Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
justmeish1997

[Solved] Dynamic Lights ID's

14 posts in this topic

TFC Version #: 0.79.18.673

Forge Version #: 10.13.2.1272

SSP/SMP (SinglePlayer/MultiPlayer): Singleplayer

Description: Dynamic Lights ID's for configs

Hi, I have added terrafirmacraft:Torch to my config for Dynamic Lights... but I want to add Oil Lamps, Jack o'Lanterns and Blue Steel Bucket of Lava... I don't know the ID's for these items... when I tried the number codes that are on NEI it didn't work...
Thanks for your help
(my reddit link) http://www.reddit.com/r/TerraFirmaCraft/comments/34f1ty/dynamic_lights_ids/

You can use NEI to do a datadump to get the name IDs, or you can install Inventory Tweaks, and then hit F3+H and put your cursor over an item and it will show the name.

Justmeish, can you upload the config file when you are done please? I'll be super duper grateful

Justmeish, can you upload the config file when you are done please? I'll be super duper grateful

It's much better for you to just use the methods I listed above and create the edited config file for yourself, because otherwise you haven't learned anything and the next time something changes you're going to be stuck waiting for somebody to provide you with the new IDs again.

I'm still new at editing configs and files, so could someone go into full detail on how to add TerraFirmaCraft specific items to DynamicLights? I wanted to make a new forum on it, until  I found this post

As stated in my earlier reply, either install NEI and use it's data dump feature, or install Inventory Tweaks and press F3+H to get the item IDs. From there you just add them to the list in each of the config files under the spots you want them.

For example, if you open up the DynamicLights_thePlayer.cfg file, it says "Item IDs that shine light while held. Armor Items also work when worn. [ONLY ON YOURSELF]"

So if I wanted say TFC torches to shine light when I held them in my hand, I would go find the item ID for torches, which is terrafirmacraft:Torch and add it to the comma separated list of items in that config file.

I have the config as part of the TerraFirmaPack. I don't have the oil lamps as I treated them as off until placed.

Sweet! Now my torches and lamps light up in my hand! Thanks!

Hi, Sorry I am new to configuration of mods, and Terrafirmacraft in general. But I have searched for a good half hour to an hour looking for the configuration files, and trying to follow the directions that you have provided, but came up empty handed. Any additional information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Hi, Sorry I am new to configuration of mods, and Terrafirmacraft in general. But I have searched for a good half hour to an hour looking for the configuration files, and trying to follow the directions that you have provided, but came up empty handed. Any additional information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

When you installed TerraFirmaCraft, you put the file in a folder called "mods" right next to that folder is a folder called "config" that has all the configuration files inside of it.