Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
aliceingame

[TFC 0.79.22] TerraFirmaChisel (Beta)

15 posts in this topic

TerraFirmaChisel is an "addon" that have two main goals. To make Chisel 2 more compatible with TFC and to add new blocks variations to TFC using Chisel 2.

This is not exactly an addon, but scripts and a ressource pack, using MineTweaker 3, ModTweakder 2 and CustomItems.

Download and install

- Go to the github repository and click on the "download zip" button on the right.

- Open the .zip file and open the first folder inside.

- Unzip the 3 files to your minecraft folder (it will ask you to confirm as there is already folders with the same name, but it's normal). For the first install, if you get a message saying that there is already a file with the same name, make sure you do not delete an other file you need. When you update, you should overwrite everything.

- Go select the TerraFirmaChisel Ressource Pack and make it the first one (it will use these texture in priority over other pack, otherwise you might end with duplicate texture).

- Of couse, install the required mods

Required mods

- TFC (of course)

- Chisel 2

MineTweaker 3

ModTweakder 2

- Meta Mod (CustomItems)

New blocks

- Jet block (from Extrafirmacrafr) 

Blocks variation

Plank

- Clean planks

- Blinds

Credits

Alice

- Clean planks (based on Faithful plank)

Credits

Faithful, by Dead91, maintained by ziat007

- TFC planks

Summerfield, by LithiumSound and maintained by lipki

- Blinds

- Blocks of Metal

Blockhead

-Jet block

Modpack

You can freely use TerraFirmaChisel in you modpack, you can use parts or the whole thing.

If you use it, I appreciate if you let me know and link to this post in you mod list, then I can link to you pack here.

Edited by aliceingame

I will try this out as soon as possible, and thank you for bringing this baby along! :) I'm a major fan of the chisel mod, and any step bringing me closer in TFC will be perfect!

I will try this out as soon as possible, and thank you for bringing this baby along! :) I'm a major fan of the chisel mod, and any step bringing me closer in TFC will be perfect!

I love the paper walls and japanese style glass panes. I think they fit perfectly in TFC.

I'm testing the clean planks as I'm typing this, next will most likely adding Chisel 2 recipe compatibility.

Any feedback and ideas are welcome!

And thanks for the support.

Edit : I have not tested the hardness and resistance of the planks, if anybody have the TFC values for planks, I will use the same.

Edited by aliceingame

I just completed the addition of Metal blocks for all the metals, so the one that are already in Chisel 2 can now be chiselled, for the others, new textures have to be made for TFC metals to match Chisel 2 textures.

I am still working on new wood block textures.

On the smooth stone and stone bricks, it will require preparatory work on groups ans use of existing chisel 2 blocks.

@aliceingame: I currenty working on a addon for TFC that add custom chisel modes to the TFC chisel (no need for one more chisel right!?).

How ever, I need some help with the textures, they are a lot of work! So any TFC related texture that fits the Chisel 2 team (blocks with dent and other connected texture blocks) are very welcome.

Edited by raymondbh

I spent some time fooling around in paint.net today, tell me what you think.

7133530cb42781a199b356f6b0796aaf.pngb603fd20b08c88f8ad494555cc97e1a9.png
ef39510b57aa1839aa707a3a3a0982c4.png0c2e1f3e46bce73e9498e24b44afb53a.png

EDIT: I'm actually just gonna go ahead and finish this because I'm tired of waiting.

74e8a3905139a8c3620474525af4f536.png

Edited by Higgs Bonbon

nyet, I'd prefer if they were added to something fully functional and they utilized classic Chisel mechanics, so I'll probably throw together my own fork

Ok.. what do you mean with fully functional?

If I am allowed, I would like to add them in parallel with your fork, more decorative blocks are always welcome.

I spent some time fooling around in paint.net today, tell me what you think.

7133530cb42781a199b356f6b0796aaf.pngb603fd20b08c88f8ad494555cc97e1a9.png

ef39510b57aa1839aa707a3a3a0982c4.png0c2e1f3e46bce73e9498e24b44afb53a.png

EDIT: I'm actually just gonna go ahead and finish this because I'm tired of waiting.

74e8a3905139a8c3620474525af4f536.png

I am sorry, I have not been active for a long time. I do love these textures and it would be great to add them. Do you have a downloadable file or can you submit them to my github repository ? That way i can just accept it and it will be available for everybody to use. I can check to code the new blocks, but if you know how, feel free to help.

To be honest, I think that  raymondbh option is interesting as he is able to create connected textures (I can easily imagine pillar textures that would benefit of it), thing that I do cannot do using these scripts.

I am sorry, I have not been active for a long time. I do love these textures and it would be great to add them. Do you have a downloadable file or can you submit them to my github repository ? That way i can just accept it and it will be available for everybody to use. I can check to code the new blocks, but if you know how, feel free to help.

To be honest, I think that  raymondbh option is interesting as he is able to create connected textures (I can easily imagine pillar textures that would benefit of it), thing that I do cannot do using these scripts.

If you or he knows how to build different patterns of repetition I'd be more inclined, at the moment I'm just mulling over other patterns I can overlay into the stone textures. Incidentally, I've noticed that the vanilla TFC smooth stone blocks have a unique texture rather than simply shadows overlayed onto the base stone, perhaps one of yous could help me isolate a flat version of it without the block bevel?

e0558ca0fce35c64dcdaf60a367c4d0a.png

If you or he knows how to build different patterns of repetition I'd be more inclined, at the moment I'm just mulling over other patterns I can overlay into the stone textures. Incidentally, I've noticed that the vanilla TFC smooth stone blocks have a unique texture rather than simply shadows overlayed onto the base stone, perhaps one of yous could help me isolate a flat version of it without the block bevel?

e0558ca0fce35c64dcdaf60a367c4d0a.png

That's not so easy I believe. I have made my own for every stonetype. You can find it in the top left corner of the CTM texture for each stone. All my textures are available on Github.

That's not so easy I believe. I have made my own for every stonetype. You can find it in the top left corner of the CTM texture for each stone. All my textures are available on Github.

Mmmmh, understandable, it does seem the texture was made from scratch rather than using an overlay.

Mmmmh, understandable, it does seem the texture was made from scratch rather than using an overlay.

How are you doing with the textures? Need any assistance? 

I get this when I start up my game I get, ERROR: Terrafirmachisel.zs:# > No such member: chisel

Everything else is fine though.