Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Balthizarlucien

Realistic Survival House Build

27 posts in this topic

I thought I would share the current house I am building in my survival world as I am trying to keep it as real as possible. 

Posted Image

I have the basement done and will be posting a full home tour once it is entirely build and furnished the way I want :)

Posted Image

Let me know what you guys think as I would love to get some feedback and maybe some ideas for the layout upstairs :)

Design looks good but it's only 1/3 of a large house so far :D You must have a lot of resources.

Not really, just a lot of time and a efficient tree farm lol. I have burned through a metric butt ton of spruce already and I am not even close to done lol.

All of the wood in there so far is pure spruce planks... Very time consuming but aesthetically pleasing. I tried the support beams but they didn't seem to look as good to me.

What type of bushes are those? They look good, and you have found a lot of them.

All of the wood in there so far is pure spruce planks... Very time consuming but aesthetically pleasing. I tried the support beams but they didn't seem to look as good to me.

WOW

What type of bushes are those? They look good, and you have found a lot of them.

Those are raspberries and blackberries. I usually spent a few in game weeks just following the coastline and weaving inland if I run out of that looking for seeds so I tend to gather a very wide variety of seeds, bushes and fruit tree saplings as well as plenty of each specimen. It's not the easiest way to play but I tend to manage eek through my first winter in a spot the really suits me. I have strict requirements for a homestead site including elevated water source, decent flat ground near by and a northern z coords as I do love seasons and the challenge.Oh btw the other light green ones are gooseberries and I found several patches of those in my pre Stone Age nomadic period. Edited by Balthizarlucien

Posted Image

First floor walls are framed out! it took much longer than the basement because of the hordes of zombies I was also fighting while building lol. Now to sheath the exterior and setup the ceiling :)

Edited by Balthizarlucien

I finished a corner of the exterior sheathing... what do you guys think? do you love it or hate it? Posted Image

Edited by Balthizarlucien

It looks like your images are broken. Could you try uploading them to a 3rd party site and then linking them? I'd be happy to update your posts afterwards so the image properly displays.

It looks like your images are broken. Could you try uploading them to a 3rd party site and then linking them? I'd be happy to update your posts afterwards so the image properly displays.

I think I fixed them now... sorry. I posted them to a third party site yesterday and I must have grabbed the wrong link when I put them here

I can just repeat my self : WOW

This looks like a ton of work, but it is worth it :D Keep it up ;)

You got yourself a nice floor pattern going there  ;)

the world file got corrupted today :( I will be posting the new build as soon as I start it. 

the world file got corrupted today :( I will be posting the new build as soon as I start it. 

dat feel bro

remember how i had the same problem

it's already a year scince i've started making back-up copies every now and then

I like the idea, I'm going to steal it. Question though, I may have missed it in a bug report, did they fix the whole planks being super laggy?

I haven't noticed any real lag to them except occasionally they refuse to render at startup.

I like the idea, I'm going to steal it. Question though, I may have missed it in a bug report, did they fix the whole planks being super laggy?

I haven't noticed any real lag to them except occasionally they refuse to render at startup.

I think the lag was caused mainly by lots of lumber being used - this would appear to be planks, chiselled ("slabbed") down to be the desired dimensions.

(thinking about it it may also have been detail mode chiselling causing lag)I do seem to remember a changelog (maybe B79.16) which said the lag had been fixed.

I think the lag was caused mainly by lots of lumber being used - this would appear to be planks, chiselled ("slabbed") down to be the desired dimensions.(thinking about it it may also have been detail mode chiselling causing lag)I do seem to remember a changelog (maybe B79.16) which said the lag had been fixed.

This is not plank blocks chisels down. This is done entirely by hand with lumber pieces. I will be posting another of these when I finally get to that point again on the new world I had to build over again because the world had become corrupted and I lost all of it.

This is not plank blocks chisels down. This is done entirely by hand with lumber pieces. I will be posting another of these when I finally get to that point again on the new world I had to build over again because the world had become corrupted and I lost all of it.

Please do, I took some inspiration and tried to do similar, but I didn't like the result so much when it came time to do the roof, I'd like to see how you do it. You should totally make a guide for it!

Edited by WingedRayeth

Please do, I took some inspiration and tried to do similar, but I didn't like the result so much when it came time to do the roof, I'd like to see how you do it. You should totally make a guide for it!

The roof will definitely be tricky and I am not really sure how I will approach it. I am excited at the prospect of the shingling a bit more than the framing though. As for a guide, I can try but I won't promise how good it will turn out lol.

Yeah, that is the trouble I had. I might try again and instead of doing a traditional roof, I may just do a thatch roof, since you can creatively use plank trim to make it relatively spider proof. I would post screen shots of my build, but I ended up getting rid of that world for a lack of metals in the area I had settled down in. I thought I had a good source of copper, but it dried up really quickly!

ok, i got way too excited when i saw my pack being used. just going to throw that out there, rofl. its such a shame that world got corrupted, it was looking so beautiful. you have more build talent than i do that's for sure.

ok, i got way too excited when i saw my pack being used. just going to throw that out there, rofl. its such a shame that world got corrupted, it was looking so beautiful. you have more build talent than i do that's for sure.

I actually love using your pack and I have been using it on the Ursine Nation server... I will need to post some pics of the Motte And Bailey I have been building ;)