Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Coragamy

Hunger System Tweak

14 posts in this topic

I think its strange that you can go and put on some steel armor ,which irl weighed almost as much as the knight wearing it I believe, and no be slower or have your hunger taken up faster. I think that while wearing armor or carrying certain things like ingots or cubic meters of wooden planks should eat up your hunger more. It would add to the realism of the mod.

iron armour weighed a ton, the helm alone weighed 50 pounds. steel armour may have been lighter if treated properly, but the most common type of steel back then, which by the way was rare do to how hard it was to make, weighed about as much. but that is not realy important to this topic, i actualy like the idea of armour weighing you down and making you hungry faster. fits in with my new addition to my new health and medicine system sugesstion. i hade the idea of keeping the icons but instead of having 10, you only have one and a number next to the icon that, as with hunger, goes down over time, and with health, only goes down when hurt or starving. this would be that much easier to implement if the health and hunger systems are redone entirely, so actions like swimming, running and fighting speed up the loss of hunger. and wearing armour increases it even more, maybe even doubles the rate.

iron armour weighed a ton, the helm alone weighed 50 pounds. steel armour may have been lighter if treated properly, but the most common type of steel back then, which by the way was rare do to how hard it was to make, weighed about as much. but that is not realy important to this topic, i actualy like the idea of armour weighing you down and making you hungry faster. fits in with my new addition to my new health and medicine system sugesstion. i hade the idea of keeping the icons but instead of having 10, you only have one and a number next to the icon that, as with hunger, goes down over time, and with health, only goes down when hurt or starving. this would be that much easier to implement if the health and hunger systems are redone entirely, so actions like swimming, running and fighting speed up the loss of hunger. and wearing armour increases it even more, maybe even doubles the rate.

Please do not spout bullshit. I have worn a suit of plate armor, and it weighed slightly less than 100 pounds, and I was completely able to run in it for short periods of time, and I was not a person who was in excellent physical condition. I have also done a cartwheel in said armor. They are very manuverable.

Plate armor should not reduce your speed, except in that it should reduce maximum time you can sprint from infinite to something reasonable, like a minute.

Maybe you had more modern armor on cevkiv cause in medieval times it weighed a ton.

Suits could be between 40-100pounds.

As said before, the early ones were probably heavier.

But then again Steve is not going from stone age, he seems to know more then that.

C'mon he chops trees to four blocks of planks then makes a crafting table out of it.

Also, knights (almost the only ones who wore armor suits) trained in armor since their teens.

I think adding such a system would just spoil the fun in TFC.

BUT if we could make railkarts easier and have horses to carry our items.

AND harder smarter and groups of enemies, THEN I am for the idea.

What if, Im not sure if this is hard to code, you could choose if you wanted armor to affect your hunger or not? That way people who feel it ruins the fun could turn it off and others could leave it on.

Suits could be between 40-100pounds.

As said before, the early ones were probably heavier.

But then again Steve is not going from stone age, he seems to know more then that.

C'mon he chops trees to four blocks of planks then makes a crafting table out of it.

Also, knights (almost the only ones who wore armor suits) trained in armor since their teens.

I think adding such a system would just spoil the fun in TFC.

BUT if we could make railkarts easier and have horses to carry our items.

AND harder smarter and groups of enemies, THEN I am for the idea.

Also on the calender it says 1000 and im assuming that's A.D cause in debug mode if you hit year it goes to 1001 so ya it isn't stone age.

Also on the calender it says 1000 and im assuming that's A.D cause in debug mode if you hit year it goes to 1001 so ya it isn't stone age.

The year 1000 is just a number, it has no relevance to real life Earth year 1000.

The year 1000 is just a number, it has no relevance to real life Earth year 1000.

That explains the lack of ruins and roads.

sorry i was alittle confused last night due to how tired i was, i was thinking back to an old book i had read, while there were exsisting sets of ultra heavy armour that the helm alone would weigh 50 pounds, these were not very common, atleast not for very long, the average weight of a knights suit of armour through out the middle ages is said to be some where between 100 and 150. current metalworking methods have made it so that armour that is made today, although not nearly as strong or protective, mainly due to it being bought by guys who just what to look cool while they Larp, they are mainly ment for decoration now and days and wheigh very little in comparison. so if you think you are could wear a real ful suit of armour like the Knights of old and do a summersault, just forget about it dude. some of the heaviest suits of armour wer said to be so heavy that sometimes if i knight fell off his horse and landed in deep enough liquids, then theknight might drown because they might not be able to get back up. this was rare because the knights were trained to wear the armours over a very long time, but sometimes a knight might either be to tired, suffering from heat exhaustion or even hurt to much to get up on there own. again armour this heavy was rare and not popular for very long, but it did exsist and i am sure most of the people here would ne be able to lift there hands to there face if they were to wear it. i got to hold one of those helms before, trust me. if god and the devil both got together and told be to put on a full suit that went with that helm, i would still refuse.

Maybe you had more modern armor on cevkiv cause in medieval times it weighed a ton.

No, no, it didn't, you don't know what you're talking about.

I used to to do SCA and various other reenactment stuff. Steel and Iron weigh just as much now as they did then.

I was just making a guess. Geez no need to be rude. Also it makes sense that it would weigh less now because smiths may have learned new techniques.

I was just making a guess. Geez no need to be rude. Also it makes sense that it would weigh less now because smiths may have learned new techniques.

Of course they have. And those very expensive techniques are used for the mass production of industrial-grade structural steel that keeps the roof from collapsing in on your head when you walk into a 200-story sky scraper.

That is not the steel they use for medieval reenactment armor. Armor gets made from the (relatively) cheap stuff that was just as available to our forebears

Of course they have. And those very expensive techniques are used for the mass production of industrial-grade structural steel that keeps the roof from collapsing in on your head when you walk into a 200-story sky scraper.

That is not the steel they use for medieval reenactment armor. Armor gets made from the (relatively) cheap stuff that was just as available to our forebears

The only plate I've ever worn I could have bought from the owner "for a grand". It weighed very little, maybe about 75 pounds. I say this because it was heavier than a bag of flour we used at work, but significantly lighter than two. I was able to run, jump, climb, crawl, and even do a cartwheel in it. The weight was fairly evenly distributed -- it wasn't like wearing a 75 lbs backpack. It was also hot as all hell in the summer sun. Aside from not being able to jump as high, there was nothing I couldn't do in the armor that I could do out of it. It was just tiring as I wasn't used to the weight or the distribution.

For comparison, a hauberk of iron or steel weighs 20 to 25 pounds. I've seen a very fancy one once made out of titanium that weighed less than 15 pounds. http://neptunic.com/sharksuits/neptunic-classic/ is a full-body mail suit that is shark bite resistant for divers that weighs about 20 pounds, so it's probably made of titanium.