Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Verelina

[Offline, World DL available][0.79.22.761] Vere's Public Server

33 posts in this topic

With a heavy heart, I'm afraid that I'm going to have to close down the server:

With backups, the server size was about to start reaching the 15GB cap I had for the server, and I simply cannot afford to pay for more space alone.

That being said, I am backing up the server one last time, and will be storing it on my OneDrive that I get alongside my Office subscription, and will be more than happy to distribute out a link to be able to download it, to anyone who would like.

The world in a compressed file is 3.5GB.

If you do want it, send me a message via the forums, and I'll respond to you if I'm on my computer.

Pretty much the only rules are:

Don't be a dick, and respect others. :]

Don't cheat. (Minimaps and NEI are cool.)

If too much griefing or cheating starts going on, I'll either whitelist or take down the server.

167.114.197.167:25565

Edited by Verelina

You should whitelist it if there is griefing, not take it down! We have been needing a new TFC server for a while now :) thank you so much Verelina!

-cybernation

Edited by cybernation

hmmmmmmmm maybe add towny and you will find your server flooding with players :P

edit:maybe add some rules too 

Edited by Xabedo

i tried the server and  its good but there is some issues like players leaving and not in TAB or anything and can you make the map with edges and pre-loaded im getting hell a lot of lag

Yeah, it seems to lag a lot when people are exploring -- unfortunately the spawn zone is an island, so when going on a boat, the chunks loading causes a lot of lag.

Outside of that though, I myself haven't seen many issues.

Vere, if you see this could you kick me right now? it says that i am online and i got a "timed out" error now it says that cybernation is online but I can't get on because it keeps saying timed out. So could someone kick me? so i can join?

Vere, I talked with ZomgPig and he is getting the same issue I am. We get kicked from the server saying "Can't connect to server, timed out" and then cannot relog back into the server. When I look to see, it shows me as online in the server... This has happened multiple times now and is not fixing itself, this is very frustrating and I would like you to look into fixing it.

It has been well over an hour and my fake "timed out" cybernation still exists. this is frustrating because I can't play. I would appreciate it if you looked into this. I know ZomgPig has been having troubles with it as well

verelina, nobody has been on today. This needs to be fixed or run a server restart...

I updated my TFC to match the server's version, but I keep getting error messages when trying to join- Server is still restarting, but mostly "server is closed". Is anyone else having a similar problem?

Verelina,

first just wanted to thank you for having the server up. I really like barebones TFC and other than the boat dispenser at spawn this is about as bare bones as it gets. I've been playing four a couple weeks now on and off and it's been pretty great. 

I have been killed somewhat frequently by lag. So I've avoided playing during the day. Often the server just freezes... you hear a lot of hitting sounds and then BAM! dead. 

I was hoping to go into the Iron Age today but the server appears to be eating itself today. Everyone who has tried to play today has left because the lag is so bad. I kept getting kicked every few seconds. 

I did check to make sure it wasn't on my end. Did a speed test (a not impressive but solid 20+mps) and all the other sites I have running are fine. 

Might I suggest a twice a day reboot instead of just the one? I think it might clear up some of the problems with the daytime lag. 

Thanks again. Really appreciate the playspace. 

The server seems to hang on startup. I'll try and get this resolved immediately.

Sorry for any inconveniences and thank you for your patience.

EDIT: The server's back up, but I had to roll it back two days. I'm very sorry for any inconveniences. :(

Edited by Verelina

The server seems to hang on startup. I'll try and get this resolved immediately.

Sorry for any inconveniences and thank you for your patience.

EDIT: The server's back up, but I had to roll it back two days. I'm very sorry for any inconveniences. :(

Ouch... lost like 8 hours of work in my mine. Thank you for keeping it up and running though. I really appreciate efforts like this. This is my 3rd time in a game of TFC because the servers before this all crashed and were unrecoverable before I got out of the iron age... I really want to play the game through this time. 

Thanks again. 

The server's been upgraded, but unfortunately requires a new IP.

Here's the IP: 167.114.197.167:25565

All progress has been carried over, but anything onwards will not carry over, unless you play on the new server.

The 'old' server will be closing down in about three weeks, and will spam the message to migrate to the new server.

Edited by Verelina

The server's been upgraded, but unfortunately requires a new IP.

Here's the IP: 167.114.197.167:25565

All progress has been carried over, but anything onwards will not carry over, unless you play on the new server.

The 'old' server will be closing down in about three weeks, and will spam the message to migrate to the new server. 

when are you going to update to 21? 

I will upgrade to update 79.21 once everything is settled with the server.

I have it offline for maintenance currently, as I reinstate backups and daily shutdowns.

It should be back up within an hour or two, and I'm sorry for the inconveniences it is causing anyone, but it's very important since this is a public server.

Edited by Verelina

Everything is good to go!

I'll update to 79.21 in a couple days from now!

Unfortunately I (Fitzchivalry50), Deez_Gutz, and Deez_Mutz were all using the Tekkit Launcher for this mod.  The modpack does not currently allow any update, so this looks like the end of the road for us.

Unfortunately I (Fitzchivalry50), Deez_Gutz, and Deez_Mutz were all using the Tekkit Launcher for this mod.  The modpack does not currently allow any update, so this looks like the end of the road for us.

You can make your own mod launcher packs you know. I'd recommend exploring that if you can't install the mods directly yourself. That' said... I'm 45 and shitty with computers and I figured it out. It's not that hard to install the mods. Good luck.