Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Therighthon

[TFC 0.79.22] CustomItems & Minetweaker - Additional Block Variants v1.1

16 posts in this topic

I recently came across a mod, Custom Items, that allows you to create your own blocks, items et cetera in minecraft. Using this mod and minetweaker, I have created a few scripts/config files that add a handful of new block variations to TFC.

Recipes:

Stone Pillars: B = Stone Brick (Item), M = Mortar

[ B ] [ M ] [ B ]

[ B ] [ M ] [ B ] = 4x Stone Pillars

[ B ] [ M ] [ B ]

Circle Stone:

[ B ] [ B ] [ B ]

[ B ] [ M ] [ B ]  = 4x Circle Stone

[ B ] [ B ] [ B ]

Tile: S = Smooth Stone

= 4x Tile

Fancy Tile: S = Smooth stone an C = Circle Stone

[C]

[C] = 4x Fancy Tile

Smooth Mineral Blocks: B = Brick (Crafted with a raw mineral and a chisel)

= 1x Smooth Mineral Block

Wooden Plank Fences: P = Single Plank, S = Stick

[ P ] [    ] [ P ]

[ P ] [ S ] [ P ] = 2x Plank Fence

[ P ] [ S ] [ P ]

Change Log

Update 1.0:

- Added Stone Pillars

- Added Circle Stone

- Added Wooden Plank Fences

Update 1.1:

- Changed Stack sizes for stone blocks to 32

- Added Serpentine and Jet stone types (Note that serpentine will not spawn normally)
- Added Stone Tiles

- Added Fancy Stone Tiles

Posted Image

In order to use this addon, you need the following things:

The Customitems mod, found here: http://www.curse.com/mc-mods/minecraft/224312-customitems
The Minetweaker mod, found here: http://minetweaker3.powerofbytes.com/
The Minetweaker Script, "Therighthon's TFC Addon.zs", found in "Minetweaker.zip" below. (The forums won't let me upload .zs files) Place this in the "scripts" subdirectory of your .minecraft.

The Customitems config files, in config.zip, found below. Place the contained folder in the "config" subdirectory of your .minecraft.
The "Required Assets.zip" resource pack found below. Treat this as a resource pack, that is to say, place it in your resource pack folder and then select it in game.

I may add more blocks and/or items with these mods. I am currently thinking about adding either wooden beams (crafted with a stone tool and a log), or some other stone age wooden material. Timber Frame and Petrified wood blocks are also in  the works.

RequiredAssetsX16.zip

customitemsconfig.zip

Minetweaker.zip

Edited by Therighthon

How are you trying to add the images? This button Posted Image is for linking images that you have uploaded to 3rd party hosting sites, like imgur.com. The popup looks like this: 

Posted Image

and you are supposed to add in the URL to the direct link of the image from the 3rd party host.

If you want to upload the images directly to this forum, you need to open up the full editor of the topic, scroll down to the bottom and click on Choose Files underneath where it says Attach Files next to the paperclip. That will create a standard window explorer popup where you select the image you want to upload. Once it's finished uploading, you have to click on "Add to Post" in order for it to actually show up in the body of the post.

post-3005-0-56097200-1427560660_thumb.pn

Posted Image

Your topic is also currently breaking Rule #4 for addons. Please use the full editor on your post to update the topic title accordingly.

This is extremely interesting, especially for an addon that is not properly said a mod. Really nice job.

useless mineral blocks would also be a nice addition, there used to be a jet block in extrafirmacraft.

I am sure that there is many decorative blocks that could be added. If I have ideas or textures to propose, i'll let you know.

I don't think I installed it right. I put the script in the script folder, the custom items cfg in the right place, and i put the contents of the resource pack zip in the resourcepacks folder. But the blocks don't have textures. What did I mess up?

I tried putting the .zip in correctly, I tried putting the contents of the zip in, I tried extracting it, and I tried using MultiMC to load it in. No result. Textures are still empty.

Edited by Peffern

I don't think I installed it right. I put the script in the script folder, the custom items cfg in the right place, and i put the contents of the resource pack zip in the resourcepacks folder. But the blocks don't have textures. What did I mess up?

I tried putting the .zip in correctly, I tried putting the contents of the zip in, I tried extracting it, and I tried using MultiMC to load it in. No result. Textures are still empty.

Did you make sure to select the resourcepack? I should have clarified that you have to. Otherwise, I would say that you should just take the textures and put them in the blocks folder of your customitems.jar (should be customitems.jar/assets/customitems/textures/blocks)Updated my original post to say that it needs to be selected.

Edited by Therighthon

I like these ideas, but I think this should be in the mod packs section, not in the addons, since is not a jar file.

It isn't really a pack. In addition it is a build your own. Akin to MineTweaker scripts it fits here.

Very nice addition.

