Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
teiwaz

Wooden buckets and barrel liquids

42 posts in this topic

One of the bigger issues is that it isn't common knowledge that barrels and large vessels are literally big buckets. Most of the splitting that players want is exactly as you described, just splitting one full barrel into two, which can be done quickly by just using a large vessel like a bucket and clicking on the barrel with it, therefore taking 5 buckets worth of liquid out, leaving 5 buckets in the barrel. If you want to split the liquid into smaller amounts than that, that's why we made it so you can empty bottles back into containers.

Another reason why there isn't buckets of alcohol is because there are going to be players out there who are then going to complain about not being able to drink from said buckets. "I was able to take it out of the barrel, how come I can't drink it?!" When there aren't buckets of the alcohol, players then have to figure out about the bottles. If there are buckets of alcohol, there's players who won't even think that bottles are an option in the game because the first thing that they tried to take it out of the barrel worked. And no, we're not going to add buckets of alcohol that you can drink from. And even if we did, it would literally kill the player of alcohol poisoning as soon as they drank it.

And even if we did, it would literally kill the player of alcohol poisoning as soon as they drank it.

Do it! XD

Another reason why there isn't buckets of alcohol is because there are going to be players out there who are then going to complain about not being able to drink from said buckets. "I was able to take it out of the barrel, how come I can't drink it?!" When there aren't buckets of the alcohol, players then have to figure out about the bottles. If there are buckets of alcohol, there's players who won't even think that bottles are an option in the game because the first thing that they tried to take it out of the barrel worked. And no, we're not going to add buckets of alcohol that you can drink from. And even if we did, it would literally kill the player of alcohol poisoning as soon as they drank it.

Okay, I can totally see that :D I'm evil that way, so I would let them poison themselves ;) , but it IS a valid point.

Anyway, this whole discussion just gave me a brilliant idea ... *goes away cackling evilly to look at her mod*

[...] we're not going to add buckets of alcohol that you can drink from. And even if we did, it would literally kill the player of alcohol poisoning as soon as they drank it.

Whelp, I know what my first addon is going to be. That sounds priceless.

Edited by TaeoG

I didnt want to make another post about alcohol. Is it that u can make it only with sugarcane? Or u can use other plants to make it like in the wiki?

I didnt want to make another post about alcohol. Is it that u can make it only with sugarcane? Or u can use other plants to make it like in the wiki?

In older versions of the game you could only make it with sugarcane. In the current version of the game, you can make it with all the things listed on the wiki.

For the first ingame week that I had cows I always milked the cows but had no vinegar yet. Now I have 3 full barrels of milk and one full barrel of vinegar. I can't drink the milk, I can't move the milk anywhere else. I tried glass bottles, buckets, jugs but nothing works. Do I have to give up on making cheese?

Edited by Lexx

Use a wood bucket to remove 1 bucket of milk from the barrel so you will have enough room for the vinegar. get a bucket of vinegar and put in the barrel gui, once you seal the barrel the cheese  process will begin.

That doesn't work.

- Put barrel in output mode, put bucket inside = nothing happens

- put barrel in output mode, rightclick with bucket = nothing happens

I even went crazy and tried silly options, like rightclicking the barrel with another barrel that has one bucket of vinegar in it. I also tried glass bottles and the ceramic jug. I obviously also tried stupid things, like input mode. Sealed and unsealed. 

If the barrel is not sealed you should be able to right click with a wood bucket to remove 1 bucket of milk.

I'm glad to hear that is the intended function;)

I'm playing the unchanged & up-to-date Modpack on the AT Launcher - it doesn't work there. 

Bucket + Water Barrel = works

Bucket + vinegar barrel = works

Bottle + alcohol barrel = works

Edited by Lexx

Which mod pack specifically are you using?

I've just loaded up the game with the latest released version and tried myself and all of the following actions work to get a bucket of milk out:

• Stand in front of an unsealed milk barrel. While holding an empty wooden bucket, right-click on the barrel block.
  • Putting an empty wooden bucket into the barrels input slot while it is unsealed and clicking the arrow to make it output mode

Are you sure you are using the correct type of bucket?

Hi,

the Modpack is TechNodeFirmaCraft 2.1.1 on the AT launcher

The bucket I use is 'Wooden Bucket (empty)' with item ID 4607.

It works for milking cows and putting milk into the barrel, for vinegar out of barrels and so forth.

Rightclicking the barrel with it opens the barrel interface but transfers no liquids, same for rightclicking on the liquid directly.

As much as I know TechNodeFirmaCraft is a Fork out of Terrafirmacraft, so you need to ask for support on their forum.

As a general rule when using a modpack always look for support in the specific forum or tread. When you mix and match other addons bugs will happen and that's why on the support page is asked if you can replicate the problem with just tfc and no other mod or addon.

Edited by TonyLiberatto

Hi,

the Modpack is TechNodeFirmaCraft 2.1.1 on the AT launcher

TechNodeFirmaCraft doesn't even use an official copy of TFC. They've edited the source code and redistributed their own edited copy, which is likely why you are experiencing buggy behavior. Unfortunately, because it's not official code, there's really nothing more we can do to help you on this forum.

Thanks for trying and sorry for the confusion!

I was under the assumption that this modpack was 'official' which is why I ended up on these forums. I enjoy TFC very much - thanks for the good work :)

First I can not replicate this in our fork. Secondly we've changed very little in TFC code. To make things work and be balanced we needed changes that are not compatible with standalone TFC.