Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
smiley

[Solved] Invisible Pheasants FPS drop from 60 to 10

7 posts in this topic

Have you read, understood, and followed all of the rules listed in large text at the top of the support forum? (Yes/No):

Yes.

TFC Version #: 0.79.18 Forge Version #: 10.13.2.1291 SSP/SMP (SinglePlayer/MultiPlayer):  SSP Description: 

Pheasants are invisible for me, or are only rendered partially, as a few lines of color. They render against infinite sky, but are invisible again if you get close, or terrain renders behind them. When they are on my screen, I get a tremendous FPS drop down to 10 FPS, sometimes down to 1 FPS. Have you deleted your config files or are using default configs and are still able to reproduce this bug? (Yes/No):  Yes. Do you have any mods other than Forge and TFC installed? (Yes/No): If yes, which mods? 

Yes. I have FastCraft 1.21 If you have Optifine or Cauldron installed, can you still reproduce the bug after uninstalling them? (Yes/No):  I don't have either of these installed. Pastebin.com link of the Crash Report:

No crash report, but here's a screenshot of the pheasant as it appears for me in the game.

post-18104-0-44126600-1431538055_thumb.p

Changes to the JVM arguments have no effect.

Try removing fastcraft and updating your graphics drivers. There has been one report of this in the past, but the player was unable to reproduce it on any other machine and a solution or explanation was never found. It's likely that something is wrong with your hardware, and it isn't actually a TFC issue.

http://terrafirmacraft.com/f/topic/5418-pheasant-not-rendering/?hl=pheasant

Try removing fastcraft and updating your graphics drivers. There has been one report of this in the past, but the player was unable to reproduce it on any other machine and a solution or explanation was never found. It's likely that something is wrong with your hardware, and it isn't actually a TFC issue.

http://terrafirmacraft.com/f/topic/5418-pheasant-not-rendering/?hl=pheasant

I see. I have gone through the gauntlet with my video driver already. The one provided by my computer's manufacturer is the ones I'm using now. I tried Omega and others, but this driver is up to date, and is recommended by Dell for this laptop.

From reading his post (why that didnt come up in my search results is a mystery), I think the problem is the hardware. Both he and I are experiencing the same exact issue, and he also has a similar graphics unit. He's got an ATI Mobility Radeon x1600, and I have an ATI Mobility Radeon x1400. If I had to guess, I'd say it's a Mobility Radeon issue.

Unfortunate. I can't update a laptop. Can I remove pheasants? They are the only things that glitch like this. Deer, bears (haven't found roosters yet) work fine. Right now, I just avoid them.

I may try removing fastcraft, but I'm pretty sure it's not going to have any effect, considering the other fellow didn't have it installed, and experienced the same issue with a similar setup.

[EDIT] I just tried it without FastCraft, no improvement. I notice that the closer I am to it, the more my FPS will drop, until I am right on top of it, and will get about 1 FPS. From a distance, it's almost not lagging. And what's strange is, if there is no terrain behind the bird, I can see it. I think it's still affecting my FPS, but at least I can identify the mob. It almost seems like it's rendering under or behind the terrain.

Edited by smiley

Currently there isn't any way to remove pheasants. Since this is the second report of this issue happening, I'll make sure to add a config option for the next version so that you can disable their spawning.

Heh, you ninja'd my edit. I know my computer is old and crotchety, but thanks for the consideration. Many developers won't touch their code for older computers.

A work around solution for you would be to install opis and mobiuscore. Using /opis will bring up a separate window. You can then click tracking tab, then entities. Select (highlight) pheasants and then click kill all. It will only kill pheasants in loaded chunks, but it allows you a method of clearing them out.

Found a different fix, so the config option will not be included in the next release.