Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Lock0n09

[Solved] torch can't give light while in my hand

19 posts in this topic

My TFC version is 79.15, I read an updates about the TFC v79 and it said that torches can create light while it is in your hand......but mine is not working.....

Can someone help me please?.....Thanks.

I think the torch light in hand is a feature of the shaders mod. I vaguely remember seeing a video somewhere around the time that build 79 was coming out and I too may have been left with the impression that it was going to be in TFC, but it's definitely not.

To make torches create light while it is in your hand, you would need to install the dynamic lights mod :

http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding/minecraft-mods/1272478-dynamic-lights-portable-and-moving-lightsources

To make Terra firma torches ligth up in your hands you need to add "terrafirmacraft:Torch" to the confing .

Hope I could help you :D

Edited by RobinOfLocksley

thanks....maybe torch light in hand is for shaders only...

I use Dynamic Lights, without shaders,

check the link posted by RobinOfLocksley:

To make torches create light while it is in your hand, you would need to install the dynamic lights mod :

http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding/minecraft-mods/1272478-dynamic-lights-portable-and-moving-lightsources

To make Terra firma torches ligth up in your hands you need to add "terrafirmacraft:Torch" to the confing .

it works really fine (with 0.79.15 and 0.79.17)

ok yea i try it in shaders and it's not working..........can you teach me how light torches in by using config?

or if this is ok to terrafirmacraft...thanks

Where can i put the "terrafirmacraft:Torch",....there's a lot of config in Dynamic lights....

Edited by Lock0n09

In the list of what gives off light? There should be 'minecraft:torch' somewhere... everywhere you find that, add 'terrafirmacraft:Torch'.

it is in the file "DynamicLights_thePlayer.cfg" in the "config" folder.Here a sample - two lines changed:

# Configuration filegeneral {# Item IDs that shine light while held. Armor Items also work when worn. [ONLY ON YOURSELF]S:LightItems=torch,glowstone=12,glowstone_dust=10,lit_pumpkin,lava_bucket,redstone_torch=10,redstone=10,golden_helmet=14,golden_horse_armor=15,terrafirmacraft:Torch# Item IDs that do not shine light when held in water, have to be present in LightItems.S:TurnedOffByWaterItems=torch,lava_bucket,terrafirmacraft:Torch}

Edited by CHeuberger

I have tried this but it still isn't working.

"# Configuration file

general {
    # Item IDs that shine light while held. Armor Items also work when worn. [ONLY ON YOURSELF]
    S:LightItems=torch,glowstone=12,glowstone_dust=10,lit_pumpkin,lava_bucket,redstone_torch=10,redstone=10,golden_helmet=14,golden_horse_armor=15,terrafirmacraft:Tourch,easycoloredlights:easycoloredlightsCLStone=-1

# Item IDs that do not shine light when held in water, have to be present in LightItems.
    S:TurnedOffByWaterItems=torch,lava_bucket"

I have noticed that my config has an additional easycolored lights option. Could this be causing the issue ?

edit.

I went into creative and tried with a redstone torch and it worked fine.

I checked my spellings and spelt "torch" correctly and what do you know, it worked. I'm a fool....

Edited by aad74

On 1/6/2017 at 10:17 AM, Travis said:

How do you change the condig file on linx?

The same way you do on any operating system. Open the file in a text editor. 

It wont let me post my picture but my options in dynamic light.jar are

Assets

Atomicstryker

Coloredlightscore

META-INF

src

Changelog.txt

mcmod.info

Thats it.. idk which one to do

5 hours ago, Travis said:

It wont let me post my picture but my options in dynamic light.jar are

Assets

Atomicstryker

Coloredlightscore

META-INF

src

Changelog.txt

mcmod.info

Thats it.. idk which one to do

You've figured it out, but for future readers, The options are not in the dynamic light .jar file, they are in the config folder that is next to the mods folder where you put the .jar.