Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Krethinth

[Solved] enableCropsDie=false, yet not activated in-game

10 posts in this topic

So I've started a new world and adventured around grabbing what I could. However, as time progressed all the crops in the world disappeared. I looked into what might have caused this, however enableCropsDie is false as default, and I haven't changed anything. This has ruined my world as i no longer have access to any crops besides those i initially gathered seeds of. Is there anything I can do to save my world or prevent this from occurring in a new world?

enableCropsDie is for crops dying of old age, not from frost. Crops will always die if it gets too cold in TFC.

http://wiki.terrafirmacraft.com/Agriculture

"Wild crops only generate between the seasons of Spring and Late Summer, and have a chance to regenerate during those seasons every year."

Edited by Kittychanley

Environmental dead of crops don't give seeds, run around harm areas or in harm seasons later than spring (Springs is the respawn time).I think this config tag "enableCropsDie is false" is default in standard and affect the player crops in farmlands not wild crops.

*ops, sorry redundancy i started write and not see the Kitty post.

Edited by CalangoMC

I think this config tag "enableCropsDie is false" is default in standard and affect the player crops in farmlands not wild crops.

enableCropsDie affects both farmland and wild crops. When this config option is set to true, crops can die of old age if they are at the mature stage of growth for too long.

There is no config option to turn off crops dying from getting too cold.

I at first thought that the issue was cold as winter was starting, however, I traveled to -7000z and have yet to find a single new wild crop. It's as if they have all died from old age, despite that it's disabled.

Exact same sentence, but this time we bold the first half:

"Wild crops only generate between the seasons of Spring and Late Summer, and have a chance to regenerate during those seasons every year."

If you are exploring and generating new chunks outside of those seasons, you will not find any wild crops.

Ah okay, I understand. Thank you very much for the quick response. I love your youtube series btw Kitty, are you going to continue it?

I am hoping to continue the series once my course-load lightens up a bit. I took a lot of really hard classes this semester, so I haven't really had time outside of studying to make videos. I plan on getting back into making and releasing some videos in May and June, since I don't have any classes during those months. I'm taking accelerated summer courses during the months of July and August, so after the end of June we'll have to see how my fall semester course load is and if I can start a consistent series up again then.

Environmental dead of crops don't give seeds, run around harm areas or in harm seasons later than spring (Springs is the respawn time).

As far as I remember, crops that die during winter will replace themselves with seeds.

As far as I remember, crops that die during winter will replace themselves with seeds.

Only farmland crops. Crops growing in the wild that are on grass or normal dirt blocks will not replace themselves with seeds, because the seeds do not despawn and it would quickly result in worlds littered with seeds after only a few seasons.