Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
EastAPOLO

Favorite Heavy Metal Band?

22 posts in this topic

I like a band called Sabaton they are a Swedish Heavy metal band and they are pretty cool in my opinion. My 2nd favorite is a German Heavy metal band called Powerwolf but Sabaton for sure is number one for me. Whats your favorite heavy metal band?     :)

Sabaton

Posted Image

Powerwolf

Posted Image

Edited by EastAPOLO

Not sure about all the styles definitions, but:

Accept and U.D.O., mostly old albums.  Also Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Helloween and a bunch of others.

Thanks for your favorite band names, will check them out.

Not sure about all the styles definitions, but:

Accept and U.D.O., mostly old albums.  Also Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Helloween and a bunch of others.

Thanks for your favorite band names, will check them out.

Judas Priest   :)   Awesome band!    I would say I prefer them to iron maiden but all of them are great bands.

Rammstein (German)

Listened to Rammstein before love the band, and Sabaton even made a cover of one of their songs called

Feuer frei. Rammstein is awesome especially when performing live in my opinion.   :) 

Edited by EastAPOLO

Rush :)  their old stuff is heavier - new stuff is more "progressive"(Perhaps more rock than heavy metal but I don't care they're a great band)

Edited by ChunkHunter

Rush :)  their old stuff is heavier - new stuff is more "progressive"(Perhaps more rock than heavy metal but I don't care they're a great band)

Never heard of Rush before gonna go check them out, love hearing new or old bands I never listened to.  :)

Edited by EastAPOLO

Try older stuff, from albums "Caress of Steel" or "Rush"; or if you're feeling you want a story (Led. Zep style), go for 2112 (20 mins of music in 6? parts is one coherent story)

Try older stuff, from albums "Caress of Steel" or "Rush"; or if you're feeling you want a story (Led. Zep style), go for 2112 (20 mins of music in 6? parts is one coherent story)

Oh, right, Rush. Had listened them some time ago, have few discs somewhere :) Thanks for reminding and albums advice :)

Sabaton. Amazing. I enjoy tasting music that other people love, but usually it doesn't fit me, people are different :) . But Sabaton is great!

It combines glorious heroic style (which is present in e.g. Manowar songs, but is overused there. And in old Nightwish.), great rhythm (which invites to shake head), frequent changes of style - melodic guitar solos, beating sawing (idk the term, when guitars make rhythmic zhig-zhig sounds :), like buzzing solos), strong vocals fully fit into the music and sometimes without music, persuasive but not excessive drums. It also feels like it is something new, i.e. the sound doesn't repeat all usual heavy metal templates, despite surely it is heavy metal.

And I realized I have heard their Prima Victoria already, but as a cover by Van Canto.

And since most of the songs are about war, they would be a good background for war games. :)

Btw, EastAPOLO, just wondering, considering your signatire ("It's fine to celebrate success but it is more important to heed the lessons of failure. - Bill Gates"), have you also heard about "survivorship bias" (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Survivorship_bias#In_the_military). If you have not, I hope it will be interesting for you. I liked that military example.

Edited by heptagon_ru

Oh, right, Rush. Had listened them some time ago, have few discs somewhere :) Thanks for reminding and albums advice :)

Sabaton. Amazing. I enjoy tasting music that other people love, but usually it doesn't fit me, people are different :) . But Sabaton is great!

It combines glorious heroic style (which is present in e.g. Manowar songs, but is overused there. And in old Nightwish.), great rhythm (which invites to shake head), frequent changes of style - melodic guitar solos, beating sawing (idk the term, when guitars make rhythmic zhig-zhig sounds :), like buzzing solos), strong vocals fully fit into the music and sometimes without music, persuasive but not excessive drums. It also feels like it is something new, i.e. the sound doesn't repeat all usual heavy metal templates, despite surely it is heavy metal.

And I realized I have heard their Prima Victoria already, but as a cover by Van Canto.

