Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Teranz

Suggestion for the owner of TFC Forums!

57 posts in this topic

You need black steel and red steel forger ranks.

Yeah i do realise that but their is so many ranks and they allready go up to 3k posts, while the most atm is 300 posts...

yeah, there are forum admins who haven't even hit 3k yet, lol.

I will catch you someday eternal! Also teranz can you check out my rp compat thread? Even if you don't care about RP, I need you to answer something I asked eternal there. Thanx

I will catch you someday eternal! Also teranz can you check out my rp compat thread? Even if you don't care about RP, I need you to answer something I asked eternal there. Thanx

Can't catch what you can't see

*smokebomb*

*fan*

Da fuq and sure will...

Also cant find it so give me a link...

There you go

Shouldn't we try to award content over count?

Shouldn't we try to award content over count?

What do you mean?

What do you mean?

Instead of just posting to raise your post count, try to add something to the conversation that's meaningful.

Instead of just posting to raise your post count, try to add something to the conversation that's meaningful.

conversations like PMing or like a conversation we are having right now?

conversations like PMing or like a conversation we are having right now?

I'm pretty sure he's saying post counts encourage worthless posts because some people just want to inflate theirs so they can sit there admiring it...and we should reward well written posts instead of not-well written ones.

I'm pretty sure he's saying post counts encourage worthless posts because some people just want to inflate theirs so they can sit there admiring it...and we should reward well written posts instead of not-well written ones.

Arent like buttons for that doe?

Arent like buttons for that doe?

Yes, but if someone posts witty comments just to raise his like count and thereby his "level", that doesn't mean that it's a quality post. There is no good way to deal with it.

Yes, but if someone posts witty comments just to raise his like count and thereby his "level", that doesn't mean that it's a quality post. There is no good way to deal with it.

I guess so, well tfc forums will just have to stay with the basic ranking system...

Also got another idea this time about like buttons and reputation...

You know you are pretty much suggesting things that make forums weirder, and more circlejerkish, like escapist, somethingawful, and facepunch.

You know you are pretty much suggesting things that make forums weirder, and more circlejerkish, like escapist, somethingawful, and facepunch.

and you make words up so we are both aquel. Also i suggest one thing about the forums.

...I like escapist and somethingawful

they gave us Yahzee and slenderman

jesus christ okay no

This forum doesn't really need ridiculous rankings. I mean, you're really giving off the vibe that you're children who judge each other based on post count and that's a seriously bad habit to start. No need for more stupid bullshit ranks, okay?

This thread is kind of outdated (Two weeks old with no answers..), but since it got ressurected somehow, I will give my opinion: No.

Any kind of rank, even just that counter we already have here, is kind of bad. That just says to the community how active we are, but that doesn't mean that all that content the member posted is positive, or useful. Adding more ranks could be fun? Yes. But will make some members just flood away to get a high rank. I'm not just saying that from my mind, is a reality.

Now, the "Like" button is kind of nice, you actually show that some post have good content, or that you agree with that person. But this system can get out of control too, the same way the rankings do. If people just care about those numbers, the forum will start to be like a YouTube: People will make posts and/or threads, and start to say "Hey, like my post!" and that's just not right. :(

Forums need to be as simple as possible. Why IRC made, and still make this huge sucess over billion of instant chatting, for example? Or course it was the first kind of chat online, but still, is alive. And hell... it IS ALIVE, because people like the way it works.

Here is a place of discussion and sharing ideas and thoughts, and to have fun as well, by on your correct time and place.

-snip-

Couldn't agree more, I don't like forum ranks because they encourage people to post needless comments to "rank up". They also encourage elitism in the form of "You only joined x time ago, my opinion matters more than yours". If you must implement a ranking system, at least make it a meritocracy. Anyone can spew useless rubbish to up post counts, but if the "ranks" are assessed based on likes or something similar, it would better represent the quality of that users posts.

(That said, I wouldn't want to implement that either because then it turn into a bloody popularity contest -.-)