Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Raxmo

[help wanted] AeroFirmaCraft

4 posts in this topic

So, I'm not much of a programmer, nor have I ever made a mod, etc,etc, but I'd like to work on a mod for TFC that will be similar to , and would love to have a bit of help with it. I already have a few ideas for it:

• Barrels will allow for composting into dirt
  • something along the lines of actual composting methods
  • idea 1) sealing plant material with water [easy to execute]
  • idea 2) having high nitrogen (green stuff) and high carbon (brown stuff) in an open barrel [not sure how to execute]
[*]addition of Skylonite
  • Skylonite dirt does not fall (?)
  • Skylonite dirt is made from composting
  • Skylonite gravel holds all ores + gems
[*]Reworking of hammers
  • hammers can brake stone into gravel, etc, etc.
[*]using barrels of water and dust [*]adding config option for void world

there are a few things I'd like to iron out (concept wise that is)

• How to "sieve" out rocks/etc?
  • how would one start off?
  • what should the starting equipment be?

So, yeah, any input/etc would be awesome. Again, new to modding, inexperienced in programming, and mostly full of ideas. Anyway, let me know what you guys think, etc, thanks!

Hammers already break some stones into flux. Although I did like the idea, maybe cobblestone can be broken with a hammer to gravel, gravel to sand? maybe you'd need a machine though?

What would be the result of the composting? Fertilizer? You don't say.

You need more details on Skylonite, what is IT, why would it's dirt behave differently. Is it ONLY made from composting? I would expect to not make "dirt" and to make compost/fertilizer.

You need to flesh out the rest of your idea, water and dust (dust from?) to make what?

As for starting off, there are lots of videos around, there's even a tutorial set on this site somewhere. It's not hard, but it's not straight forward either.

I'm guessing this suggestion is based on all of the recent skyblock maps like Agrarian skies. Where you break stuff down with a hammer, sieve it, etc. In those cases, dust in a barrel + water gives you clay.

I'm guessing this suggestion is based on all of the recent skyblock maps like Agrarian skies. Where you break stuff down with a hammer, sieve it, etc. In those cases, dust in a barrel + water gives you clay.TFC

Right on the money there. However, I'm looking to make a TFC feeling addon to allow for a "from nothing" approach, but still with the same feel of TFC, where it is more logical than how exnihilo currently works, and only adding a few things, tweeking a few things (hence the skyorite and what not). also, I have a nasty habit of only being on here when tired, so I'll come back to this when more allert.