la terraria, just a helmet that could let you breath if you were within 2 blocks of surface. An underwater pickaxe doesn't make any sense. If it's heavy enough to mine as fast as a normal pick, then it will be slower underwater, and if it is light enough to be used at the same speed underwater, then it would be slower. Also that doesn't belong on this thread but hey, it goes with your suggestion so ok.

No not like IC, more like what you meant.

Breathing reed is usefull just in small ponds and stuffs, but if you want to make something really deep down it would be useless. I love building underwater, that's why I suggest this things, and also for hunting those squids in a ocean biome not been so boring(breath, dive down, hit, dive up, breath...) and as they are acessories I guess they are realeated to this topic.

For the pickaxe it's make sense, pickaxes are made for scuba diving, they are lighter and have some hidrodynamics that allows then to swing faster underwater. But I could live without one, but some way to have more air that would be very welcome.

The problem with the air tank is that it turns out to be very difficult to hold air underwater IRL. Scuba is a fairly recent invention considering TFC is set in the year 1000. The only thing i can think of is a floating object. Basically an air tank item that when you place it on the surface of the water like a boat so an entity, that maybe drifts around to it. Then a helmet item like a mask that you put it on and right click on the floating tank. That connects you to the tank with a minimum distance of 4 blocks or so. Then you add more tubes to the slot in the tank to allow you to go further. The tank doesn't have durability but the helmet does, if you go too far away you disconnect (and probably drown) and if you stay down to long the helmet breaks (and you drown). Also as for seeing underwater if there aren't goggles then perhaps the mining helmet works underwater?

The year 1000 is not even relevant to Earth year 1000. It's a system number serving as a starting point.

Oh sorry. The point is still valid though. Compared to a handbuilt forge scuba is recent.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0