Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
kunke

My personal idea for the nether

14 posts in this topic

I was thinking about how to go about changing the nether for TFC and had a brilliant solution.

1.Constant night

2.VERY hot for forages and stuffs

3.Same as over-world gen BUT trees do not have leaves, the ocean is lava, The grass is black, gray, or white, And it only has Basalt stone. All dirt is very dark, near black.

4.All mobs that are currently in the game would spawn but with 2X health and 2X damage, creapers spawn charged

5.Fruit trees will not spawn

6.Ore will not spawn but rather in its place will be Glowstone

7.Your hunger depletion is 2X as fast and in normal and above you can die due to lack of food

8. Cave spider spawners will be found randomly near the Glowstone deposits

9. Lava lakes will be very common

10. Netherack beaches will be found near the lava oceans

11.Soul sand will be found directly above the bedrock layer making it very hard to obtain

12.You can not place water or ice

13.In hardcore mode the sea level is higher?

That's my idea leave feedback and tell me what you think. 13 is just something i thought was worth adding.

Edit: Due to Valkupo's post I have thought of a few more ideas to promote exploration:

1.All of the harder mobs have a chance of dropping their weapon but with enchantments, for example a skeleton could drop an enchanted bow.

2.There could be better nether variants of some of the crops strewn across the land, these crops would be better than regular crops

3.A new ore could be added that could give a netherwart variants that acts the same for making potions

4.Make enchantment tables rarely spawn in those huge nether castles (the ones where you could obtain netherwart before)

Why would you like to obtain soulsand? From what i can remember it is only good for slowing mobs...

Well it is interesting, but I would see little reason to go to the nether you mention. I would just build a little building to house a forge/bloomery and smelt my metals there because of idea #2. I suppose there would be some glowstone, but I could collect all I would ever need in a couple minutes. After that I would have no reason to ever explore the area again.

Making things hard is fine, but you need to give reasons for people to want to deal with it.

i would suggest that instead of glowstone were ores are make the ores higher class stuff more common there so you can get iron stuff there easier then in the overworld

There's already a topic for Nether discussion - this should have been a post in it. please browse the front page before posting new topics

There's already a topic for Nether discussion - this should have been a post in it. please browse the front page before posting new topics

http://terrafirmacra...832-go-to-hell/

The reason i didn't post this as part of that is because my idea is completely different.

The reason i didn't post this as part of that is because my idea is completely different.

We're not competing, and no idea is better than any other. I agree that the Nether is a broad subject, but it's going to be a long while before TFC touches it, I suspect. It might be a good idea for us to discuss and pick at each others ideas in a single, organized place.

Anyway we don't need everyone to post 'My personal idea' threads for anything. If it's so personal, frankly maybe you ought to make a mod for it. No disrespect intended. :P

We're not competing, and no idea is better than any other. I agree that the Nether is a broad subject, but it's going to be a long while before TFC touches it, I suspect. It might be a good idea for us to discuss and pick at each others ideas in a single, organized place.

Anyway we don't need everyone to post 'My personal idea' threads for anything. If it's so personal, frankly maybe you ought to make a mod for it. No disrespect intended. :P

My idea was different if it were to be included with the original thread it would be hard to keep then separated. Your argument is invalid.

My idea was different if it were to be included with the original thread it would be hard to keep then separated. Your argument is invalid.

Actually it's not - the thread I started was for ANY nether related discussion, not just discussion of my one idea. It's a 'how do we want the nether handled if bioxx decides to keep it' thread

Actually it's not - the thread I started was for ANY nether related discussion, not just discussion of my one idea. It's a 'how do we want the nether handled if bioxx decides to keep it' thread

Bioxx said to make a new thread for each suggestion.

Bioxx said to make a new thread for each suggestion.

sigh... do what you want, I'm not the forum police around here. Just the grammar gestapo.

sigh... do what you want, I'm not the forum police around here. Just the grammar gestapo.

It's a thankless job, but someone has to do it.

It's a thankless job, but someone has to do it.

The proper word for that situation would be 'somebody'. 'Someone' refers to a specific but unidentified individual, whereas 'somebody' is much more vague and can refer to any person at all, with no specificity implied.

So, as you said~

The proper word for that situation would be 'somebody'. 'Someone' refers to a specific but unidentified individual, whereas 'somebody' is much more vague and can refer to any person at all, with no specificity implied.

So, as you said~

Well, in this instance, you were the specific but unidentified individual.