Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Kittychanley

Building Materials

5 posts in this topic

I'm planning on starting up a new season of my LP, and thought it wouldn't hurt to create a seed request post in case someone out there has something that would work.

There's really only two things that for me are an absolute must, while everything else would just be nice to have:

• There must be a surface stone type that can spawn some sort of copper ore within 1,000 blocks of spawn. I would very strongly like to avoid gold panning to get the copper for my first tools.
  • No dry grass. It's ugly, you can't find clay in it, and it just generally makes me sad.

Other things that would be nice, but are not required:

• A nearby source of fresh water, either a large pond, a lake, or a river.
  • Building materials to build the house I failed to complete in the last season:
    • Trees - Douglas Fir, Birch and Pine
    • Stone - Basalt, Limestone, and some sort of basic grey stone for a driveway (Andesite, Dacite, Diorite, Dolomite, Granite, Phyllite, Quartzite, Rhyolite), Conglomerate would also work.
  • Flux stone within 5,000 blocks of spawn.
  • Spawn Z coordinate between -12,000 and -20,000
  • A plains biome or other relatively large area that is flat, or would look ok flattened (About 60x70 blocks).

It should also be noted that I strongly despise willow... so if the seed puts me in an area with a lot of willow trees I will clear the entire area and convert all those ugly green logs to charcoal.

If I do use a seed that you post, I'll make sure to give you credit in the first video for finding it. :)

Well, I recently generated a world that fits some, but not all of your requirements.

The surface stone is dolomite. It is grey, it is a flux stone, and it does not bear copper. However, the second layer is basalt (which you were looking for), and the third layer is gabbro (Which looks pretty nice, and carries important ores like gold, nickel, tin, and most importantly diamonds). There are many very deep ravines in the area that take you straight to the basalt layer.

The grass is nice and lush, and there are many ponds, rivers, and hot springs. The major trees around spawn are acacia, sycamore, birch, and kapok. The area is quite flat, but you'll have to deal with the profusion of trees.

The basalt ravine is at 9426, -5722.

Yes, -5722 z, which is quite outside your desired coordinate range.

I'll post some pictures soon, but am currently making tea for my sister. The door workshop I recently posted about is in that area, so you can get a feel about what it looks like there.

you could always use the seed i made a thread for. the forest directly south of spawn has pine, ash, and maple. and the majority of the starting island is gabbro, basalt and rock salt. there is also limestone about 2500 blocks to the west of spawn and the z coord is -14700. there is a medium-sized vein of poor copper within 100 blocks of spawn.

ill leave a link for my thread below for quick finding.http://terrafirmacraft.com/f/topic/8255-7918-pretty-good-starting-zone/

Edited by Mathias Ademar

Head slighting NW from spawn (over the hills) there is a nice "flat" area (need to clear out trees). Copper and Tin are plentiful all over the area. Both fresh water (river) and salt water (ocean).

Added bonus of lava pools to dispose of unwanted items  ;)

This is the seed I have been using for my private server "season 2".

Z: -9884

Spawn point is in a forest, douglad fir, hickory and pine. Stone is phyllite, so should spawn tetrahedrite. About 250 blocks east the forest ends and a meadow starts. Big lakes, lots of flat surface, lots of food. Lots of game in the woods. At least 3 fruit trees are visible right when you leave the forest. The views are very nice all around. Lots of clay.

+477, -10316 - a patch of marble (so flux stone) in the mountains with visible malachite vein.

+400 -10385 - lots of small tetrahedrite lying around

+560 - 10457 - limestone starts here

Flying around not very far, I spotted coal, kaolinite, pigs, sheep, horses.

No cows :( With cows it would be a paradise ;)