I like these ideas, but I think this should be in the mod packs section, not in the addons, since is not a jar file.

How exactly is this a mod pack? The mod pack section is for mod packs, which are a group of multiple mods played together in combination with TFC that can all be downloaded from a single source, along with any necessary edited config files.

This topic is in the correct forum. If it was in the modpack forum, it would break rule #1 of the modpack forum because it doesn't include a download of TFC, it would also break rule #5 of the modpack forum because it is a "Build Your Own" in that players must go download and install all of the files individually themselves, instead of getting them from a single download or a pack code on a launcher.

This is a Third-Party Mod Modification, which stated in the rules at the top of this forum properly belongs in Addons & Applications. It is not a mod pack.

Did you make sure to select the resourcepack? I should have clarified that you have to. Otherwise, I would say that you should just take the textures and put them in the blocks folder of your customitems.jar (should be customitems.jar/assets/customitems/textures/blocks)Updated my original post to say that it needs to be selected.

Ohhhhhhh thanks. I have never done anything with resourcepacks before.

How exactly is this a mod pack? The mod pack section is for mod packs, which are a group of multiple mods played together in combination with TFC that can all be downloaded from a single source, along with any necessary edited config files.

This topic is in the correct forum. If it was in the modpack forum, it would break rule #1 of the modpack forum because it doesn't include a download of TFC, it would also break rule #5 of the modpack forum because it is a "Build Your Own" in that players must go download and install all of the files individually themselves, instead of getting them from a single download or a pack code on a launcher.

This is a Third-Party Mod Modification, which stated in the rules at the top of this forum properly belongs in Addons & Applications. It is not a mod pack.

As always you are right Kitty. Don't know where I got this idea. Sorry for the confusion, was actually trying to help.

Less useful in Vanilla TFC as there is no Stained Clay, but I have it added to may pack so I was playing with some textures and figured I throw them in here incase anyone wanted them.

Posted Image

Configs json files

Texture Files

Hey Therighthon, I started working on a similar project, but instead of new recipes, I am using Chisel 2 to change bewteen blocs. I only worked on wood items for now and the texture pack i'm building is 32x, but it can also be done for 16x.

If you want, we could join forces and only make one addon instead of having two compeeting projects.

I am hosting my code on github so you can freely contribute, and if you want we can use this post in the forum to promote the new version. https://github.com/aliceingame/TerraFirmaChisel

I do not plan to release until I have more blocks added, but for now I have one new variation of all the planks (tested and working with chisel 2).

Let me know if you are interested.

Edit : as this addon does not require TFC api, it work just fine in 79.16+

Edited by aliceingame

Hey Therighthon, I started working on a similar project, but instead of new recipes, I am using Chisel 2 to change bewteen blocs. I only worked on wood items for now and the texture pack i'm building is 32x, but it can also be done for 16x.

If you want, we could join forces and only make one addon instead of having two compeeting projects.

I am hosting my code on github so you can freely contribute, and if you want we can use this post in the forum to promote the new version. https://github.com/aliceingame/TerraFirmaChisel

I do not plan to release until I have more blocks added, but for now I have one new variation of all the planks (tested and working with chisel 2).

Let me know if you are interested.

Edit : as this addon does not require TFC api, it work just fine in 79.16+

Thank you very much for the offer, but I think I will leave my addon separate. While I do like the Chisel mod, I have always found the chisel interface to be... uninvolved, if you understand what I am getting at. I would rather have an addon that requires crafting, for my own personal use, and the use of anyone who feels the same way. That said, I think that creating a TFC-Chisel addon is a great idea, and I am excited to see what you you will do with it, but it is not what my addon was intended to be. If I feel up to it at some point in the future, might make a 16p texture pack for your addon, or even, with your permission, add some some of the blocks you create to my addon. Right about now however I am distracted by other endeavors.

Is there a reason the plank textures are duplicated in the assets?

I'm also getting an error, it looks like it's trying to find NEI, which I don't have installed. Can't see anywhere in the configs to disable NEI compatibility.

NoClassDefFoundError: me/otho/customItems/compability/NEICustomItemsConfig

Does it require NEI as well or can I just delete that class from the jar?

Edited by capt_slowpoke

Is there a reason the plank textures are duplicated in the assets?

I'm also getting an error, it looks like it's trying to find NEI, which I don't have installed. Can't see anywhere in the configs to disable NEI compatibility.

NoClassDefFoundError: me/otho/customItems/compability/NEICustomItemsConfig

Does it require NEI as well or can I just delete that class from the jar?

I am not sure about NEI compatibility, as I am not by any means an expert on the customitems mod. As for the plank duplication, that is because I can't tell the mod to rely on TFC textures for the plank fence blocks.

Edited by Therighthon

Yes CustomItems does have NEI as a dependency.