And since most of the songs are about war, they would be a good background for war games. :)

Btw, EastAPOLO, just wondering, considering your signatire ("It's fine to celebrate success but it is more important to heed the lessons of failure. - Bill Gates"), have you also heard about "survivorship bias" (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Survivorship_bias#In_the_military). If you have not, I hope it will be interesting for you. I liked that military example.

Personally I haven't heard of it (survivorship bias) but it looks pretty cool especially the military example when comparing it to Bill Gates. I love reading about World War 2 or wars in general and learning about them and the individuals involved and what they did. Mostly why I like Sabaton and as a Sabaton fanboy I am glad you like them.   :)  I have listened to Nightwish and Manowar and I agree that Sabaton changes their music a bit with unique sounds and not many repeats taking inspiration from other bands. If you listen to their Carolus Rex Album they have such a nice choir/symphonic mix I think its called and it sounds beautiful, I think you would like it.

Your idea about their music being used as a background for war games sounds awesome! especially that Nightwish and Manowar mix that they have is great!  :)

Oh and by the way I listened to Van Canto the Primo Victoria cover and some of their other songs like Metallica Master of Puppets and I think they nailed it! It was awesome. I got to go to a Sabaton, Delain, and Nightwish concert (3 bands in one concert) which believe it or not Sabaton stole the show I mean it turned into a mosh pit when Sabaton came and you couldn't move where you were standing barely at that point. Of course Nightwish had the best effects and symphonic music in that concert in my opinion then Sabaton and Delain considering they were the main band and Sabaton/Delain were support bands.   :)  So I hope to go to a Van Canto concert one day as well and have a great experience and sorry for my rambling I talk too much lol.     :D

PS: Have you seen this?   Such a good song by Manowar in my opinion.  m/ !!!!!!  :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hg9RO9SB-Es 

Edited by EastAPOLO

Deep Purple.  Smoke on the Water and Highway Star were some of the first songs to be called Heavy Metal.  They and Black Sabbath were the reason they coined the term. 

Edited by WillOfStone

My list is kind of all over the place from various rocks to metals: Blue Oyster Cult, Rush, Queensryche, Scorpions, Manowar, Rammstein, Rhapsody, Blind Guardian, Iced Earth, Hammerfall, (old) DragonForce, Van Halen, Triumph...

DO ANYTHING FOR DEATHCLOCK!

More seriously though, does Tool count? If not probably mudvayne

Edited by MDub

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Metallica....

Metallica!!!!!!!!  I love their songs, for whom the bell tolls, and Master of Puppets are my favorites.

I used to listen to heavy/death metal a lot (e.g. Arch Enemy and Amon Amarth) but in the last few years i've mellowed somewhat. Indeed, Rush is amazing. So is Iron Maiden and Blind Guardian. 

I used to listen to heavy/death metal a lot (e.g. Arch Enemy and Amon Amarth) but in the last few years i've mellowed somewhat. Indeed, Rush is amazing. So is Iron Maiden and Blind Guardian. 

Personally I like to listen to heavy metal a lot but sometimes some orchestral music is good so I can take a break sometimes, but either way I love both heavy metal and orchestral music.

Personally I like to listen to heavy metal a lot but sometimes some orchestral music is good so I can take a break sometimes, but either way I love both heavy metal and orchestral music.

Maybe you would enjoy Battlelore and Rhapsody of Fire. 

I think it's almost impossible to keep playing tons of heavy metal after marriage but if some of you manage it, let me know your secret :D

I'm the same way, I play classical music in my car, but listen to all kinds of heavy metal at home.

Favorite Band by far is Nile. Egyptian themed death metal, but the band is from the USA. Very cool stuff if you like extreme music.

I also love Iron Maiden, Metallica, Suidakra (German), and Tool to name a few others.

Maybe you would enjoy Battlelore and Rhapsody of Fire. 

I think it's almost impossible to keep playing tons of heavy metal after marriage but if some of you manage it, let me know your secret :D

Not married myself, but if you have a man-cave or garage, it could become your heavy metal haven? My girlfriend does not tolerate my music one bit, so I feel your pain.